Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jam

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
OK if you say so yada yada Foxton & Buckler must have been thinking WTF?! while Weller's barrow boy dad must have been rubbing his sweaty palms together at the thought of all that solo artist royalties coming his way.

I am sure the royalty cheques would have been even higher if he had kept milking The Jam rather than splitting up the band at there height in order to release an album of predominantly jazz instrumentals.

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
:Sat in my local tonight The Fox in Lower bourne near Farnham in surrey watching a band who was sat opposite me? Mr Bruce Foxton top bloke too:clap::clap:

- - - Updated - - -

For my generation THE GREATEST BAND TO WALK THE PLANET

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I am sure the royalty cheques would have been even higher if he had kept milking The Jam rather than splitting up the band at there height in order to release an album of predominantly jazz instrumentals.

ooh thats harsh!but slightly true.

for what its worth my favorite is English Rose,it just works beautifully,and i i do need to read into the lyrics or any such collytwaddlecrap.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
OK if you say so yada yada Foxton & Buckler must have been thinking WTF?! while Weller's barrow boy dad must have been rubbing his sweaty palms together at the thought of all that solo artist royalties coming his way.

Lovely guy John, great to chat with, a good man who loved watching his son at gigs...pathetic, unfounded, cheap shot on someone no longer with us

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
:Sat in my local tonight The Fox in Lower bourne near Farnham in surrey watching a band who was sat opposite me? Mr Bruce Foxton top bloke too:clap::clap:

At the final gig in 82, Bruce fizzed his plectrum into the crowd, straight into my mates eye! He was quick enough to catch it & still has to this day

Mar 15, 2009
Brighton
Magnificent!!!

What is your favourite track?Mine has changed many times over the years but right now it is:

Mine just changed today, as I had a loud session on the way home. Its now Thick as Thieves if only for the over laying verse
'But something came along that changes our minds
I don't know what and I don't know why
But we seemed to grow up in a flash of time
While we watched our ideals helplessly unwind

Genius

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Mine just changed today, as I had a loud session on the way home. Its now Thick as Thieves if only for the over laying verse
'But something came along that changes our minds
I don't know what and I don't know why
But we seemed to grow up in a flash of time
While we watched our ideals helplessly unwind

Genius

Going to stick this on at work. A masterpiece that makes me so nostalgic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here