Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The - I've been somewhere no one else has - thread

Inside & on top of the East Stand at Falmer
Me too.

p908248086-4.jpg

that the one out the bond film?
looks nice!

Been there. Monasteries stuck up on the top there - they used to use ropes to haul supplies and people to them. According to the tour guide when asked when they changed the ropes one of the monks replied "when they break!".

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Been there. Monasteries stuck up on the top there - they used to use ropes to haul supplies and people to them. According to the tour guide when asked when they changed the ropes one of the monks replied "when they break!".

"When God decides they need changing" I got!

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Is that the birth place of the Undertaker? :eek:

Its the lowest place in the western hemisphere - very eerie in the dark with hot winds blowing and no proper civilisation for over 100 miles!!

Or this.......

Badwater Basin is an endorheic basin in Death Valley (within Death Valley National Park), Inyo County, California, noted as the lowest point in North America, with an elevation of 282 ft (86 m) below sea level. Mount Whitney, the highest point in the contiguous 48 states, is only 76 miles to the west.

The site itself consists of a small spring-fed pool of "bad water" next to the road; the accumulated salts of the surrounding basin make it undrinkable, thus giving it the name. The pool does have animal and plant life, including pickleweed, aquatic insects, and the Badwater snail.

Adjacent to the pool, where water is not always present at the surface, repeated freeze–thaw and evaporation cycles gradually push the thin salt crust into hexagonal honeycomb shapes.

The pool itself is not actually the lowest point of the basin: the lowest point (which is only slightly lower) is several miles to the west and varies in position. However, the salt flats are hazardous to traverse (in many cases being only a thin white crust over mud), and so the sign is at the pool. It is often mistakenly described as the lowest elevation in the Western Hemisphere, but that is actually Laguna del Carbón in Argentina at −105 meters (−344 feet).

Last edited:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
the top of Mt Kilamanjaro

Mountain Lodge in Kenya

Yep - did you wear any BHA gear..?!

'83 scarf and bobble hat for me.

Great Yarmouth- England

Yep, when the Eleni V dropped all it's oil on the beaches there (Lowestoft anyway)

Grange Town, Middlesbrough

Leyland, Preston

Arf, most of this thread is about nice places, and you bring a new low.. :lol:

Well i think i match your Grangemouth with the close-by Shitland area known as Peterlee.. :(

And does Fulwood and Bamber Bridge count for the later ?

And i'll give out:

Idra, Greece.

Thong Nai Pan, Koh Phan Gan

Last edited:

Its the lowest place in the western hemisphere - very eerie in the dark with hot winds blowing and no proper civilisation for over 100 miles!!

Or this.......

Badwater Basin is an endorheic basin in Death Valley (within Death Valley National Park), Inyo County, California, noted as the lowest point in North America, with an elevation of 282 ft (86 m) below sea level. Mount Whitney, the highest point in the contiguous 48 states, is only 76 miles to the west.

The site itself consists of a small spring-fed pool of "bad water" next to the road; the accumulated salts of the surrounding basin make it undrinkable, thus giving it the name. The pool does have animal and plant life, including pickleweed, aquatic insects, and the Badwater snail.

Adjacent to the pool, where water is not always present at the surface, repeated freeze–thaw and evaporation cycles gradually push the thin salt crust into hexagonal honeycomb shapes.

The pool itself is not actually the lowest point of the basin: the lowest point (which is only slightly lower) is several miles to the west and varies in position. However, the salt flats are hazardous to traverse (in many cases being only a thin white crust over mud), and so the sign is at the pool. It is often mistakenly described as the lowest elevation in the Western Hemisphere, but that is actually Laguna del Carbón in Argentina at −105 meters (−344 feet).

Been there and roamed the dunes, then slept the night under the stars before heading up to Zabriskie Point - and then on to a real ghost-town just over the back of Death Valley. Sterrrange!

Okay.... mine is Itaparica island, an hour sail off the coast of Brasil at Salvador, Bahia. The hottest sand I have ever experienced, you just can not walk on it! Swimming around jellyfish to get ashore was a bit hazardous too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here