Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the IT crowd...

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I had to watch this as it was my sort of job they were sending up. It was obvious they were going to make them geeks with silly little gadgets on their desks.

It got off to a good start with the bloke deliberately not answering the phone then telling the customer to: "Turn it off and on again" and the fact that the IT Dept is stuck in the basement, which is spot on.

There were other rather amusing bits but on the whole it was pretty poor.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought the second show was funnier than the first...certainly the IT party was hillarious.

The boss shouting at his PC after the bloke had "put voice recognition " on his PC was excellent.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I couldn't help but notice the wonderful legs that the head of the IT Dept had - just a shame about the toes.

:D

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I thought that he was referring to 8/10 only being QUITE good.

Exactly.

Assume 'Smart Mart' is an ironic name?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought The IT Crowd was embarrassingly bad. Whether you're in IT or not, it was two-dimensional, peurile and the kind of thing that hopefully Alan Partridge and The Office had swept away forever. Could see practically every gag coming. Christ knows why Chris Morris agreed to have anything to do with it cos it just brought him down to IT's level.

But apart from that, fine.

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Tom Hark said:
Christ knows why Chris Morris agreed to have anything to do with it cos it just brought him down to IT's level.

I see what you done there. Nice:thumbsup:

Ever thought of writing sitcoms?

Just caught up with it - OK, it's not breaking any comedy boundaries, but it's pretty good.

It's so recognisably Graham Linehan, the character-driven comedy, the slapstick.

You even have a "Dougal" figure in nerd character played by Richard Ayoade, who was so brilliant as one of the Nathan Barley idiots, and Morris playing the Father Jack lunatic.

Katherine Parkinson as Ginger Jen is also well :love: :love: :love:

Not quite as good as Father Ted, but in the same ballpark.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
London Irish said:
Not quite as good as Father Ted, but in the same ballpark.

:jester: :jester:
Father Ted was in a league of its own, no comparison. Father Ted rules :clap2: :clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jello said:
:jester: :jester:
Father Ted was in a league of its own, no comparison. Father Ted rules :clap2: :clap2:

On a related subject, did anybody else notice the late Father Ted making a cameo appearance as an H Block steward at the Burnley match?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here