Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ISIS Crisis: About Time Too Dave

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I see Anjem Choudary has helpfully declared the Caliphate as legitimate and British Muslims have "no choice" but to pledge allegiance (3.15)

what a spanner.

No Andy is an extremist born and raised in this country. He has claimed benefits for over 12 years whilst spouting bile against the country that allows him his extreme views. Waste of a good skin.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Worrying because thats who most muslims look to for their advice. Not.

most muslims are not the problem though,its the jihadist freaks that Choudary tries to appeal to and latch onto that are the problem,so i would say he is a very dangerous arse when he opens his mouth.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
most muslims are not the problem though,its the jihadist freaks that Choudary tries to appeal to and latch onto that are the problem,so i would say he is a very dangerous arse when he opens his mouth.

I agree...but thankfully, their numbers are small....and hopefully they take the advice and go to syria/iraq

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can anyone tell me why it's not possible for the US with its sophisticated military equipment to take out most of the IS forces in one or two air raids. Surely they know from satellite pictures are where these scum-bags are situated. Just extinguish them all. No questions asked.

Also known as the "Israelii Method"... you cant do this without unacceptable collateral damage unless you put alot on people on the ground (and still get an amount of collateral damage cf Iraq, Afganistan, everyother intervention by anyone ever)

Perhaps the West should never of armed them then.

Perhaps the West didn't. Perhaps the West provided arms to *some* anti-Assad groups but not others because they knew they weren't people they wanted around.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I dont think the west directly armed ISIS, but they were a bit stupid to think they wouldnt get their hands on any equipment, especially when they are engaged in a war with the other rebel groups. They have plenty of arms now, and a shedload of dollars.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This could have all been avoided if 1) worlds governments listened to the tens of million people protesting against the Iraq war on 13/02/03 and 2) Western powers stabilised the region during the Arab Spring, instead of arming Jihadists and aided the toppling of its strong leaders.

1) i know tens of millions had no comprehension of the sequence of event over 10 years to lead to this outcome, they where simply saying "no war", and there is nothing to say we wouldn't have been here anyway in a post Saddam Iraq. The west didn't create ISIS. 2) By stabilise, you mean support all of the incumbant leaders? so you suggest he west should have supported those leaders against the popular uprisings? thats fair enough, but its an odd view to hold, and at odds with the "no war" view.

I say we should just stay out of it either way, but that means leaving thousands or millions to be suppressed by whatever leader or group ends up in power - not a commonly accepted outcome.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I say we should just stay out of it either way, but that means leaving thousands or millions to be suppressed by whatever leader or group ends up in power - not a commonly accepted outcome.

It's worked ok in the UK

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Perhaps they pillaged or stole them, but ISIS are frequently seen carrying American weapons. Whether the West increased their arms deliberately or inadvertently, it is absolute idiocy & completely irresponsible increasing the quality and quantity of ammunition in that region... or perhaps just profitable.

The American weapons that ISIS have were mostly obtained from the US trained regular Iraqi Army when they ran away from battle .

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
We keep on being told that Islam is a peaceful religion so why are they so scared of all other religions ( including, it has to be said, the Shia muslims who are supposedly worshipping the same god) that they are hell bent on destroying all adherents to other religions - Christians, Kurds, Yazidis etc and binding everyone to THEIR will ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We keep on being told that Islam is a peaceful religion so why are they so scared of all other religions ( including, it has to be said, the Shia muslims who are supposedly worshipping the same god) that they are hell bent on destroying all adherents to other religions - Christians, Kurds, Yazidis etc and binding everyone to THEIR will ?

Welcome to every religion ever. Muslim ideology is one of peace however it gets interpreted in many different ways. It's the same reason why they're so many different sects of Christianity.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The American weapons that ISIS have were mostly obtained from the US trained regular Iraqi Army when they ran away from battle .

its brilliant its all the americans fault because they made the weapons.

if the japanese made the trucks they bomb around in is it their fault too.

what country made the knife the slimeball who beheaded james foley?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
We Great Britain need to stay away from this conflict. You will never secure peace in that region. Take this most recent uprising. Nothing to fight for, no cause to revel in, so they just start fighting amongst themselves instead. Sunni Muslims supposedly unhappy with a Shiite majority government and the Kurds autonomous in the north. Iraqis vs Iraqis (and some Syrians). A smoke screen agenda for ISIS to carry out there holy war (or Jihad). They fail to see the irony that there actions are closer to nihilism than Islam.

Take Hamas. You could remove the State of Israel along with the entire Jewish population within it and still they would find another agenda, another cause to fight for.

All there energies devoutly focused with what's wrong in the world, completely oblivious that THEY, not the Western world are the problem.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Who knows..why did catholics fight protestants for centuries... its religion...

but its not religion, these are people who truly do not know God and are filled with hatred and a perverted form of non doctrinal evil hiding behind a peaceful religion

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
its brilliant its all the americans fault because they made the weapons.

if the japanese made the trucks they bomb around in is it their fault too.

what country made the knife the slimeball who beheaded james foley?

A bit simplifed, but... the US support of the rebels, arming, financing and, to the point of almost bombing Assads forces....along with the **** up that was Iraq, has brought us to this point...so yes...the USA does bear responsibility

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here