Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Iron Fist of Bozza

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah, but the point being your opinion is just one of many and those interested in restricting or silencing people they don't like/disagree with have different lists with many more names (see cancel culture). NSC is more than a football forum as it embraces numerous topics including politics which is very divisive and polarised at the moment. The statement by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] lists numerous nebulous terms that could lead to a ban and are open to wide interpretation, moderating in a balanced consistent way is extremely important ... if I were a betting man I would confidently predict nearly all those who are banned in the coming months would be of one political persuasion

I certainly hope so.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Good point .. what level of discrimination would you be happy with ... political belief, religion, ethnicity?

Dunno. Quite comfortable with some political belief discrimination, to be honest because (unlike ethnicity) that's a choice (religion as a choice is a grey area). Probably won't have to find out because I doubt it'll be much of an issue, but if it is, the other side of being in a bozzacracy is that if The Bozza goes too erratic and unbalanced, it will drive away board users and the site will become less than it is, and ultimately that's down to Bozza and what he'd be happy with, not me and what I'd be happy with.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Dunno. Quite comfortable with some political belief discrimination, to be honest because (unlike ethnicity) that's a choice (religion as a choice is a grey area). Probably won't have to find out because I doubt it'll be much of an issue, but if it is, the other side of being in a bozzacracy is that if The Bozza goes too erratic and unbalanced, it will drive away board users and the site will become less than it is, and ultimately that's down to Bozza and what he'd be happy with, not me and what I'd be happy with.

So you are comfortable with having freedom to discriminate against those who exercise their freedom to think differently to you on political matters - nice!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Long, long overdue.

The current one is only a short term ban for trolling. If you check mod decisions he's had multiple bans, the longest being for a whole year. He's not gone yet. He is still regarded as comedy value, although I sometimes feel he's been set up to be bullied (not that he'd care, or probably even notice).

Despite the mad ravings of JCFG, permanent bans are handed out only to followers of other clubs who can't play nicely, and people who post items that could result in legal action, not simply because someone is right wing. Folk campaigning on behalf of, or against a political party using fake news and whataboutery are tedious, and maybe this will now result in bans. If so I am quite confident this will happen regardless of whether the idiot is a mad lefty or a mad righty. Several of the mods are conservative. The relentless accusation that NSC mods are left wing biased is yet another tedious bit of old bollocks we can probably tolerate, but it is self defeating, and seems to fuel the paranoia of the likes of JCFG.

Anyway, it would be lovely if we can try to be nicer. I have been trying. Not sure if I've succeeded, but there you go.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Does anyone know, in the past when Posters have been permanently banned, has it included all their various duplicate accounts that the mods were aware of ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Does anyone know, in the past when Posters have been permanently banned, has it included all their various duplicate accounts that the mods were aware of ?

Several posters are googling VPN right now

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True, but as members of NSC I would hope we all expect to be treated in a vaguely similar way or else you are happy for discrimination to occur ... until it affects you?

If someone writing something for a reaction (I'm being charitable there) thinks:-

'It's ok I'm so clever I'm being ambiguous enough I can wriggle out of it if anyone complains'

Now has to think:-

'zero tolerance, I'll keep that to myself'

Then happy days.

I have no idea why you would think politics comes into it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
True, but as members of NSC I would hope we all expect to be treated in a vaguely similar way or else you are happy for discrimination to occur ... until it affects you?

Just read that sticky, understand it and abide by it and you'll be fine. As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] says 99% of people manage this already.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Have I missed something when I popped out to the shops?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here