Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Iron Fist of Bozza

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What if he entrusts someone who might just be trigger happy because of a political difference???

I picked a bad employee once...I hold my hands up they cost me a penny or two, it was bad judgement on my part.

The wrong moderator, trolling or bullying could be costly surely???

Which bit of this did you not understand?

Possibly by giving the benefit of the doubt more often than we should,

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What if he entrusts someone who might just be trigger happy because of a political difference???

I picked a bad employee once...I hold my hands up they cost me a penny or two, it was bad judgement on my part.

I guess that's why the vetting process is so 'rigorous' :thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can’t believe this thread is still rumbling on. Actually on reflection I can; it’s NSC.

As someone that’s been taking part in discussions on the internet since the early 90s I can wholly appreciate Bozza’s stance.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It reminds me of the old Warren Buffett saying playing poker, if you don’t know who the sucker is it’s you.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That’s a risk but it’s his. I’ve been a mod for more than 20 years, most others have plenty of experience too. We make permanent banning decisions by consensus, similar to the way the cabinet makes decisions.

Now you've got me worried, did you mean a cabinet per chance ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nowadays you get thrown off NSC just for saying you're English.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
At the end of the day, NSC is a business that needs to run in an orderly fashion.
I'm guessing Bozza has money invested in NSC,along with others I suspect.
If you come on here and act like ****, you will get banned (sacked).
No arguments here :)

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That’s a risk but it’s his. I’ve been a mod for more than 20 years, most others have plenty of experience too. We make permanent banning decisions by consensus, similar to the way the cabinet makes decisions.

What THIS cabinet ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

This has been largely answered by other before me, but there's another connected-ish point which hasn't...

Most of the mods, including me, enjoy using NSC in the same way as everyone else. In fact I think it's the case that everyone that I invited to help moderate NSC, should they wish to do so, was asked because I could see from their usage that they get NSC. They had long history on the site, engaging in all manner of discussions and never taking themselves too seriously. NSC is lucky that beyond the current moderators, I know there are a lot of long-time NSCers who would be similarly capable of acting as a custodian, helping keep things on the straight and narrow.

I digress slightly...

The thing about using NSC in the same way most others do, posting thoughts and engaging in a wide range of discussions, is that occasionally this leads to getting into little spats with other NSCers and, depending on the personalities involved, these can rumble on. And sometimes on and on and on...

Fortunately, each of the current moderating team has sufficient self-awareness to stand aside from a moderating decision if they know they could be biased because of their history with the NSCer involved, and this happens from time to time. It would be easy to take these opportunities to settle a grudge and really stick the boot in, but I can't recall that ever happening.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nowadays you get thrown off NSC just for saying you're English.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

I’ll say this….. NSC was better before the foreigners arrived.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
At the end of the day, NSC is a business that needs to run in an orderly fashion.

None of the mods have any financial investment in NSC, nor do we receive any financial reward and have never requested any.

Your suspicions are unmerited.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It has to be run to survive, but it isn't a business, as in run for profit. Bozza also looks after the Mailing List. Occasional injections of money from wellwishers is occasionally required. Bozza is a proper active long term Brighton supporter, who has put in many a shift over decades. That's what he's here for and what NSC is here for. The community that is BHA.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
NSC is lucky that beyond the current moderators, I know there are a lot of long-time NSCers who would be similarly capable of acting as a custodian

FFS. I think I’ve just had the dreaded ‘Chairman’s Vote of Confidence.’

:down:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
None of the mods have any financial investment in NSC, nor do we receive any financial reward and have never requested any.

Your suspicions are unmerited.

For the record, I never suggested any MOD had any financial investment, apart from Bozza.
It was just a stab in the dark, as I had previously stated NSC is a business ???

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It has to be run to survive, but it isn't a business, as in run for profit. Bozza also looks after the Mailing List. Occasional injections of money from wellwishers is occasionally required. Bozza is a proper active long term Brighton supporter, who has put in many a shift over decades. That's what he's here for and what NSC is here for. The community that is BHA.

Cheers Mike, an honest answer to my honest alleged suspicions. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here