Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The iPRO stadium

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
May be are totally spoilt by having The Amex but really, yesterday was like watching a game of football in a stadium with facilities from the dark ages. Camped into plastic seats in a dingy corner, the most unpleasant dull colour scheme I've ever seen in a football stadium ( no wonder the good people of Derby look so miserable), Toilet facilities one would expect to find in down town Baghdad, narrow stairways, terrible food and a cramped club shop. I dread to think how the iPRO would cope in an emergency!!!. I did have the pleasure in travelling up and back with Seagulls travel. Charming well behaved Sussex Folk. Well done to all who travelled back to the Dark ages to watch our heroic team extend it's unbeaten record

In the nicest possible way: you need to get out more matey.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
May be are totally spoilt by having The Amex but really, yesterday was like watching a game of football in a stadium with facilities from the dark ages. Camped into plastic seats in a dingy corner, the most unpleasant dull colour scheme I've ever seen in a football stadium ( no wonder the good people of Derby look so miserable), Toilet facilities one would expect to find in down town Baghdad, narrow stairways, terrible food and a cramped club shop. I dread to think how the iPRO would cope in an emergency!!!. I did have the pleasure in travelling up and back with Seagulls travel. Charming well behaved Sussex Folk. Well done to all who travelled back to the Dark ages to watch our heroic team extend it's unbeaten record

Toilet facilities you say, those crazy jocks.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Excellent ground inside, great view, good atmosphere.
Like the Mad Stad, the stands are fairly steep in design and concourses too small for the volume of people. The extra 15 years that the Amex has on these two grounds has seen far more thought given to fan comfort and ease of movement. Not the fault of Derby and Reading, just a fact that in the late 90's it was still all about the ground and the stands.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Decent view (steeply banked), audible pa, big screen, enough legroom (although irrelevant on an awayday anyway), decent pie, parking close by, easy access to motorway, I like it. Over £4 for a bottle of lager was taking the piss even by out standards though

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
2 things I would take on board from them however.

I think the louder, home based music would be more useful than the middle of the road keep everyone happy half-volume sounds we send out across the PA and no mention of away fan nos.

TURN IT UP.

Er, no. Please no. It's dangerously, painfully loud already in the west upper. Louder than a metal gig.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Another yes from me - cracking ground as far as the stadiums that were built in that period such as Leicester, Southampton, Middlesbrough etc go

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Decent view (steeply banked), audible pa, big screen, enough legroom (although irrelevant on an awayday anyway), decent pie, parking close by, easy access to motorway, I like it. Over £4 for a bottle of lager was taking the piss even by out standards though

I really wouldn't put the words lager and piss in the same sentence. That's unless they were almost the one and same thing.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have only been there the once and that was when we were at Withdean. Remember being envious at the time as I was of every new stadium that was built in that era.

However, now wouldn't swap any of them for the Amex, except as mentioned steep, deeper stands behind our goals. Sitting in WSU this doesn't affect me though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I really wouldn't put the words lager and piss in the same sentence. That's unless they were almost the one and same thing.

Unfortunately my lack of a cardigan and corduroys prevented me from trying one of their, I'm sure, quite wonderful Midlands craft beers, but my dad likes real ale so it's only a matter of time I guess

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not sure if you have seen Ashton Gate lately but it's been almost rebuilt, looking pretty good now.
Definitely better than QPR and Brentford.

I will look forward to it in the new year. My abiding memories are broken seats, obstructed views........... And that bloody drum!!! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here