Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The International Break

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The next one is 20-28 March, so the whole English footballing world has to drop everything so that Gareth Southgate can pull his usual tedious stunt of ignoring players at smaller but successful clubs.

Or do you think he's woken up yet? Surely he's learnt his lesson as Dunk continues to play superbly while shite like Keane and Coady continue to embarrass themselves. But while it's probably too late for one of the Albion's best ever defenders, perhaps it isn't for Solly March. If ever there was a call up that needed to happen soon, it is Solly in an England shirt, what with him being instrumental in our push for 4th spot.

However, will the clueless Palace clown give him a chance? Or will he continue to pick rubbish flash-in-the-pan types like Coady, Mings and Eric Dier?

I'm hoping March gets a chance just to make that week a bit more bearable.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Ferguson (following in the footsteps of Grealish and Rice) more likely to get a look in than Dunk and Solly.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I very much hope that the man in the M&S waistcoat continues to overlook our English qualified players because, selfishly, the England games are on March 23 and 26. We (The Albion) then have seven Prem games (or hopefully six and an FA Cup semi) in April , so we need a full, uninjured and rested squad for the business end of the season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Personally more curious about whether Flick will overlook the best German midfielder again or if he finally gets a deserved call-up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I very much hope that the man in the M&S waistcoat continues to overlook our English qualified players because, selfishly, the England games are on March 23 and 26. We (The Albion) then have seven Prem games (and hopefully an FA Cup semi) in April , so we need a full, uninjured and rested squad for the business end of the season.

Most of our players are international standard, and frankly it sticks in the craw that it's the English contingent in our squad that have to accept their international ambitions have to be ignored thanks to the cretin in charge. It can't do much for morale IMO.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally more curious about whether Flick will overlook the best German midfielder again or if he finally gets a deserved call-up.
Although I always think it is excusable if players are playing outside the country they represent. Southgate has no excuses for not knowing exactly which players he has at his disposal. March should've been on his radar months ago.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Southgate has only been to the Amex once, which says it all about the prick

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
This antipathy towards the man who is clearly the most successful England manager for many years is just getting pathetic now. We can all argue about particular picks but he hasn't done badly with those he has chosen. And frankly to ascribe the lack of Brighton players picked to his history with Palace is laughable.

I would like to see March picked in the squad but how many of us would pick him to actually play ahead of Saka?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This antipathy towards the man who is clearly the most successful England manager for many years is just getting pathetic now. We can all argue about particular picks but he hasn't done badly with those he has chosen. And frankly to ascribe the lack of Brighton players picked to his history with Palace is laughable.

I would like to see March picked in the squad but how many of us would pick him to actually play ahead of Saka?
All of us?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

And if title-chasing Saka picks up an "injury" that precludes him from getting picked ?

He doesn't have to be the best player in the league, but on form he's better than several of the WC squad (Mount, Philips, Rice, Gallagher to name a few).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here