Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Independant

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Actually as much as I dont like Bongo and his mates in Us2 and the woeful dirge they create, when you compare him to other twats who could have done something with their fame and fortune for the good of their fellow man, I have a slight admiration for him.

For example: Phil Collins - had a number 1 with 'Another day in Paradise' kicking up about homelessness and used his acceptance speech at the brits to say 'its dreadful and dont step over them on the strand on your way home'. What did he do? Dedicate some money from the sales? Play a benefit gig for shelter or the big issue? No. He flipped off to Switzerland to live in tax exile!

Another example: Freddie Mercury - quite clearly gay and suffering from AIDS for years. What did he and the rest of his wig wearing mates do? Admit he had AIDS and say 'look Im a multi millionaire and if I can get it, then so can anyone, so Im going to give a couple of quid to the terence higgins trust and spend what time Ive got left to publicise the prevention of AIDS message'. No. Deny that theres anything wrong, refuse to admit that hes gay, and then hold a fund raiser when hes brown bread leading to more sales of overblown guitar solo led crap. Alright it made a few quid, but so much more coulda been acheived if hed have taken the first option.

So yeah, Bingo thinks hes American, God, the only bloke in the world who gives a toss and makes dreadful music, but he could be much worse.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The AIDS is just natures way of balancing the population, as will bird flu be once it mutates and becomes transferable between humans. In this kind of situation the weak will always die first. Once we get on top of the AIDS something else will come along as there are too many people in the world. Nothing wrong with trying to stop it though.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Billy the Fish said:
The AIDS is just natures way of balancing the population, as will bird flu be once it mutates and becomes transferable between humans. In this kind of situation the weak will always die first. Once we get on top of the AIDS something else will come along as there are too many people in the world. Nothing wrong with trying to stop it though.

:nono: The AIDS?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Mr Blobby said:
The usual spouting off against anyone famous who tries to do something good! We love knocking people who are succesful - moan at those that do nothing, mock those that try and do something. Read the paper and you might learn something useful and want to do something about it.

Bono was nominated for a Nobel peace prize for trying to bring David Trimble and John Hume together - so they dont ignore what happens in there homeland

"BELFAST — Mr David Trimble and Mr John Hume will make a joint appeal for a Yes vote in Friday’s referendum at the end of tonight’s rock concert featuring U2 and Ash in Belfast’s Waterfront Hall. On the campaign trail in Derry yesterday, Mr Trimble confirmed that he would be appearing at the concert. "I’m delighted that groups of such eminence as U2 and Ash are coming specially to Belfast to have a concert in support of the Yes campaign, and John Hume and myself are very much looking forward to being there." Northern Ireland’s largest public service union, Unison, which has 30,000 members, opened its campaign for a Yes vote yesterday."

"Two leaders from both sides of the political divide in Northern Ireland have appeared on stage together at a concert headlined by the band U2 to show unity ahead of the referendum.
Ulster Unionist (UUP) leader, David Trimble, and his counterpart in the nationalist Social Democratic and Labour Party, John Hume, appeared together for the first time during the campaign.

U2 and the band Ash provided the entertainment and appeared on stage alongside the politicians.

All of them backed a Yes vote in the referendum on the Good Friday agreement. "

Bono still lives in Dublin (yes in a big house - what a bad person that makes him!)

:clap:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Pavilionaire said:
Is this the same Bono who later this month will be wined and dined at the very best of the best hotels in Monte Carlo for the Monaco Grand Prix?

It may well be....but what difference does that make??

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think theres a difference in what we're all saying though.... I say good on em for doing something for an obvious problem in the world, but what I'd like to see is them choosing something closer to home...

and tall poppy syndrome as Mr Blobby has pointed out is alive and well in this country as well as many others....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here