[Football] The **** in west lower by north

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just plain weird..quite surprised at you

Just don't see the point of it. It's like the people who get cut up in traffic and wait till they get home and then write a massive Facebook rant "to the ****er who cut me up at 7 Dials" or something. No one knows who they are, they won't read it and it's very unlikely that a passing traffic copper will read the post and go "you know what, I'll have a quick look at the CCTV and do him retrospectively for dangerous driving".

Football's back. A glorious summer's evening, scoring twice and beating a side from La Liga who are in the Champions League, new manager, postive football and, because of the limited crowd size, no travel or catering problems. And, with the inevitabilty of the setting sun, someone's come on here and written a post slagging off our own fans when the culprit will neither read it nor be identified.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just don't see the point of it. It's like the people who get cut up in traffic and wait till they get home and then write a massive Facebook rant "to the ****er who cut me up at 7 Dials" or something. No one knows who they are, they won't read it and it's very unlikely that a passing traffic copper will read the post and go "you know what, I'll have a quick look at the CCTV and do him retrospectively for dangerous driving".

Football's back. A glorious summer's evening, scoring twice and beating a side from La Liga who are in the Champions League, new manager, postive football and, because of the limited crowd size, no travel or catering problems. And, with the inevitabilty of the setting sun, someone's come on here and written a post slagging off our own fans when the culprit will neither read it nor be identified.

So is there any incident that happens off the pitch but at the amex, that is worthy of a thread then? You've pretty much relegated anything that comments on the crowd to irrelevance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So is there any incident that happens off the pitch but at the amex, that is worthy of a thread then? You've pretty much relegated anything that comments on the crowd to irrelevance.

I think threads about the atmosphere in general are always valid and interesting, same could be said about new banners or songs or whatever. Everyone reading will understand and have an opinion. And if there was a massive, obvious fight or a pitch invasion I'm sure the thread would stay at the top of page 1 for a few days. But passive/aggressive posts directed at someone who won't read it and has very little come back are a total waste of time, yes.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Do something about it at the time

Or

Do nothing and type about it later on the internet

You made the wrong choice.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
, someone's come on here and written a post slagging off our own fans when the culprit will neither read it nor be identified.

Our own fans?

I'm not sure if that's the case, the person being slagged off was getting stroppy with 2 Albion fans singing at an Albion match, I would have a guess maybe this person isn't an Albion fan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think threads about the atmosphere in general are always valid and interesting, same could be said about new banners or songs or whatever. Everyone reading will understand and have an opinion. And if there was a massive, obvious fight or a pitch invasion I'm sure the thread would stay at the top of page 1 for a few days. But passive/aggressive posts directed at someone who won't read it and has very little come back are a total waste of time, yes.

You and I normally see eye to eye, but on this occasion.....perfectly reasonable for OP to note this occurrence. Passing it off as something not worthy of comment helps to normalise it. Imagine if someone pinched a female steward's arse.....should everyone laugh, and vilify anyone starting a thread on for over reacting to Bantz? That would certainly have been the case 15 years ago. But times.....change. All the best.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Thread police as well as a moderator, well done :thumbsup:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Congratulations, you've just won MORON of the year [emoji322]

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Obviously I feel sorry for the lads.

I think I've missed the point of what you posted.
No I don't think you have.

Personally if someone is in trouble, I think someone should try something to help. You don't have to be hard or a hero but anything is better than nothing.

Plus if I was the young lads, I would hope the 100s of people around would have helped.

It was just one mouthy bloke.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Personally if someone is in trouble, I think someone should try something to help. You don't have to be hard or a hero but anything is better than nothing.

Plus if I was the young lads, I would hope the 100s of people around would have helped.

The OP has already explained on this thread why he didn't get involved.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

He said it quietly under his breath with aggressive intent, only I and the couple next to him noticed it, in fact the couple next to him actually said to the kid you're supposed to sit in north if you want to sing!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Thread police as well as a moderator, well done [emoji106]

He can post what he likes so long as it doesn’t break site rules. I’m just here to point out he’s being a bit of a FACEBOOK DORIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
He can post what he likes so long as it doesn’t break site rules. I’m just here to point out he’s being a bit of a FACEBOOK DORIS.

Sexist as well. You really are a piece of work on on this thread.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Well hopefully you will do the same with some of the 20 random threads that appear daily on here.:)

Seriously there is some shite on this " football " forum, and one bloke gets flamed for daring to start a thread about something he saw / heard at a match.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Not totally with you (the post above is where I am at) but a polite reply ..thank you

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here