pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Magnum
Jethro Tull
Nazareth
This Mortal Coil
Fields of the Nephilim

i have to go out for the day,and i have a horrible feeling when i come back there will be another 40 bands to contend with but you nominating along with me This Mortal Coil gives me hope for the human race

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Siouxise and the banshees
Style Council
The Clash
Elvis Costello and the Attractions
The Stranglers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a point of interest how many of these bands still exist and more importantly are still relevant? Any???

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
As a point of interest how many of these bands still exist and more importantly are still relevant? Any???

yep because when you are talking about bands from your childhood questions you raise are important

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
yep because when you are talking about bands from your childhood questions you raise are important

I come from a much earlier generation, the sixties where even now some of the bands are still going, in one form or another. Not saying this is a good thing except for reminiscing about your youth but looking at most of the bands nominated so far I am struggling to see many, if any (U2 maybe?) that are still performing as a band. I confess to not being that au fait with quite a few of them though.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I come from a much earlier generation, the sixties where even now some of the bands are still going, in one form or another. Not saying this is a good thing except for reminiscing about your youth but looking at most of the bands nominated so far I am struggling to see many, if any (U2 maybe?) that are still performing as a band. I confess to not being that au fait with quite a few of them though.

Join in the fun chap.... U2 dont count

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Maybe it's just me, but of the 80s bands who are still playing today I tend to have more respect for those like The Cure who carried on and never stopped, than I do for the many who split up for 20 years, and then recently reconvened to cash in on the nostalgia boom.

Having said that, I just bought tickets for Loop in November, and I will probably enjoy seeing The Specials a week after that...

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Maybe it's just me, but of the 80s bands who are still playing today I tend to have more respect for those like The Cure who carried on and never stopped, than I do for the many who split up for 20 years, and then recently reconvened to cash in on the nostalgia boom.

Having said that, I just bought tickets for Loop in November, and I will probably enjoy seeing The Specials a week after that...
Enjoy you will. Still a top night out slamming away to The Specials.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Depeche Mode
New Order
The Cure
Tears for Fears
OMD
The The

I would have liked to have added the Smiths, but I got into them much later than the 80's.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Smiths
New Order
Def Leppard
Tears For Fears
Queen
Human League.

Honourable mention to The Jam, although they did little in the 80s and the bulk of their best work was in the 70s.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The Cure
Squeeze
The Stone Roses

I would have The Jam and The Specials but always thought as more 70s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here