Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The impact of selling big - Are we going to buck the trend?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Very well researched Stato.

My concern is having too much youth in the team. Whilst we have players like Dunk, Groß, Veltman, Lallana, Welbeck, Webster and March we are ok. But those brilliant senior players will need replacing at some point. If we are always selling players off in their early to mid-20’s, where are the next generation of leaders on the pitch coming from?
Half of those players disprove your argument there. We do sign experienced players when there is a good punt available. So once Welbeck, Lallana and Veltman hang up their boots I'm sure we will scoop up the next cheap/injury plagued bargains and rebuild them in Tony's secret laboratory.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I never said he was blocking them, just not maybe giving them as many chances as he could. I’m glad Van Hecke is in but it’s a shame that Ferguson is dropped now Welbeck is fit again.
Yes he could just play all the kids every week that is true. It could however be argued that he is playing a balanced mix that allows those youngsters that do play to excel due to the experience around them.

As for Ferguson versus Welbeck it could be that he is playing Welbeck now just because he is currently fit enough. Ferguson gets a rest so he is fresh when Welbeck can't play, due to age if nothing else.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here