[NSC] The ignore user function

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've literally never used this - I'm not even sure I can - but a couple of folks including @sheebo seemed to be suggesting that it doesn't work very well in certain cases.

Can those who use ignore please elaborate so I can look to see if there is anything I can do to improve it?

Ta.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It works ok in terms of not being able to see the posts but once someone quotes that post it appears as ‘you can’t see this message as you have user on ignore’ and makes it read a bit weird. Again, without going over old ground, it’s fine if the poster isn’t posting / being quoted loads.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The first image shows the post from someone who was on my ignore list on vbulletin. I just added someone to ignore to show how it looks when they are quoted, and their posts disappeared from the thread entirely, so I don't know if it acts differently depending on if they were imported as ignored, or added since the move.

I've also noticed that you don't see threads started by people in your ignore list (can be annoying if they start a thread for discussing televised matches etc).

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 00.29.32.png

This second image is the quoted ignored member (the first long thin red bar is hiding the unignored poster's response, the second long thin red line is hiding their signature. (Trying to not disrail the thread with someone asking why they've been ignored by me)

Screenshot 2023-01-13 at 00.33.10.png

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The first image shows the post from someone who was on my ignore list on vbulletin. I just added someone to ignore to show how it looks when they are quoted, and their posts disappeared from the thread entirely, so I don't know if it acts differently depending on if they were imported as ignored, or added since the move.

I've also noticed that you don't see threads started by people in your ignore list (can be annoying if they start a thread for discussing televised matches etc).

View attachment 155713

This second image is the quoted ignored member (the first long thin red bar is hiding the unignored poster's response, the second long thin red line is hiding their signature. (Trying to not disrail the thread with someone asking why they've been ignored by me)

View attachment 155712

I quite like @dazzer6666’s posts, you’re missing out!

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Is it possible to just delete the ignored posters content but retain the other posters ? this might keep a cohesive conversation without "the ignored " contribution .

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Is it possible to just delete the ignored posters content but retain the other posters ? this might keep a cohesive conversation without "the ignored " contribution .

A bit like i would like to do with this

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

Oh crap !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
pretty common problem on forums, ignored users still leave a footprint and replys can be seen. dont think can be configured to ignore selectively those replies.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think there was an improvement with the new set up. Not sure what it was (so not a particularly helpful post) but it seems to work well. In an ideal world it would be possible to see someone’s pleasant posts and simply ignore the personal comments but that’s probably asking too much.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I think what Sheebo and others would like is for the ignore function to remove ignored users posts from the conversation completely, and also completely remove posts where non-ignored users quote an ignored user’s post.

They want to only see posts completely unrelated to the user they’re ignoring. Technically it must be possible, but I’m not sure I’ve seen it done.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think what Sheebo and others would like is for the ignore function to remove ignored users posts from the conversation completely, and also completely remove posts where non-ignored users quote an ignored user’s post.

They want to only see posts completely unrelated to the user they’re ignoring. Technically it must be possible, but I’m not sure I’ve seen it done.
Absolutely this, would be brilliant. I don’t have him on ignore or anything, but this in a nutshell is how I feel. And like you, I don’t think it’s actually possible.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yes, there appears to be more important things going on in the world, perhaps the person who chooses to ignore everything, is the main problem?
this

maybe they need to put the pc away and get outside a bit more.

Bit precious isn't it

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’ve never ignored another member either. Do you really need to ignore? Really, is it that bad?
I don’t think putting someone on ignore implies it is ‘that bad.’ I never ignore someone for their views, just their manners. Exactly the same as real life.
This seems to be a spin off from the Swansman thread and he is a very good example of someone who is profoundly different to me but I have never even considered ignoring as discussion is always civil.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports