The "if Poyet leaves, the next Albion manager should be..." thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Karl Robinson is hugely overrated. Has one of L1's largest budgets and has failed to get MK promoted for several seasons now. They were up there with the favourites in August and now they're drifting round mid table with overpaid has beens like Alan Smith squeezing out one last pay day in exchange for very little output. Whinges constantly about referees too- no defeat is ever Robinson's fault, you can be sure of that. Nasty club, irritating manager. No thanks.

Oh yeah, and a massive THIS!! I keep hearing how wonderfully he's done but from what I can tell, he's spent three seasons not taking MK Dons up... Hardly a barnstorming success...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I would be happy with £2.5 million and Di Matteo in as his successor. Adkins would be a decent second choice, but it would be quite horrible seeing his goofy face in charge of our team..

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
IF Gus goes then maybe one of these, they are not in any order of preference.

Solskjaer
Dennis Bergkamp (currently Asst at Ajax)
Rosler
Luis Enrique
Calde
Karl Robinson
Benitez
Hoddle

Certainly not McCleish, Adkins, Warnock or RDM

Last edited:

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Dreaming I'd like Di matteo. I love the way this guy uses attacking midfielders but highly doubt he would come to us. If we were in prem then he might.
What about MK dons manager ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
would need to be Spanish speaker for me who can carry on the same football style as currently employed. Not sure what everyone sees in Robinson at MK. Big budget and failed to get them up and Di canio would not meet Bloom requirements I feel. I wait to be pleasantly surprised

I agree with the first part, but he has had far from a big budget! They have no money whatsoever, the club is surviving on the money from the Sam Baldock deal!

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Di Matteo please. The others can do one. Although Solskjaer or Bergkamp would be ok. Please, not Adkins.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
IF Gus goes then maybe one of these, they are not in any order of preference.

Solskjaer
Dennis Bergkamp (currently Asst at Ajax)
Rosler
Luis Enrique
Calde
Karl Robinson
Benitez
Hoddle

Certainly not McCleish, Adkins, Warnock or RDM

That almost looks a halfway sensible list.

I certainly think the club's radar would extend beyond the usual suspects such as Paolo di canio and dennis Wise - please no to either!

Could Dennis Bergkamp be another Michael Laudrup?

EDIT - But I don't think Gus would go to Reading.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Calde and Charlie Oatway - the dream team (in one of those slightly surreal dreams that don't make much sense).

Hope Powell - Brighton was the first city with a Green MP, so let's be the first club with a female manager.

I'm rambling again ....

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Hoddle for me is the perfect man to continue the Gus "project"

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Think we should be looking to the future not people like Hoddle. I would love Bergkamp or RDM people who will relate to the players we have as well as look to continue an attacking brand of football.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
karl robinson

You cannot be serious! As Edna has stated and i've mentioned many times on here Robinson is given far too much media exposure due to being one of the youngest managers in the football league. He's had shitloads of assistance from a number of older, big names in the game and has continuously failed to get MK Dons promoted to the Championship. Strikes me as a guy who's a bit too full of himself considering his glaring lack of success. Bloom wouldn't go within a million miles of him, i'm certain of that.

rinswun

Sep 28, 2010
I don't think Gus is going to Reading but he will eventually go somewhere.

For a replacement, Rosler would do a great job. He's got Brentford playing attractive, passing football with a core of youngster picked up from Premier League clubs (5th youngest squad in the football league) and has guided them to the automatic promotion places despite not having a top six budget. They were also excellent against Chelsea in the cup. If it came to it, compensation might be a problem as I have it on very reliable authority that Benham and Bloom are not the best of friends.

Suggestions of Robinson and De Canio are laughable. Robinson is one of the most overrated managers in the football league for all the reasons already outlined, and Di Canio only achieved such success with Swindon as he had double the budget of any other club in league two and when told he needed to sell or the club would go into administration he threw his toys out the pram. Give him a top six budget and he'd have had no where near the success he had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports