Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Huddersfield Post Mortem

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
They implied on the radio this morning he will be fit along with Stephens.

Brilliant news if that is the case and we have really missed them. Onwards and upwards (or remaining at the top will do me). Just a bad day at the "office".

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
A note from the stands,

I don't know if anybody else noticed that Hughton seemed to stand clapping the fans for a conspicuously long time...longer than the usual clap, double thumbs up and wave, but stood there for a good 15-20 seconds infront of the away end.

A couple of players, maybe Murray and Bruno did similar. I might be reading too much into this but to me it showed the character of the man to not hide away after a defeat like that.

I did. He did come closer and stay longer than usual.

Sneaking suspicion this was saying to some of the players "this lot paid good money to come and see BHA halfway across the country and you let them down. They deserve a clap, you lot deserve a thick ear." Love the man, even if his tactics can be a bit limited sometimes. Hope he learns as much from this match as the players.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Glenn Murray tweet earlier

"Last night wasn't anywhere near good enough we know that and we will be working hard to put it right Sunday. See you there #BHAFC"

I have a feeling CH, in his own way, made his feelings very much known last night. I doubt he really needed to say THAT much tbf.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Don't wear the red kit!! It was a shame Huddersfield's home kit is so similar to ours....no we can't use that as an excuse?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The only other game this season that Norwood and Kayal have started together was Brentford, in fact they've had very few minutes outside of that. To play a 442 in this division, particularly away from home you would expect your CM pairing to have a degree of understanding. For all the talk of not switching formations, my biggest surprise was CH going with this midfield combination which let's be honest, was all at sea in the first half.

I've travelled to Reading, Newcastle, Sheffield, Preston and Huddersfield and every time panic has set in when I didn't see Stephens on the team sheet, and usually with good reason. However, there was additional panic for me on Thursday when I saw that Sidwell wasn't playing either.

Beram has had a good chunk of 3-4 games now and it is worrying me that he seems quite far short of the man we knew last season. I've been desperate to reunite the Kayal-Stephens pairing and was excited in the recent Cardiff game, but it's clear he is going to need a while longer to get up to speed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here