Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Hot Weather

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My birthday whilst working in Muscat, 1990.

51°.

Allegedly the good old Sultan had decreed that if it reached 50° then 'outside' workers could have a break. Odd that the official readings always said 49.

Hot weather is sh1te, roll on thermal glove nights at The Amex.

Very similar - was in Dubai a few years ago during officially 49 degrees. All evidence pointed to it being 52 degrees but construction work has to stop at 50.........

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Arizona is one hot place

the thunderstorms or lightening strikes are amazing

Monsoon season is late this year, haven't had a decent storm yet. We actually had the third coolest May in the last 30 years this year. And no sign of a "haboob" yet....

Haboob.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It hit 50 at the cricket, Tim was possibly fielding whilst Joe Root had a slash. He's a proven sporting hero don't you know.

47.3 highest ever Sydney

As for temps . . .personally I don't think I've been anywhere over 40 . . . Although 38 ambient, in a triple layer romper suit, inside a closed vintage car, racing and generating more heat for an hour and a half is quite warm . . . . As was the top floor of a power station in Slough. 56 degrees centigrade, only had to stay there for 5 minutes, more than long enough!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My wife and I will end up living in Taiwan eventually. Love it there although the Humidity is something else.

I preferred it there to Australia in many ways. Amazing cheap food, lovely people, always something interesting happening, cabs cheap as chips and I had some really good ex pat mates and a few lovely Taiwanese ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hottest day I've experienced in 17 years out in Arizona is 119F (which is 48.3C).

When in Arizona (nearly 30 years ago) the top of many door frames had 'misters' :shrug: spraying out water.
The floor directly beneath them was always bone dry.

I take it you still have such things.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Recently, 38 in Lyon, but low 40's in Athens in 2004.

I would be very sceptical about what a car says though as the thermometer reader is under the bonnet so give an inaccurate reading when in the sun.

40 something in Athens and in Nicosia, both times in August.

When in Arizona (nearly 30 years ago) the top of many door frames had 'misters' :shrug: spraying out water.
The floor directly beneath them was always bone dry.

I take it you still have such things.

yeah i went to phoenix a couple of years ago and they had the misters in the outdoor shopping malls as well as mini water spouts. was out at lunchtime and couldnt resist the chance to go in the fountain to cool off. clothes were wet but by the time i went into the shops like 2 minutes later they were bone dry - colleague said he could see my clothes literally steaming!

oh and i was there for a week and even at night the temp never dipped below 33.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i can assure you , i have been to Zim many times and if 39 degrees is a record temp. then i am a baboon.... , i can remember driving up a winding road to a refreshment/souvenir spot on that particular day and the temp gague on our car read 51.8......on exiting the car it was literally like a furnace , hotter than anything i have experienced in Perth , Singapore or anywhere else .....also on the Zambezi at a spot called Chirundu have had days that have far exceeded the temps quoted in that article. 52 may be a bit ott seeing as it was a car temp gague but it was a beamer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here