The HORRIFIC underevaluation of our players.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is seriously hacking me off! We are not a "tin pot club" at a crappy athletics track, nor are we a "big club" in comparison to some in this division. Either way, the stupidity of some people on here claiming that Craig Noone can go for 500-750k and that Lewis Dunk is worth 1.5 million just beggars belief!

We have a winger who quite literally PULVERISED Liverpool and people are exclaiming "yes, no end product, sell him to our Championship rivals for nearly 15x less Arsenal paid for Oxcube-Chambercleaner" and "Dunk, u21 international, flog him to Everton for the same price as Adam Virgo".

Luckily, at this stage, they are rumours. However I have the horrible feeling this transfer window that, fueled by things I have heard off NSC, we are actually going to sell the aforementioned players for this price.

Im sorry, but if we do I might as well give up now. Being ripped off for Bennett was bad enough, but to sell Noone for half the price would be mental. Who on earth could replace him for that price? If these deals DO go through and as yet they are nothing more than specualtion (thankfully). Our "we are not a selling club anymore" attitude can sail away.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Is seriously hacking me off! We are not a "tin pot club" at a crappy athletics track, nor are we a "big club" in comparison to some in this division. Either way, the stupidity of some people on here claiming that Craig Noone can go for 500-750k and that Lewis Dunk is worth 1.5 million just beggars belief!

We have a winger who quite literally PULVERISED Liverpool and people are exclaiming "yes, no end product, sell him to our Championship rivals for nearly 15x less Arsenal paid for Oxcube-Chambercleaner" and "Dunk, u21 international, flog him to Everton for the same price as Adam Virgo".

Luckily, at this stage, they are rumours. However I have the horrible feeling this transfer window that, fueled by things I have heard off NSC, we are actually going to sell the aforementioned players for this price.

Im sorry, but if we do I might as well give up now. Being ripped off for Bennett was bad enough, but to sell Noone for half the price would be mental. Who on earth could replace him for that price? If these deals DO go through and as yet they are nothing more than specualtion (thankfully). Our "we are not a selling club anymore" attitude can sail away.

Good post. In the past we had to sell players because we had the aforementioned running track. It does beggar belief that Noone who is loved at this club would want to leave and even more so that people are saying that we should hold out for 700k, we brought Buckley for a million noone easily worth in between 1-2 million maybe a tad more.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Yep i totally agree we are so fu*king stupid when it comes to valuing players,crofts for 250k was also a shocking price.Noone is 1 million+ end of and we need to get a grip,i feel also that noone is on a shite wage compared to others in which does not help our cause.Noone is one of our best players yet CMS 10k+and vicente about the same are probably earning 4 times what noone earns.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I posted this yesterday but it justifies repeating, I completely agree with you MurrayMints

I don't agree, Bennett would be valued at £3-4 million if he was playing for us now, Brighton need to learn how to play hardball in the same way that Peterborough and Southampton do. We will always have to sell players but it must be on our terms as we are for the first time ever in a position of strength. I wish we had someone like barry fry responsible for transfers.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The fact we don't have to sell means we should be getting top whack if we do sell any players like Southampton seem too.Just tell em a price or f*** off.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The fact we don't have to sell means we should be getting top whack if we do sell any players like Southampton seem too.Just tell em a price or f*** off.

Have you thought of applying for the Head of Football operations job?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I also said similar on the DUNK thread yesterday. We should not start being ridiculous and think some players are worth huge amounts but we need to be able to say, No we aint selling.

Noone is a difficult one. Realistically he is probably worth 700k - 1M. But bloody hell that does not mean we HAVE to sell him. I would not want him to leave for that. On the other hand if someone wants him bad enough and wants to offer 1.5 plus then I would say that is good business.

Dunk is a different story and should not go for less than 2M in my opinion. If anyone can locate a CB with that amount of potential in U21s for less than that, I am all ears.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Noone & Dunk and in fact any of our player that have not already proved themselves at a higher level are never going to get the money we value them at if a big club comes in for them. There are better overseas players with experience you can sign for the same money or on a free for that as do most premiership clubs these days.

I'm not saying let them go just that you are overvaluing them a bit at this stage.

I assume you are referring to undervaluation not underevaluation as the latter would refer to a low assesment of our players ability?

I think the term I have used is better to intertwine what I mean, which relates to the underevaluation of the players ability in comparison to the price.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Todays market value:

I would say:

Noone - £1m - £1.25M with Add ons
Dunk - £750K + add ons BUT, if he stays with us and develops which I hope he does, can be a £2m + Player.

Edit: Should have said that I want them BOTH to stay and play for the Albion.

I think both Noone and Dunk are overrated NOT overpriced. There. I've said it.

I have also said that a few times this season mainly about Dunk. However, overated or not the valuation of 500k and 1.5 million does not reflect potential and ability in this current market. And to pick up on another point made by a previous poster, I am not saying we should hold out for a ridiculous price. Realistically we should be looking to get 2.5 - 3 million for Dunk and 1.5 - 2 million for Noone. These are players in one of the most competitive, quality divisions in world football.

I am alos posting this thread with a complete and utter disgust at the derisory offer of 400k for Noone from Cardiff. How dare they offer 400k! When players like Rhodes (albeit it a striker) are being priced at 5 million in League One. You might just be able to pick up a journeyman, lower league player for that some but bfor christ sake. What an awfull offer!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dick Tight seemed to be much better at getting getting clubs to pay more for our players :moo:

We have three players that I believe can step up the the Premiership. Bridcutt, Dunk and Noone, possibly CMS as well. To sell any of those players, yet alone two of them would be utter madness.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Noone & Dunk and in fact any of our player that have not already proved themselves at a higher level are never going to get the money we value them at if a big club comes in for them. There are better overseas players with experience you can sign for the same money or on a free for that as do most premiership clubs these days.

I'm not saying let them go just that you are overvaluing them a bit at this stage.

So why did Arsenal pay Southampton £12m for Oxlade Chamberlain who had only played a total of just 36 games in a single division one season when he was sold? Hardly proven at a higher level is it?

Dunks playing well in the Championship, young and highly sort after (especially with the new rules regarding home ground players in a team / squad) been called up for England under 21's and looks to have a very bright future.

I would say a minimum of £5m before we even start to think about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports