Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Hobbit?

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Does anybody know if it is true that there is going to be a new lord of the rings prequel coming out next year? If this is true it is great news as the last three films, and the lotr books were immense, not mentioning the Hobbit book which i loved as a younger lad, i wonder how closely it will follow the plot of the book. :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I vaguely recall some kind of dispute between Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema which held this project up, but I think it was finally resolved. No idea when its due to surface though.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
In the pipeline still, I think there was talk of filming starting next year with Jackson again at the helm.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yep tis true...

It's going to be in two parts, with the Hobbit narrative making up the majority of the film(s), and more detail on the adventures of Gandalf vs. the Necromancer (Sauron?), as alluded to in the Hobbit book itself, but never expanded upon.

It's also most likely to include some elements of Middle Earth back history i.e. the Silmarillion, but only as an intro I suspect.

Again the screen writer team of Healy and Jackson will produce, but Del Torro will direct.

2012 for the first instalment... Sir Ian Mck will take the Gandalf part (as far as I'm aware), but there are no other parts currently cast.

Kosh

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
will it carry an Elf warning ?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Truly orcful.

It will however carry the strapline(s)...

"Old Hobbits die hard..."

"Miss it or Elf..."

"No we aint Tolkien nonsense..."

"And... This time we Ent messing around..."

Kosh

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Looks like Peter Jackson will be Baggin(s) the dosh again then. :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here