Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The highs and lows being an Albion fan...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
cheers Neecha,

My lowest point as an Albion fan. Breaking down on the M25 in a Brighton
and Hove Double-decker bus on the way back from Gillingham after being
beaten by Halifax ******* Town or someone.

OMG that's has to be up there !! Nightmare. Me and a mate went away to Bolton in the FA cup and were in the supermarket away end stuck right next to a loon pissed out his head I remember him starting a fight with another one of our fans because one took offence to him slating Raphael Meade, I managed to get punched in the face being stuck next to the fisty cuffs !

Lets get this straight... you are suggesting that somebody shit#ing on the floor in the away dressing room which has made national news and the whole management team being suspended and us losing to PALACE in the play offs to go to the premier league isn't considered a low in the clubs history ??

It doesn't sound as though you have had many trials and tribulations in your life - or even your Albion supporting life - if you consider such issues to be a low. Is one moron crapping on a shower floor in a dressing room really a significant event in the clubs history ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The high was winning at Newcastle to win promotion to the then First Division the low has to be the own goal by Kerry Mayo away at Hereford with another high to follow by Robbie Reinault. The last 2 weeks dont even get on the low scales.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My low was watching the North stand being demolished at the Goldstone. Closest I have ever come to crying as an adult. A lump came flying over the fence so I picked it up and it's still in my rockery.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
It doesn't sound as though you have had many trials and tribulations in your life - or even your Albion supporting life - if you consider such issues to be a low. Is one moron crapping on a shower floor in a dressing room really a significant event in the clubs history ?

Well without taking this post to seriously which was not my intention its not exactly as harsh as the Belotti sale saga and relegations etc BUT the club has always held its head high and gone about its business in a certain way and like I mentioned before I am not ungrateful but this is not like us and therefore whatever scale you want to put it on is def a significant low in the clubs history in my opinion but what the fk do I know? ps who is the NHS chap on your profile pic?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
23,000 season tickets sold
Just finished 4th our highest position for many many many years
Various players now full internationals
a new ground thats OURS and fantastic
A new training ground under development
Most of our good players still under contract
A set up that attracts good players (unlike Withdean and Gillingham)

Because our manager (yes a good one) has thrown a strop and the board dont like it is hardly the end of the world, our club has a future and one moving in the right direction, not worry about will we even have a club, where will we be playing etc etc

Feeling low as mentioned above was losing the Goldstone, being in a game that if we lost we dropped out the league, watching us in front of crowds of only just over 1,000 at Gillingham and losing game after game after game! The fans were driven to desperation in the dark days to get the York game abandoned etc, Lincoln pitch invasion all to save our club. I will not be running on the pitch or breaking crossbars if Poyet moves on.
100% this.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Lets get this straight... you are suggesting that somebody shit#ing on the floor in the away dressing room which has made national news and the whole management team being suspended and us losing to PALACE in the play offs to go to the premier league isn't considered a low in the clubs history ??

No I think alot of it is sensationalist journalism.

It's not nice what's happened with Poogate...but it's hardly a showstopping piece of news...I'm frankly bored of it.

As for losing to Palace...Well, we lost to Palace two weeks ago and I daresay we will lose to Palace again in the future. Sh1t happens in football.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There have been many, many worse lows than the current situation.

Whatever happens over the coming weeks this point in the Albion history is still higher than any time at Withdean. We know we have a club with a secure future. Everything else is temporary.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I hated losing to Palace, but frankly I'm over it.

I've followed this club through so many dark days that what's happening now is mere panto. I'll even admit to enjoying it, a tiny bit.

All kinds of twists and turns lay ahead of us in the close season. Some of them could be bad, some of them good. It's never boring being a Brighton fan.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Low? How is our best finish for 30 years a low? I don't even care about losing the play-offs. They shouldn't exist anyway, we had already played 46 matches each to determine who were the best 3 teams.
My high was knowing that we will be playing REAL football clubs next season with REAL fans. I don't care about the plastics in the Premiership and I don't want to pay more money for my season ticket despite seeing fewer matches.
Brilliant season. I can't wait for the next one.
Oh. And did I mention finishing higher than Palarse?

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Low darlington 3-2 home defeat December 1996.... points adrift, no ground etc.There have been others, but like all fans we bounce back. Plenty of highs following the Albion over nearly 50 years.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Low? How is our best finish for 30 years a low? I don't even care about losing the play-offs. They shouldn't exist anyway, we had already played 46 matches each to determine who were the best 3 teams.
My high was knowing that we will be playing REAL football clubs next season with REAL fans. I don't care about the plastics in the Premiership and I don't want to pay more money for my season ticket despite seeing fewer matches.
Brilliant season. I can't wait for the next one.
Oh. And did I mention finishing higher than Palarse?

Its been a great season on the field absolutely no doubt the stats don't lie!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Cattlin was right to put all this into perspective. We still have our club and the infrastructure to be great. Who knows what next year will bring? But I still believe that we will achieve our Premiership potential pretty soon.

My High? The F A Cup final
My low? Watching us lose 0 -4 to Walton & Hersham in early seventies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here