Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Haunt

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No draft beer and £3.80 for a can of warm Orangeboom. They can do one. No wonder they rigorously check bags as you go in.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sadly not too common drinks prices around Brighton clubs nowadays , I quite liked it (went to see Art Brut there last week) very compact mind.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Yeah, they need to sort that out. Although the cans were cold on Satdi, and the bag searches aren't that rigorous - if I'd had time I would have smuggled a bottle in. It is a good venue and the sound system's good and the bouncers are quite nice, but they need to do a drinks promo or two. I know a few people who don't go because of the prices.

The bloke on the merch stall gave me two free beers for wearing a Tribe Called Quest t-shirt on Satdi :)

8ft_legs

Mar 2, 2009
Tun Wells
Paying for two people in there on Saturday hurt the wallet somewhat added to that the £14 entry made for an expensive night, wouldnt want to go there regularly. On the plus side UD were bloody good!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Going out to a club on a Saturday is always going to be expensive. They don't really do drink deals.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going out to a club on a Saturday is always going to be expensive. They don't really do drink deals.

I disagree.

Also, there is a huge difference between expensive and feeling cheated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sadly not too common drinks prices around Brighton clubs nowadays , I quite liked it (went to see Art Brut there last week) very compact mind.

It's a good venue with a very clear and crisp soundsystem....but ripping you off for drinks does leave a sour taste in the mouth. I don't mind paying out, but really object to feeling conned. And that is what I feel in that place.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have been to the Haunt a few times but only to watch live stuff. Mainly as part of last year's Great Escape. I remember having one can of beer and that was it- too expensive. As a venue its not too bad and at least the bands play at what is a 'natural end' to the main floor place. Unlike what is probably the worst venue in town. Audio. Here bands play the length of the main area and the stage has little height. There are some pillars in the way too. Beer is £4 a pint and I only visit if its a band I really really want to see and even then end up disappointed. Toilets always a mess. Most underused venue is The Old Market in Hove. It is a crime that this is not regularly used for live music. A great bar too.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Well thats a huge shame then.
Saw Interpol play there once and it was fantastic

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Have been to the Haunt a few times but only to watch live stuff. Mainly as part of last year's Great Escape. I remember having one can of beer and that was it- too expensive. As a venue its not too bad and at least the bands play at what is a 'natural end' to the main floor place. Unlike what is probably the worst venue in town. Audio. Here bands play the length of the main area and the stage has little height. There are some pillars in the way too. Beer is £4 a pint and I only visit if its a band I really really want to see and even then end up disappointed. Toilets always a mess. Most underused venue is The Old Market in Hove. It is a crime that this is not regularly used for live music. A great bar too.

You can't say that the bar at The Old Market isn't a rip-off - it charges almost a fiver for Peroni, which is the only lager they've got on. It's back, though. Guillemots and one or two others are playing there later this month. Still good for book stuff as well.

Audio is ace - I would say that, because I think almost all the major venues in Brighton are great, but it shouldn't really be used for live bands. The sound is poor and the stage, as you say, is set up for decks and MCs. The toilets are summat else but at least they're keeping the spirit of the old Concorde turdholes alive.

Have to say cans of Krony for £2.50 is not a masterstroke. I got dragged out of bed to go to Holdup on Satdi and no-one I was with went for the offer, it was tap pints and shots all the way. But at least they have a selection of beers in there and the night itself is obviously excellent Mr Moonraker.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

What were they like?

Really wanted to see them as I love the song 'Lost Weekend'. Just ran out of money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here