Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Gus is staying so lets get back to laughing at palace" Thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
More than confident we will make the playoffs and we still have a chance of top 2.

Good luck at Forest, think you might need it...:cool:

Why?

1st Cardiff - Beaten
2nd Hull - Beaten
3rd Watford - Beaten
4th Palace - Beaten

I think we'll be alright against fifth, cheers for the concern though. We struggle more against the lowly Northern sides who stop us playing our glorious football.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Why?

1st Cardiff - Beaten
2nd Hull - Beaten
3rd Watford - Beaten
4th Palace - Beaten

I think we'll be alright against fifth, cheers for the concern though. We struggle more against the lowly Northern sides who stop us playing our glorious football.

You're (like us) pretty poor away and Forest are on fire. I know you beat Cardiff but your keeper was MOM, says it all. If you like slow tempo build up play and passing it between your back 4 for half the match then yes, I suppose you could describe it as glorious, I personally wouldn't. I would bet Palace fans have had better entertainment for there season ticket money this year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're (like us) pretty poor away and Forest are on fire. I know you beat Cardiff but your keeper was MOM, says it all. If you like slow tempo build up play and passing it between your back 4 for half the match then yes, I suppose you could describe it as glorious, I personally wouldn't. I would bet Palace fans have had better entertainment for there season ticket money this year.

Yes, our keeper was MOM, and will be playing against Forest. I never get that logic "ah, you wouldn't have won without your keeper". That's the point. He IS our keeper.

And that 2nd goal against you was stunning football, like taking the piss out of someone on FIFA.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Yes, our keeper was MOM, and will be playing against Forest. I never get that logic "ah, you wouldn't have won without your keeper". That's the point. He IS our keeper.

And that 2nd goal against you was stunning football, like taking the piss out of someone on FIFA.

If your keeping keeps coming to your rescue that implies your defenders in front of him aren't as good as you think. But saying that I was impressed by your defensive unit the most on Sunday, Bridge and Upson are quality players at this level.

2nd goal was a cracker, I'll give you that. But doubt he does that ever week. Moritz scored one just like for us vs Wolves.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If your keeping keeps coming to your rescue that implies your defenders in front of him aren't as good as you think. But saying that I was impressed by your defensive unit the most on Sunday, Bridge and Upson are quality players at this level.

2nd goal was a cracker, I'll give you that. But doubt he does that ever week. Moritz scored one just like for us vs Wolves.

He doesn't "keep coming to our rescue", we were AWAY at TOP of the league. They were full of confidence. In other games Vicente runs it, sometimes Bridge puts in a worldy, sometimes it's a couple of goals from Ulloa, sometimes Lopez and Orlandi pass the other side to death, I could go on. We're clearly not a one man team.

Well done for admitting that Bridge and Upson aren't "past it has beens" as so many on the BBS are determined to do. If Bridge is a "has been" what the **** does that make Zaha?!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
He doesn't "keep coming to our rescue", we were AWAY at TOP of the league. They were full of confidence. In other games Vicente runs it, sometimes Bridge puts in a worldy, sometimes it's a couple of goals from Ulloa, sometimes Lopez and Orlandi pass the other side to death, I could go on. We're clearly not a one man team.

Well done for admitting that Bridge and Upson aren't "past it has beens" as so many on the BBS are determined to do. If Bridge is a "has been" what the **** does that make Zaha?!

So you're basing your overall opinion of Zaha based on just Sunday? I really hope your manager does that in the playoffs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So you're basing your overall opinion of Zaha based on just Sunday? I really hope your manager does that in the playoffs.
He's been on fire (insert joke here) since his England call up hasn't he?!!!

:lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

No, I'm not.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
He's been on fire (insert joke here) since his England call up hasn't he?!!!

:lolol:

Hit and miss. Against Boro, Watford and Huddersfield he's been brilliant, Sunday and some other games (normally away) not so.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
mullz.gif

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The build up to the 3rd goal wasn't too bad either :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here