Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Guardian's Championship Preview

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Championship fans view:

http://www.footballforums.net/showthread.php/314470-League-table-prediction-2015-16/page8

Consensus so far

1, Middlesbrough 23
2. Derby 14
-----------------------------------------------
3. Hull C 5
4. Sheff Wed 2
5. Wolves 2
6. Brentford, Ipswich, Forest, Burnley dead heat

Relegation

20. Blackburn 5
21. Preston NE 7
-------------------------------------------------------------
22. Bolton W 12
23. MK Dons 15
24. Rotherham 16
-----------------------------------------------

Comments: Clear favourites of Middlesbrough and Derby is an easy choice. Nobody wants to stick their neck out and say any other team. Journos are worst t for this. Like tipping Wigan last season. I stuck my neck out and said Sheffield Wednesday.

A bit of trepidation for playing 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1. I don't think we have the left sided midfielders for it. Bobby Z is a real bonus helped by being left-footed. Even the best teams are usually two players short. I think we might need three additions. Speed merchant on the right hand side would help.

All pundits are in two minds about the Albion.

1) a good team that can't score.
2) a poor team that can't score.

Maybe we are an average team that can't score?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can't see where the creativity is at the Albion. Although we did well against Sevilla, the service to the strikers was the same old shit that we saw last season. No more wide players or creative midfielders and I think we'll struggle to score which will leave us down near the bottom imo. Bobby is not the answer, just a very useful addition.

Can see why so many tip us to struggle. Hopefully we'll sign the two or three players that will make a difference or maybe Harper will be the new hero.

We did not seem to have the movement in midfield against Sevilla that was a our strength until last season. I think this is called resilience rather than expansive. I was disappointed in our performance. Afterall, it was only a friendly. First time since we left I thought we were missing Bridcutt who dropped in at the back allowing other players to go forward. Beram Kayal is too good to stay back.

We will see.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
This is our season, especially now that everyone seems to have written us off.
Our squad is actually pretty decent, I know we need a couple of wingers and CB cover but show me any other club with a completed squad.
Last season we were poor from the off and failed to shake off the cobwebs of Hyppia. We were also injury plagued for the majority of the season, those players returning should make the difference between an average side and a side able to challenge. A full season with Kayal pulling strings in the middle of the park alongside Stephens with Ince when required. With Kayal's mate and Bobby up top we will definitely have more goal thread.
Everyone needs to get over the disaster of last season as opposed to wearing it like a Sunday morning hangover.
We are going up!
New season = New optimism (Or at least until Forest demolish us) :albion2:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Forest had a good team two seasons ago. They can't become awful that quick ???

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This is our season, especially now that everyone seems to have written us off.
Our squad is actually pretty decent, I know we need a couple of wingers and CB cover but show me any other club with a completed squad.
Last season we were poor from the off and failed to shake off the cobwebs of Hyppia. We were also injury plagued for the majority of the season, those players returning should make the difference between an average side and a side able to challenge. A full season with Kayal pulling strings in the middle of the park alongside Stephens with Ince when required. With Kayal's mate and Bobby up top we will definitely have more goal thread.
Everyone needs to get over the disaster of last season as opposed to wearing it like a Sunday morning hangover.
We are going up!
New season = New optimism (Or at least until Forest demolish us) :albion2:

Bang on. Although I don't necessarily think we're going up. But that Guardian piece was a load of tosh, making no allowances for our other signings and the strength of our central midfield now everyone's available. Last season we were absolute gash and a disorganised mess until Xmas and didn't go down so it won't happen this season under Hughton.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Guardian piece lacked any insight. I could have written it.

The right thing to have said - in his position - is Brighton look like mid-table but the season will hinge either way on whether Dunk stays and Zamora scores.

To be honest I think the additions have too much quality for us to be anywhere near the bottom. Even if Dunk goes and Bobby is peripheral I think Kayal, Hemed, Bong, Rosenior will give us enough steel to pick up enough points to be comfortably mid table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here