Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Guardian has us in the play-offs...

scousegull

Apr 15, 2008
Championship 2011-12 season preview | John Ashdown | Football | guardian.co.uk

Brighton have a new stadium, masses of momentum and, most importantly, Gus Poyet. And though Glenn Murray has departed the signing of Craig Mackail-Smith is as big a boost to them as it is a blow to Peterborough. Posh may struggle to stay up, but Poyet's side are so many people's dark horses that they are no longer dark horses (a variant of the Lee Carsley EffectTM) and it would be a bit of a surprise if they do not come close to the play-offs.

Champions West Ham

Promoted Leicester

Play-offs Nottingham Forest, Cardiff, Brighton, Hull

Top half Birmingham, Reading, Burnley, Leeds, Millwall, Ipswich

Bottom half Blackpool, Middlesbrough, Southampton, Portsmouth, Derby, Barnsley, Bristol City, Crystal Palace, Doncaster

Relegated Watford, Coventry, Peterborough

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
my hopes tht we r competitive ...and establish ourselves...thers a lot of gd teams in the championship...and ones with a lot of ''championship'' experience...mid table.. the ability to compete against the top teams and som gd footie..and i wil b happy

D

Deleted member 18477

the guardian is crazy! but i hope they're right!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
on BBC sussex this morning John Lees had us going up automatically!!!!

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
As it stands, on today's Grauniad Sports Poll, over 4% of readers think we'll win The Championship.

That's the seventh most popular selection - Leicester and West Ham currently have nearly 50% of the vote between them.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I honestly cannot believe we have been tipped up by the majority of papers to be there or thereabouts. We have replaced Bennett and Murray with KLL and CMS (relatively speaking) and have added Hoskins, Buckley, Bergkamp and Vincelot. Whilst these are all very good signings, is it really enough to threaten the leaderboard!? Am I being really pessimistic here? I honestly dont know............please help!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
my hopes tht we r competitive ...and establish ourselves...thers a lot of gd teams in the championship...and ones with a lot of ''championship'' experience...mid table.. the ability to compete against the top teams and som gd footie..and i wil b happy

This exactly anything else a bonus....:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We rode our luck at the back towards the end of last season and Murray was one of our best defenders. We haven't strengthened at the back so I reckon we'll concede loads of goals this season. By the same token we should score a few but without a mean defence we will not be up at the top imo.

Looking forward to getting back on the Albion roller coaster

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Right next to that picture of Big Sam is one of those American-style messages saying how great West Ham is. It contains a grammatical error.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
We haven't strengthened at the back so I reckon we'll concede loads of goals this season. By the same token we should score a few but without a mean defence we will not be up at the top imo.

Agree Icy. Really fear that we may concede a hatful every so often. By the same token we might score a hatful +1 and so it won't matter. Nevertheless my pre-match butterflies will be ever present unless we spend substantially on our defence.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We rode our luck at the back towards the end of last season and Murray was one of our best defenders. We haven't strengthened at the back so I reckon we'll concede loads of goals this season. By the same token we should score a few but without a mean defence we will not be up at the top imo.

Looking forward to getting back on the Albion roller coaster

Agreed. We've also failed to add much physicality/strength to the midfield which could be a potential problem. Think we might have a good first half of the season and then drop away a bit. Main thing for me is to not see play-off type predictions and then be disapointed if we don't make them. I'd like to stay up without having to look over our shoulders too much really, something like 16th would be decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here