The Guardian and Lewes Arms

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
LBA.jpg

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very nice piece. Though presumably that is the same Tim Minogue that is editor of Rotten Boroughs in Private Eye, and no friend of our stadium. After a particularly one-sided piece in there I did email him, and to be fair got a very considered response. The fact is there are people out there who are otherwise perfectly reasonable but just don't want the stadium, our case just has to be better than theirs. And then there are the lying weasels like LDC, who do truly deserve our contempt.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Interesting that Norman Baker is involved in this.

not like him to get involved with a decision taken outside of his jurisdiction and object to meddling in someone elses business.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Tooting Gull said:
Very nice piece. Though presumably that is the same Tim Minogue that is editor of Rotten Boroughs in Private Eye, and no friend of our stadium. After a particularly one-sided piece in there I did email him, and to be fair got a very considered response.

It is. I had the same treatment, to be fair to him, and he even published my letter opposing his point of view.

His personal opposition appears to be based (from memory) on the fact that he takes his daughter to the Pond to feed the ducks every weekend.

Getting back to the Lewes Arms (*) sympathisers might be interested in this site:-

http://www.lewesarms.org.uk/

(*) once they start serving Harveys again of course!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here