Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Grounds We Have Visited- The Teams We Have Seen...

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
About 60-70 league and non league grounds with Brighton and a dozen non league without. About 5-6 abroad. We need to see Tallulah's, they're off the scale.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
In terms of away grounds one of the rarest must be Rushden & Diamonds and our one and only visit.
The nearest ground to me and relished in being home within 10mins of a week night away game.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I only count the away Brighton games so have done about 85 ish mostly around year 97 etc No idea how many times for each ground. The 10 main one's I have missed are all the top sides I have done all the lower apart from Bury so now probably impossible and have really run out of steam, it's an age thing. Good luck to those starting out possibly Europe in the near future? Well that's blown that then!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
In terms of away grounds one of the rarest must be Rushden & Diamonds and our one and only visit.
The nearest ground to me and relished in being home within 10mins of a week night away game.
Oh I didn't realise and I've done that one...Thanks

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm at 38 grounds, counting teams down to a National League North and South level, old/new Wembley and Millennium Stadium .

However 4 of those grounds were for Rugby League games, Old Trafford, Griffin Park, Loftus Road and Valley Parade.

I've also been to 4 grounds (Highbury, Selhurst Park, KC Stadium and Portman Road) but not for Brighton games. In fact Portman Road is probably the ground i've visited most after Brighton home grounds as my best mate is an Ipswich fan (that was also the reason for my visit to Selhurst Park in the away end for a Palace vs Ipswich game).

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Tele2 Arena (home of Djurgården and Hammarby) or Friends Arena (the national stadium/home of AIK)?

I was at the latter when it was recently opened... such a shitty experience compared to the old Råsunda-stadion. Got a massive headache from the poor acoustics. Might be better now but not eager to return there.
It was the Friends Arena. I remember it had the roof closed and I was outside the ground in a thick winter coat and had to take it off inside it was so warm!

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
I got up to around 70 league grounds before emigrating to NZ in 2011, but a lot of those were lower league and no longer part of the 92. Sadly, I have missed out on visiting the more classy Premier League and Championship grounds as we have risen in status. That said, there were always exciting stories resulting from visits to lower league grounds in the 70s and 80s. Like walking into an empty pitch dark toilet at Halifax and wondering why all the locals were grinning at me - only to find it was 6 inches deep in piss that reached the bottom of my jeans.
My second most visited ground, after the Goldstone, is the Olympia Stadion in Berlin. I was stationed there in the army and became a keen Hertha BSC fan. Typically for me they were not in the Bundesliga at the time, although they did win most weeks, which made a change from the Albion. I still follow their results to this day. I also temporarily lent my support to other teams around the UK during army postings - most notably the Boro during the Jack Charlton years.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I remember counting up the grounds I’ve been to before we made the Premier League and including non Brighton games it was over 100. I don’t remember the details well enough to match the OP’s level of detail.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I’ve done 230 grounds the vast majority not with Brighton, 80 with Brighton. My most visited football league ground (excluding Broadfield as I count that as a home Ground as the majority of games are womens home games) both as a neutral and an away fan is the John Smiths, thanks to 4 years of Uni in Huddersfield. I’ve kept a pretty good track on Futbology. Only 78 of the 92, but trying to get them all done eventually, the majority of those grounds being in the north which we’ve never played in my lifetime (Barrow, Morecambe, Fleetwood). Been to a fair few with the U21s, mainly training grounds and non league clubs. That’s my Brighton record.

AC44A6E0-A480-419F-8294-ABC1EA73E133.jpeg

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
My dad went to that game by conveniently being away with work somewhere close. He managed that trick a few times as he had a list of places he had to visit but he was in charge of scheduling the visits. He said no one at his company ever realised he planned all these trips around Brighton away games.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Haven't kept that accurate a record but including the Amex a cursory glance of the league suggest I have been to 43 of the current league grounds. Will be 44 after Middlesborough away.

Have been to Layer Road at Colchester but not the new ground and have seen a game at Oxford United but not with Brighton.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My travelling almost mirrors yours time wise, my first away game being in the 1985/86 season and the majority of my away days took place in the late 80's and 90's

I certainly haven't listed them with anything like the same detail, but ticking them off as l visited them, l have seen the Albion at 63 different grounds around the country.
pretty much this, but into the early 2000s and a few less grounds though at 61

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Now that teams are regularly changing ground and moving in and out of the league, how does one do the 92 now? Does any ground old or new count? Do they have to be in the league now or when you visited.

As examples, I did Chester and Darlington with Brighton in league games but both at old grounds and both are now National League North
They come under 'Grounds Visited (League at the time)' and ''Teams Visited (League at the time)'

I've never been interested in doing the '92'. I always preferred to do just Albion games in general.

Where was your first away match ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They come under 'Grounds Visited (League at the time)' and ''Teams Visited (League at the time)'

I've never been interested in doing the '92'. I always preferred to do just Albion games in general.

Where was your first away match ?
Southend United 87-88, now another non league ground. We lost.

I've been to Roots Hall four times, three defeats and a single 3-2 win in 1992. Crowd trouble every time. (thanks 11v11)

Curse you for dragging me into the ways of the anorak :lolol:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The My Grounds app is pretty good for working all this out. It'll rank you against other Albion fans on it. The target to beat is 225 grounds.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Over 100 grounds with the Albion no idea as to the number of games in total.
It was always the target of doing the ninety two but that's almost impossible now just following one team.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Southend United 87-88, now another non league ground. We lost.

I've been to Roots Hall four times, three defeats and a single 3-2 win in 1992. Crowd trouble every time. (thanks 11v11)

Curse you for dragging me into the ways of the anorak :lolol:
The 3-2 win in 1992 was a home match. There was a pitch protest after the game.

The away match was in the December. We lost 2-1 and I was very drunk having first attended a beer festival in Stratford. I don't remember you being at that one, but I don't remember much from that day anyway..

You wanted anorak....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The 3-2 win in 1992 was a home match. There was a pitch protest after the game.

The away match was in the December. We lost 2-1 and I was very drunk having first attended a beer festival in Stratford.

You wanted anorak....
I think it was at Roots hall when a keeper we had on loan, Simon Royce, saved a Southend penalty, but he was so busy celebrating the save, that he didn'r realise the ball was still in play, and Southend scored with a follow up shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here