Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Gross turn

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I hope “wonder boy” Mason Mount was watching Gross closely because that would have been the closest he got to the ball last night

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Having missed the game and just seen the shot off the post on the news last night, I now feel I have seen all the highlights.

Wonderful stuff.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Having missed the game and just seen the shot off the post on the news last night, I now feel I have seen all the highlights.

Wonderful stuff.

There weren’t many “highlights” as such but I found the match extremely watchable and enjoyable, in particular a little club like Brighton dominating mighty Chelsea at the back and in midfield.

Great to see our coaching staff and players more than matching Chelsea’s

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
:thumbsup:

GT.gif

Thank you and I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating, I do love a miffy giffy

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There weren’t many “highlights” as such but I found the match extremely watchable and enjoyable, in particular a little club like Brighton dominating mighty Chelsea at the back and in midfield.

Agree with that.

Although we didn't win get the three points and it wasn't as eye catching as the wins against Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Spurs etc during our time in the PL, I actually thought that was possibly our most confident and complete performance in the PL against a top 6 side. We were so in control of everything we did, it looked like we belonged with them, at their level and weren't just plucky underdogs trying to snatch a point or win.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree with that.

Although we didn't win get the three points and it wasn't as eye catching as the wins against Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Spurs etc during our time in the PL, I actually thought that was possibly our most confident and complete performance in the PL against a top 6 side. We were so in control of everything we did, it looked like we belonged with them, at their level and weren't just plucky underdogs trying to snatch a point or win.

Indeed. I normally watch our Games clenching with anxiety. I was a bit nervous before KO but it very soon looked like Chelsea wouldn't score. We looked different class compared with the harum-scarum charge around the pitch types (Stains, WBA, Fulham, Palace).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's brilliant :lolol: A genuine LOL from me, watching that. Almost :rotlf:

In Stat Towers it's:-

Go on
Go on
Hes gonna do it
Go on...

...yessssssss.

Anyone in another room would assume The Albion had scored (assuming they didn't follow football!)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The best bit is that he ALSO passes the ball backwards on occasion when going forwards. I'm there saying out loud "here we go.. watch watch watch...." and he just plays a simple, boring pass. And sometimes he crosses it early! But then, just when you don't (but also absolutely do expect it) BOOM. GROSS TURN!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

And if not for a lick of paint, Welbeck’s shot curls beautifully in off and we’re talking about another famous win at the big boys...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Pretty sure there was another Groß turn in defence in the first half. It was more in the centre of the field just outside our box.

Finally googled how to type a ß
Press ALT and then type 0223 (from the numbers keyboard not top row)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Pretty sure there was another Groß turn in defence in the first half. It was more in the centre of the field just outside our box.

Finally googled how to type a ß
Press ALT and then type 0223 (from the numbers keyboard not top row)

Or – if you're on a Mac – Alt+s :thumbsup:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
In Stat Towers it's:-

Go on
Go on
Hes gonna do it
Go on...

...yessssssss.

Anyone in another room would assume The Albion had scored (assuming they didn't follow football!)

Same here. Something slightly less flattering about gross is how slow he runs. Twice yesterday he was sprinting head down to get back into position (brilliant work ethic) but rudiger was dribbling forward at the same speed and looked like he was just jogging. I would love to see lamptey vs gross over the length of the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here