Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Greatest News For Years!!!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes my severance pay ended in November and yes I had a informal meeting at a curry house in Brick Lane on Beaujolais day , however I then pressed my ex employer for the inventory which should have come with my iron mountain box of personal belongings many of which appeared missing ??? My ex employer then reluctantly admitted ONCE AGAIN correct procedures had not been adhered to and therefore offered interim payments equivalent to my monthly salary on leaving, until the matter can resolved.

Lee, you seem unnervingly interested in my life why not get one of your own, I have no idea recollection or interest in what you have posted previously!!!

Yes, yes that would be the totally PLAUSIBLE reason why.

No I'm not interested. It's difficult not to know absolutely every dull part of your day when you post all your banal shit so frequently. You wouldn't have read many posts as I don't often post often on here anymore and it's tended to be on the threads where there are difficult words and grown up issues.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And actually, I still don't believe you. You're the kind of bloke to post about the dullest things such as what you can see outside your window. It's impossible for you to keep something as fortuitous as you getting more money from your employer quiet. You'd have been bragging about it on here.

And the restriction of trade clause is usually applied as part of a severance pay NOT as compensation for negligence. There's no need for you to accept it. It's irrelevant to the issue. Still, you keep telling yourself that, eh?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Why the comment about Jewish money?

To be fair to HB&B, the term "shekel" is just Cockney slang for money so I wouldn't take it as any sort anti-Semetic insult.

shekels/sheckles = money. Not always, but often refers to money in coins, and can also refer to riches or wealth. From the Hebrew word and Israeli monetary unit 'shekel' derived in Hebrew from the silver coin 'sekel' in turn from the word for weight 'sakal'.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm no lawyer but from my law module I recall there's a blue pencil test. Basically if the restriction of trade clause is deemed unnecessarily restrictive then it is unenforceable.

I'd suggest that stopping an insurance bod who worked in London from working in Brighton would fall under that. I'd also suggest that anything stopping you from working for the best part of a year is also too onerous. And enforcing it because of some employer's negligence rather than for what it's meant to be for - stopping you taking their trade - is extremely dodgy.

Look it up on the internet, if you want. Still, you know best. eh?

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I'm no lawyer but from my law module I recall there's a blue pencil test. Basically if the restriction of trade clause is deemed unnecessarily restrictive then it is unenforceable.

I'd suggest that stopping an insurance bod who worked in London from working in Brighton would fall under that. I'd also suggest that anything stopping you from working for the best part of a year is also too onerous. And enforcing it because of some employer's negligence rather than for what it's meant to be for - stopping you taking their trade - is extremely dodgy.

Look it up on the internet, if you want. Still, you know best. eh?

all absolutely correct.

i think we've all worked out by now that hove born & inbred is rather a fantasist...

somebody above called him a charles pooter character....spot on!

Low crime rate compared to other parts of Croydon and London, just look at the mayors crime map of London.

I'd be interested in that if you have a link.

Getting back to the topic, I was surprised to read
just one train will stop at Clapham Junction during the commuter peak period between 6.30am and 8am. as this is a major interchange eg for stations to Woking etc.

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have not been made redundant..............................yet! That is all I can say, I agreed a package of compensation and agreed to have my contract terminated effectively I resigned!!!

If you have NOT been made redundant (as you quite clearly are stating above as i have quoted) why do you agree in a thread started by another member, the thread title being "Redundancy" that you were made redundant ?

Buzzer is correct, one way or another, you are telling untruths, untruths that can be clearly seen by all.

You really need to remember, a computer has a memory, and also NSC has a very good search function :D and an individual who tells untruths, does need a very good memory as well.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Chaps, please lay off HB&B as I think he is having a hard time coming to terms with his situation. Whatever his 'sins' he's not that bad. Been there myself and it's not an easy transition.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sorry, not sure what you mean by "Been there myself and it.s not an easy transition"

Been made redundant no less that four times previously so I'm not going to knock somebody for being out of work. For all his faults I doubt that HB&B planned to be out of work, anymore than anybody else who is in that unfortunate situation.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Been made redundant no less that four times previously so I'm not going to knock somebody for being out of work. For all his faults I doubt that HB&B planned to be out of work, anymore than anybody else who is in that unfortunate situation.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :thumbsup:

I to was made redundant in mid September this year, so I am aware of the unfortunate situation it creates.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Thanks for clearing that up for me :thumbsup:

I to was made redundant in mid September this year, so I am aware of the unfortunate situation it creates.

Tone, I know you were, any sign of anything ? At least I only had me to take care of so I do have a lot of sympathy. What I have been trying to get through to HB&B is that he should try a bit harder although in view of some of the comments in this thread you do wonder what's fact and what's fiction.

Dandyman

In London village.
f*** me mate can you not get someone to explain it to you!!! For reasons I cannot discuss I AM STILL BEING PAID BY MY PREVIOUS EMPLOYER ON THE PROVISO I DO NOT TAKE ANOTHER JOB WHILST STILL RECEIVING EX GRATIA SEVERANCE PAY

Hurrah ! One less oafish yokel to pollute my city.

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
Why the comment about Shekels?

Surely, in this instance, it's just its little-used meaning as a term for money. Collins English Dictionary 2006. "n 3 (often in pl) inf any coin or money"
I use the word in the same way like, say, 'spondoolicks' which I can't find in the same dictionary, however I spell it.

You seem to be suggesting that there's something sinister and anti-Semitic about the use of a word because it has a Jewish connection. How ridiculous.

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters
Surely, in this instance, it's just its little-used meaning as a term for money. Collins English Dictionary 2006. "n 3 (often in pl) inf any coin or money"
I use the word in the same way like, say, 'spondoolicks' which I can't find in the same dictionary, however I spell it.

You seem to be suggesting that there's something sinister and anti-Semitic about the use of a word because it has a Jewish connection. How ridiculous.

Pah ! It's blatant attack on the Moabite and Edomite communites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here