Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

macky

Dec 28, 2004
they could yet be a few on here eating humble pie aybe he dont bleed blue and white after all

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It's more than likely Naylor is just trying to make a headline to sell the paper. He strikes me as being a "look at me" sort of journalist.

Much preferred Brian owen.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
there you go with personel insults again But as soon as i say something back you run to the mods
wanker

Personal insult saying you got off a tractor!? Did Worzel Gummage forget to put on his humour head this morning!?

17036019448e0e07e741a7.jpg

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Maybe it was more about (or even all about) not pissing his wife off.

He may not need the money but he is a family man and for all of us that should come first.

It's going to be interesting to see if his wife moves over to Brighton with him either part time or full time. That will tell us whether a new contract is worth pursuing because it is tough for a family to be separated, especially with a new baby. Whichever way it goes I think it is unfair to "blame" anyone for the situation that arose - indeed it say a a great deal about all involved that it has been resolved as effectively as it has[/QUOTE

Very much this and on going

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It's more than likely Naylor is just trying to make a headline to sell the paper. He strikes me as being a "look at me" sort of journalist.

Much preferred Brian owen.

this...... Naylor is lazy, misses a lot, needs NSC to get stories.....

Brian Owen was a lot better, thoughtful, lots more tweets and excellent during Vicente saga

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You have been made to look a bit foolish on this thread with your continual shouting down of anyone who doesn't agree with 100% of what you say. You have your opinion on the situation, great. But it's not the series of facts you seem to condescendingly suggest it is to anyone who dares disagree with you.

Really? Well, perhaps I know a little more than you believe...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All in your opinion, based on very little other than hearsay and supposedly someone high up at the club (are those gutters cleaned out yet?). I don't understand why you have to feel so sure that this is exactly what happened. It may have done, I can't deny that, but on the hand there could be many other reasons as well.

You can put your statements in CAPS all you want, but frankly you just sound like someone who likes to think they know a lot more than they actually do. ANYWAY, carry on.

I will, thank you... and you can carry on in your deluded 'Vicente and Agent are saints' world too...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
why were Elche out of order? Vicente was in last 12 weeks of his contract and free to talk to any club he wanted, dispense with the moral high horse claptrap. Elche were not out of order

But they went public with their expectation to get their man on a free!? A man who had a contract wherein his current club had the option to extend to 2 years... they were taking the p1ss, and their bluff was correctly called... they lost, and now looking fcuking stupid...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Haven't a clue about the finer points of the 'optional year' on his contract and have not heard anything whatsoever about him being unhappy but if he did become low because his wife and baby were back home in Spain then it would be best for all concerned to let him go back.
It's not as if he signed a three year contract with us is it ?

Spot on, he signed a 2-year one...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
My view, is that there is actually a middle ground between the viewpoints of:

A. "He just wanted to go to Spain. Money is irrelevant"
and
B "Its all just about money"

It is this:
C: "He'd PREFER, if all things were equal, to be playing in Spain. He's prepared, however to play in England, but wants a good deal, to justify the 'sacrifice'"

That sounds about right...

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Maybe it was more about (or even all about) not pissing his wife off.

He may not need the money but he is a family man and for all of us that should come first.

It's going to be interesting to see if his wife moves over to Brighton with him either part time or full time. That will tell us whether a new contract is worth pursuing because it is tough for a family to be separated, especially with a new baby. Whichever way it goes I think it is unfair to "blame" anyone for the situation that arose - indeed it say a a great deal about all involved that it has been resolved as effectively as it has[/QUOTE

Very much this and on going

Some of us have ot be grown up and except that We have ot work away from our families sometimes On a fraction of his wages
And it's only two hours away on a plane

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I will, thank you... and you can carry on in your deluded 'Vicente and Agent are saints' world too...

You've just replied to my post in which I have said what you claim to have happened may have done. How does that make me deluded when I remain open minded about the whole thing?

You probably know a little more than I believe you do, as I honestly think you know sweet FA, in fact you're so full of hot air I wouldn't be surprised to see Richard Branson on your back trying to cross the Atlantic!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some of us have ot be grown up and except that We have ot work away from our families sometimes On a fraction of his wages

This is true, but then we don't have millions in the bank. This changes the entire concept of 'have to'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Couldn't have put it better than HFFC below. Money in the bank changes everything. Also, it has been reported that the maximum that Elche would pay is £6/7k per week, ie a max of £364k a year. He could easily live off that. I suspect your wife would have serious concerns if you chose to work away from home when financially you didn't have to!!!!

This is true, but then we don't have millions in the bank. This changes the entire concept of 'have to'.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I never intended to reignite the binfest when reporting Naylor's tweet. All I wanted to know was if anyone had read the Argus article and what it says.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here