The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not goin gto be eating any pie humble or other Like i said theres a spin being put on it I hope he's has a great season
and then loses all his money the greedy little so and so

Has he signed a new deal or are we going on the contract extension (i assume same / similar deal to last yr?

Don't you believe Brian Owen etc that it wasn't to do with money?

Don't you believe Gus that Vicente's had a few personal issues?

Don't you believe Owen saying Elche was just a convenience if he wanted to stay local in Spain?

Don't you believe the Argus etc etc that had he joined Elche he would've had to take a big pay cut?

Don't you believe Gus that the 'new deal' was 90-95% done (which suggests money wasnt the stumbling block)

Jeez why didn't you just keep quiet and enjoy 'vthe massive signing / news. Nobody would've bothered scrolled through 70 pages to name and shame you - you've made yourself look guilty here!

macky

Dec 28, 2004
By the same token, should you not wait and see how many games he plays, and what his attitude his, before being so quick to criticise him, and post some of things you've been saying?

why i already know he's tried to hold the club to ransom Anyone who cant see that should take a stroll along to specsave

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bruno Saltor signed and apparently his partner is good friends with Vicente's partner-The Vicente family has just had a recent addition to the squad so to speak,Brighton like Valencia is a coastal town....i could go on and on but the writing was on the wall for me...

Are the WAGS really good friends? Is that a fact or a guess from someone on here? Hope we didn't sign Bruno just to get Vicente to stay if true haha!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
By the same token, should you not wait and see how many games he plays, and what his attitude his, before being so quick to criticise him, and post some of things you've been saying?

I have no doubts about his attitude-i just hope he remains fit...a player of his standing could easily have walked-contract or no contract..

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Fantastic news. This gem will do for me.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Has he signed a new deal or are we going on the contract extension (i assume same / similar deal to last yr?

Don't you believe Brian Owen etc that it wasn't to do with money?

Don't you believe Gus that Vicente's had a few personal issues?

Don't you believe Owen saying Elche was just a convenience if he wanted to stay local in Spain?

Don't you believe the Argus etc etc that had he joined Elche he would've had to take a big pay cut?

Don't you believe Gus that the 'new deal' was 90-95% done (which suggests money wasnt the stumbling block)

Jeez why didn't you just keep quiet and enjoy 'vthe massive signing / news. Nobody would've bothered scrolled through 70 pages to name and shame you - you've made yourself look guilty here!

As i said they are hardly going to say he'sa ungrateful Litle money grabber are they But it ok you believe what you wantot In that lovely little world of yours Like i said i hoe he hasa great season

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Are the WAGS really good friends? Is that a fact or a guess from someone on here? Hope we didn't sign Bruno just to get Vicente to stay if true haha!

I hope,well i would like to think it was a pure footballing decision-but i did read somewhere that Vicente was good to Bruno at Valencia and the wags clicked-lets hope that the Spanish trio set a good example to the others as to how to act and conduct themselves not only on the field of play...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As i said they are hardly going to say he'sa ungrateful Litle money grabber are they But it ok you believe what you wantot In that lovely little world of yours Like i said i hoe he hasa great season

lol = I'm not saying Vicente didn't necesarily do some things wrong - he may have done - but we don't know. Just enjoy the good news FFS he's easily the best player in the Champs and best player i've seen in the stripes...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
why i already know he's tried to hold the club to ransom Anyone who cant see that should take a stroll along to specsave

How do you KNOW that? Or is it just the wild and ill-informed speculation on your part that is look like?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
lol = I'm not saying Vicente didn't necesarily do some things wrong - he may have done - but we don't know. Just enjoy the good news FFS he's easily the best player in the Champs and best player i've seen in the stripes...

Like i have said i'm happy if he has a great season more than happy in fact But dont mean t osay i have to love and swoon all over him No one wil scream louder than me when he scores those great goals

macky

Dec 28, 2004
How do you KNOW that? Or is it just the wild and ill-informed speculation on your part that is look like?

If it were just a case of a bot of wife trouble why did is agent have ot get involved

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Have PALARSE had a thread on BBS LAUGHING at the Vicente drama - one must link it if there has been - and anyone registered must BOUNCE it :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If it were just a case of a bot of wife trouble why did is agent have ot get involved

Because he wanted to keep his wife happy he would have wanted to look at all the options, and discussions about ending his contract with brighton would need to include the agent to protect Vicente.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm frigging ecstatic that he'll be back in training on Monday, no matter the end result. I hope he's happy here and gets to show his talents with a smile on his face.
What this episode tells us as humans is who it's best not to listen to in times of worry. Never let the paranoid mindreaders into your world and have them tell you just to give up. It's not worth it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So has it been disclosed as to whether he's signed a different contract or is it still the extension we enforced?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

You seem to know an awful lot about what's gone on. I think this transfer has proved, without a shadow of a doubt, that there are very few people who have A CLUE about what happens inside the club.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So has it been disclosed as to whether he's signed a different contract or is it still the extension we enforced?

I still think he could have walked-what difference is a contract?

i think he is genuine,the agent,doing what agents do-

i would like to think we have improved the deal,to show our commitment,even if we have had to pay more and take the chance he stays fit..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports