Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
why humble pie ??? he still for one reason or another triedto hold the club to ransom Somne on here wil lbow down and lick his arse
Me i wouldtahter he never came back Why do you think he changed his mind it werent about wanting to go home
it was about greed

Aw come on Macky... You don't have to pretend.

Deep down you felt like this -> :rave: when you heard the GOOD news... didn't you?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Well I'd freely admit I'd have put a fiver on him not returning. I might still do double or quits on him not playing again though. It would be worth losing to allay my fears that it's only the contract that's forced him back and that he'll now develop the mystery injury again. I'd be delighted to be wrong and genuinely hope he's an ever present as he is more than a class above the general standard in the Champs

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
A top class striker, and I would say we are ALMOST there.

Going to be one hell of a season:drool:

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Well I'd freely admit I'd have put a fiver on him not returning. I might still do double or quits on him not playing again though. It would be worth losing to allay my fears that it's only the contract that's forced him back and that he'll now develop the mystery injury again. I'd be delighted to be wrong and genuinely hope he's an ever present as he is more than a class above the general standard in the Champs

i wouldn't if I were you, Brian Owen spoke to his agent and apparently he's happy to be here, just family issues and that Elche was a convenient nearby club, nothing on Brighton though. Vicente was also supposedly impressed by the signings we've made.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
You don't know shite! Sit in the corner with a glum face while everyone else celebrates you miserable sod!

what do you know then Have you seen his new seagul tattoo or do you share his bed Nothing wrong wit ha bit of man love i suppose
your so far up his arse anyway

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You don't know shite! Sit in the corner with a glum face while everyone else celebrates you miserable sod!

I very much doubt there is anyone who posts on here who really knows anything about it. Today's comments about it not being financial could just be a smokescreen to smooth things over with the fans, it cold be the truth, perhaps vicente has wanted to stay with brighton but when Elche showed an interest his wife wanted to stay in spain, perhaps the extra week was agreed with the club - us allowing him time to stay back in spain to work things out with his wife before returning, perhaps he wanted more money from us, perhaps money wasn't the problem and he wanted to play for his friend at elche and we've stood firm on the contract and he is delaying teaming up with his friend for a year, perhaps...

I imagine even those with friends in the club or in Vicente's camp will only be hearing what each side wanted out either to spin their side of the discussion, or as negotiating tactics, with each camp guessing the other camp's true motivations (perhaps when you find 99% of contract negotiations are about money, you tend to believe anyone claiming they want to go home for family reasons are really just holding out for more money like the guy who "wanted more first team football or the one who "felt the club doesn't share his vision" or who felt "that division isn't for me at this stage in my career") and that those very few who truly know what was going on, aren't really posting on here bragging about knowing.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yup i was a doubter, just thought with his young family he may have chosen to play closer to home. I never thought it was about money or playing for a bigger club. Really excited he will run out at The Amex next season:clap::banana::Dpunk::lol::cheers::cheers::p:banana::O

To be fair I doubted he'd come back and said many pages ago on here that I'd be surprised if someone that has always been loyal would walk away. I think he's proved that he does have loyalty, rare in sports professionals. I also remember saying that if he went we move on, we don't die, we've lost Lawrenson, Saunders, Zamora and Ward, to name but four in the past but we are still a pretty decent club. I was kind of blasé about it all, if he stayed he stayed, if he didn't he didn't... we move on. But I am seriously chuffed that his loyalty is with us for the coming season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
NOBODY knew anything - many just GUESSED. Those that were horrible about him without knowing facts, are proven even more so now, to be idiots :rave:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
i wouldn't if I were you, Brian Owen spoke to his agent and apparently he's happy to be here, just family issues and that Elche was a convenient nearby club, nothing on Brighton though. Vicente was also supposedly impressed by the signings we've made.

Stunningly good news and I'm now salivating over the other yet to be announced/concluded signings that will keep him company

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
why humble pie ??? he still for one reason or another triedto hold the club to ransom Somne on here wil lbow down and lick his arse
Me i wouldtahter he never came back Why do you think he changed his mind it werent about wanting to go home
it was about greed

I can see your English is a bit dodgy, but try and read some of Brian Owens twitter quotes.
1/ Poyet says Vicentes stand off was never about football or finances, but due to personal reasons.
2/Vicente is impressed with recent signings, but need to sort things out at home.
3/Vicentes agent confirms a happy ending, after sorting out family issues. Elche was just a convienient local option.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
NOBODY knew anything - many just GUESSED. Those that were horrible about him without knowing facts, are proven even more so now, to be idiots :rave:

I would wait and see how many games he plays What his attitude is like etc etc before you go calling anyone idiots

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I just logged on to this thread expecting more drivel but THIS I never expected.

What happened to all the stuff about him being pissed off with the club etc

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I can see your English is a bit dodgy, but try and read some of Brian Owens twitter quotes.
1/ Poyet says Vicentes stand off was never about football or finances, but due to personal reasons.
2/Vicente is impressed with recent signings, but need to sort things out at home.
3/Vicentes agent confirms a happy ending, after sorting out family issues. Elche was just a convienient local option.

So he could not phone his boss t osay he was under the weather /family issues whatever He had t oget his agent to do it for him
f*** me the man needs to grow some balls And Gus and the club are hardly going to say he came back becuase he had to are they
he tried it on and if you dont know that then you are the fool Now dont waste time arguing with me Go and brown nose your demi god

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would wait and see how many games he plays What his attitude is like etc etc before you go calling anyone idiots

lol - Someone's PARANOID eh - guilty conscience by any chance? I didn't name names or indeed register any names of the posters. I assume you were slating him on this thread yeh? Why wait and see all this - I've seen him for the last 3 months of season and he put a shift in as much as all the players...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So he could not phone his boss t osay he was under the weather /family issues whatever He had t oget his agent to do it for him
f*** me the man needs to grow some balls And Gus and the club are hardly going to say he came back becuase he had to are they
he tried it on and if you dont know that then you are the fool Now dont waste time arguing with me Go and brown nose your demi god

You know nothing - you know nothing re who called who etc - just eat the humble pie others will / will have to from this thread FFS. I thought he was gone - I was wrong! Sometimes we are WRONG!

macky

Dec 28, 2004
You know nothing - you know nothing re who called who etc - just eat the humble pie others will / will have to from this thread FFS. I thought he was gone - I was wrong! Sometimes we are WRONG!

I'm not goin gto be eating any pie humble or other Like i said theres a spin being put on it I hope he's has a great season
and then loses all his money the greedy little so and so

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Bruno Saltor signed and apparently his partner is good friends with Vicente's partner-The Vicente family has just had a recent addition to the squad so to speak,Brighton like Valencia is a coastal town....i could go on and on but the writing was on the wall for me...

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

By the same token, should you not wait and see how many games he plays, and what his attitude his, before being so quick to criticise him, and post some of things you've been saying?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here