Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

I think they have, but...

Elche seem to think they can get him on a free...

Vicente's Agent and Vicente are allegedly annoyed that we invoked the extension, i.e. they seem to think they should just be able to walk!

I know the above is just in the press, but that is what we have to go on at the moment...

Let's be honest, none of us know what's going on (but that hasn't stopped a 39 page thread!).

I've got enough confidence in TB though to be happy that we definitely won't let him go for nothing.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Haven't read the whole thread so apologies for any repetition but this has become too boring now with the likes of The Argus telling the same story again and again, just upping the likelihood of a deal or noting Gus' relaxed state about things - I haven't seen anything from the man himself, understandably, nor the agent just lots of here say and conjecture! Rant over.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Off topic Bourne Ultimatum just started on Itv2... Must be my umpteenth viewing

On topic it's a darn sight more interesting than the Vaiente saga lol

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Only a muppett in your eyes, others say they agree... if you know more, do tell?

I dont, like you and every other poster on this board.
Wait and see the outcome, then call him every name under the sun if it makes you feel better.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Let's be honest, none of us know what's going on (but that hasn't stopped a 39 page thread!).

I've got enough confidence in TB though to be happy that we definitely won't let him go for nothing.

Lol a 39 page thread on the long ..but I haven't spotted the short of it

I'll correct that the short bit was post one

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I dont, like you and every other poster on this board.
Wait and see the outcome, then call him every name under the sun if it makes you feel better.

I haven't called him any names... I have always said 'IF' where I don't know... you are out of order calling me a muppet... OK?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I haven't called him any names... I have always said 'IF' where I don't know... you are out of order calling me a muppet... OK?

Ok apologies for calling you a muppet, but dont pretend that you are in the know, cos admit it you dont, like every other poster on this board.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was under the impression Gus left the option open for vicente to do just that if he decided he didnt want to stay for another year. Or did i get that wrong too?

That may have been the case if Vicente said he wasn't returning shortly after last season finished when he went on his summer break to Spain. The club would have actively sought a replacement. I think once Barber was recruited the situation changed and negotiations changed tack when they realised Vicente/Agent was trying to run down the contract and leave on a technicality (promise to return to training AFTER 1st July and not turn up)

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

suprised there are not more "IFS" in your posts To be quite honest .lol

you, like all the rest of us, havent got a clue whats fact or bullshit in fairness.

Not point getting all shirty about stuff we cannot answer. relax a little.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
That may have been the case if Vicente said he wasn't returning shortly after last season finished when he went on his summer break to Spain. The club would have actively sought a replacement. I think once Barber was recruited the situation changed and negotiations changed tack when they realised Vicente/Agent was trying to run down the contract and leave on a technicality (promise to return to training AFTER 1st July and not turn up)

Again, a lack of information released to the public and speculation is rife. I just thought he was free to leave if he wanted from what Gus had said.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Meaning his Mrs can be here, what happens to other overseas players.
Yes she could, but I assume she doesn't want to, and he's not at the start of a career with an amazing opportunity here. Others make judgements on their situation. Some stay, some go.

I just don't buy the sympathy thing, as I said he's a professional and under contract. Don't want to be bound by a contract then don't sign it. Not rocket science :smile:
Has Vicente said he doesn't want to be bound by the contract? Has he said he doesn't want his new club to pay a fee?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes she could, but I assume she doesn't want to, and he's not at the start of a career with an amazing opportunity here. Others make judgements on their situation. Some stay, some go.

Has Vicente said he doesn't want to be bound by the contract? Has he said he doesn't want his new club to pay a fee?

All valid points

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Again, a lack of information released to the public and speculation is rife. I just thought he was free to leave if he wanted from what Gus had said.

Sometimes what Gus says is "lost in translation" :wink: I think more info will be released next week , either a new deal to surprise everyone or the background to why he has left for an undisclosed fee.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Has Vicente said he doesn't want to be bound by the contract? Has he said he doesn't want his new club to pay a fee?[/QUOTE]

why dont you ask the posters "In the Know" lol

there are loads of em on here..

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Sometimes what Gus says is "lost in translation" :wink: I think more info will be released next week , either a new deal to surprise everyone or the background to why he has left for an undisclosed fee.

would be hugely embarrasing for some of the NSC folk here if he were to return. Bollox nailed to desks, eating of hats................ lool

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
would be hugely embarrasing for some of the NSC folk here if he were to return. Bollox nailed to desks, eating of hats................ lool

bollocks nailed to desks ? is that before or after the sandpaper is applied ? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here