Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hasn't his wife just given birth to their second child? In which case a year ago they wouldn't have known about that.

And, again, that is tough... HE SIGNED A CONTRACT... A FCUKING CONTRACT FFS...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hang on a sec.... We knew he was injury prone before we got him, therfore any medical issues that go with that are down to the club not the player. We took the chance on him and we paid the docs to get him sorted. end of!! we knew the risks and as far as i am aware he owes us NOTHING. Dont pretend this isnt true either.

Tell you what, your niavity is astounding... IF he wants to go, then the club deserves compensation for the loss of his services... this is why there are things called transfer fees... he owes us a lot...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How do you work that out?

Seriously... OK, we are owed compensation for the loss of his services if he leaves... compensation = money... OK?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So you work at the Amex?
So you are Vicentes agent/tax advisor?
So you are Tony Blooms PA?

Amazes me how there are so many people on this board that are in the know.

I know someone very close to TB...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He did have other offers.

His life circumstances have changed since he signed the contract, why shouldn't he review what he wants to do?

Because the circumstances under which his family situation has changed is of his and his partners own making, rather foolish would you not think knowing he had a contract to be in Brighton for 1 year and it possibly could be extended to 2.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
contracts don't seem to mean much these days

This is true, unfortunately... but we are well within our rights to enforce the terms Vicente signed up to, i.e. not throw money down the drain if he choses to leave... thank goodness some on here don't look after the club's finances...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The speculation on this thread is, really, a complete waste of emotional energy.

We will know one way or the other within the next week. Why not reserve comments for then when facts are known.

I suggest everyone enjoys Wimbledon etc and chills out a bit!

The outcome may well be known, the facts won't be.

Fact is he's supposed to be a professional and with a contractual obligation .. end of in my book

+ He's not the first overseas player to have a child and be in a different country, indeed it happened to me when I was overseas for 5 years, didn't bleet and say I wanted to leave, just got on with it

Jan 12, 2012
All the power is with the players. All contracts do is safeguard the club for a transfer fee. If the player wants to go, he and his advisers will find a way out.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Tell you what, your niavity is astounding... IF he wants to go, then the club deserves compensation for the loss of his services... this is why there are things called transfer fees... he owes us a lot...

I'm with you on this.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
All the power is with the players. All contracts do is safeguard the club for a transfer fee. If the player wants to go, he and his advisers will find a way out.

I think a fee is all most of us want now, although it seems the club in Spain are hoping we will let him walk for free. They can f*** off.

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
All going well until you said... he owes the club NOTHING... you musty be fcuking joking... he wouldn't have a career without us/ Herr Doctor... to remind you... HE SIGNED A CONTRACT WHERE THE CLUB HAD AN OPTION TO EXTEND HIS STAY TO 2 YEARS... that's 2 YEARS... no way should he walk for NOTHING...

You're correct. I know I've said it doesn't bother me if he stays/goes but it does bother me about the money. He got a signing on fee and paid him well and got him fit now some Spanish team want him and will pay him well with the bonus of a signing on fee but won't pay a penny to us. All we want is our money back then he can do what he likes.

Its alright for posters on here saying let him go etc but its not their money that had funded him but Blooms. Bet Bloom is thinking, you might think Im a mug and BHAFC use to be but any longer.

loads are feeling sorry for Vicente but bet he couldn't give a duck about you lot.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
This whole fiasco tells me more about most of the thoughts of the supporters who speak than it does of the mentality of Vicente. It says how we cannot for a second live with uncertainty. Left with little but our own senses our hopes will quickly wither and the all the world's movements are laced with betrayal. Flowers bloom with a poisonous pollen that chokes us so triffids'll have their day, and lollipop ladies in their deep luminous pockets have lists of the tastiest-looking children they'll nab and bake. We need a deity or prime minister with a heart or a newly-knitted character from Sesame Street that we "get" to emerge and tell us that everything will be ok, or that even it isn't that most things will remain and that life itself we should never feel ought be completely perfect, broken-hearted when it isn't. We're best not to rush to conclusions and believe them, i think. A more polished and reasonable time is spent with little more than a flash of concern rather than a doom-laden repetition of the thought horrors that just might be.
We're not pure good and he's not pure evil. I hope everything works out for everybody, all parties ending or rebeginning it all with a warm hug and a multicultural peck on each cheek.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
+ He's not the first overseas player to have a child and be in a different country
What kind of shit father wouldn't go home to be with his new born child?

indeed it happened to me when I was overseas for 5 years, didn't bleet and say I wanted to leave, just got on with it
Oh :blush:

:wink:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You're correct. I know I've said it doesn't bother me if he stays/goes but it does bother me about the money. He got a signing on fee and paid him well and got him fit now some Spanish team want him and will pay him well with the bonus of a signing on fee but won't pay a penny to us. All we want is our money back then he can do what he likes.

Its alright for posters on here saying let him go etc but its not their money that had funded him but Blooms. Bet Bloom is thinking, you might think Im a mug and BHAFC use to be but any longer.

loads are feeling sorry for Vicente but bet he couldn't give a duck about you lot.

It would be nice to think he would repay the faith Gus et al showed in him, but I understand he may prefer to return to Spain for family reasons... that's fine, if he and/or the Spanish club are willing to compensate us financially... that is fair all round IMHO...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This whole fiasco tells me more about most of the thoughts of the supporters who speak than it does of the mentality of Vicente. It says how we cannot for a second live with uncertainty. Left with little but our own senses our hopes will quickly wither and the all the world's movements are laced with betrayal. Flowers bloom with a poisonous pollen that chokes us so triffids'll have their day, and lollipop ladies in their deep luminous pockets have lists of the tastiest-looking children they'll nab and bake. We need a deity or prime minister with a heart or a newly-knitted character from Sesame Street that we "get" to emerge and tell us that everything will be ok, or that even it isn't that most things will remain and that life itself we should never feel ought be completely perfect, broken-hearted when it isn't. We're best not to rush to conclusions and believe them, i think. A more polished and reasonable time is spent with little more than a flash of concern rather than a doom-laden repetition of the thought horrors that just might be.
We're not pure good and he's not pure evil. I hope everything works out for everybody, all parties ending or rebeginning it all with a warm hug and a multicultural peck on each cheek.

I like your style... let's see what happens... one thing's for sure, Gus shouldn't have opened his mouth re the extension at the end of last season...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is true, unfortunately... but we are well within our rights to enforce the terms Vicente signed up to, i.e. not throw money down the drain if he choses to leave... thank goodness some on here don't look after the club's finances...

Totally agree with you.....case of wait and see..be interesting to c what happens re training on monday ..and also concentrate on other important matters ...much as i liked watching him he is only one player...and IF he goes hopefully he will be replaced by another creative player

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
THE AGENT-QUADRILLE

"Will you walk a little faster?" said the Agent to the Player,
"There's a Bailif close behind us, and he's after my wallet.
See how eagerly the Agents and the Clubs all advance!
They are waiting on the shingle -- will you come and join the dance?
Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, will you join the dance?
Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?

"You can really have no notion how delightful it will be
When they take us up and throw us, with the Agents, out to sea!"
But the Player replied "Too far, too far!" and gave a look askance --
Said he thanked the Manager kindly, but he would not join the dance.
Would not, could not, would not, could not, would not join the dance.
Would not, could not, would not, could not, could not join the dance.

"What matters it how far we go?" his scaly friend replied.
"There is another shore, you know, upon the other side.
The further off from England the nearer is to Spain --
Then turn not pale, beloved Player, but come and join the dance.
Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, will you join the dance?
Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you joint the dance?

With apologies to Lewis Carroll

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not a single thought about his family, particularly his newborn child. All your speculation is just total shit! you dont know a single thing about whats going on, do you????? And NO wouldn be your answer.

Why dont you just state facts instead of pretending you know whats going on.

someone else said I knew f*** all when I said we had deffo signed the keeper a week before it was announced. But as you were, like you say I know f*** all. Carry on.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Get relevant!! you made the point of saying Vicente owes the club for getting him fit!! I said he doesnt!!

Where did this come from.........

Read your posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here