Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Feb 14, 2010
I feel we now need to know Vicente's motivation before slagging him off... we don't even know that he wants out for sure, although the signs from the Spanish press are definitely not good... might be contract negotiation posturing? Assuming he now wants to play in Spain, then that is pretty sh1tty IMHO, especially after what our club has done for him... still, you have to factor in the new baby, missus, etc.

Anyway, assuming he wants to go, then we get money in compensation for the loss of his services, or he ain't going nowhere... HE SIGNED THE CONTACT... the rest is BS...

My boss has no interest in my personal circumstances and I dont think the Albion or anyone else sholud care about whether Vicente has a baby or not. Bottom line is that he signed a contract. Fulfil it or offer the Albion terms they want to accept.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
A lot of people here seem very quick to castigate Vicente without knowing the full story.

Ironic that loyalty is so often demanded of players and managers, yet so quick to be withdrawn by so-called fans without being in posession of the full facts of the case.

The dirrence being we dont sign any contracts

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
My boss has no interest in my personal circumstances and I dont think the Albion or anyone else sholud care about whether Vicente has a baby or not. Bottom line is that he signed a contract. Fulfil it or offer the Albion terms they want to accept.

Obviously your boss is a bit of a dick then!

Any employer or manager will take an interest in the personal circumstances of an employee - if only to ensure that they get the best value out of them.

Forcing Vicente to honour the second year when the club had already told him that they would leave the decision in his hands is pretty poor. I wouldn't want a player to be forced to play when they didn't wish to be at the club never mind in this country.

As had been said previously - there have been a lot of harsh comments about the player when no one has a clue what is really going on.

If he goes it will be sad - when he played last season I genuinely had a new feeling of excitement that will make this season start on a little bit more of a low point.

I'm just glad I held off getting my 2 boys "Vicente" shirts. Not sure who I would get now.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Anybody I work for is always made fully aware that my family are a higher priority than my job. Additionally i am always aware of the personal circumstances of anyone I employ or work with. Empathy, trust and understanding are (in my opinion) vital for a team to work efficiently.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Anybody I work for is always made fully aware that my family are a higher priority than my job. Additionally i am always aware of the personal circumstances of anyone I employ or work with. Empathy, trust and understanding are (in my opinion) vital for a team to work efficiently.

Absolutely and very well said.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
At the end of the day he's got the money Why dont he just offer to pay back what its cost us
that would be fair all round But he wont because he is coming across asa typical greedy football player
If he does offer to pay back then let him f*** off back home If not then let him rot Get him back with no intention of playing him

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Why is it a shame?..Lets get some perspective here, he was injured for 3/4 of the season, no doubt getting paid for it. Came back in for the last dozen or so games where we slipped from 4th to 11th in that time and all Poyet said was IF he had been fit all season we would have had 12 more points..Based on what???, certainly not the last 12 games...We have got him fit and now he wants to drop us in the shit and hold the club to ransom, there is certainly no man love coming from this direction. Players like Vicente end up getting managers the sack and clubs relegated. Not to mention the fans who just pay more and more and more, just so people like him can shaft everyone.
So how you going to feel if he comes back and starts winning games for us?? We have had no statement from Mr V himself, I for one would be a very happy chap to see him come back, who knows what is going on behind the scenes.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why is it a shame?..Lets get some perspective here, he was injured for 3/4 of the season, no doubt getting paid for it. Came back in for the last dozen or so games where we slipped from 4th to 11th in that time and all Poyet said was IF he had been fit all season we would have had 12 more points..Based on what???, certainly not the last 12 games...We have got him fit and now he wants to drop us in the shit and hold the club to ransom, there is certainly no man love coming from this direction. Players like Vicente end up getting managers the sack and clubs relegated. Not to mention the fans who just pay more and more and more, just so people like him can shaft everyone.

So you're saying he's our Tino Asprilla?

Interesting.

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
Im not bothered if he stays or goes. Id rather watch noone myself. People are wetting themselfs over Vicente hitting the bar against Derby and that goal against Ipswich. Big bloody deal.

Thought Bennetts goal against Walsaw away last season was better.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So how you going to feel if he comes back and starts winning games for us?? We have had no statement from Mr V himself, I for one would be a very happy chap to see him come back, who knows what is going on behind the scenes.

I would be very happy to see him come back, but not just on his terms. The long and short of it is, he wants more money per week than what he is on atm, end of....I for one don't see why he should get it, he was happy enough last season but now what's more and I say, bollocks to him. If he came back chances are he would end up out half the season anyway. I'm starting to think we should just move on, all this Vicente stuff may make us take our eyes off of other targets.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
At the end of the day he's got the money Why dont he just offer to pay back what its cost us
that would be fair all round But he wont because he is coming across asa typical greedy football player
If he does offer to pay back then let him f*** off back home If not then let him rot Get him back with no intention of playing him

I completely disagree. You are reading into what his agent has said, and also buying what the Spanish press are saying.
If anything he is coming across as someone who (with the help of others) has found a new lease of life and wants to enjoy the remainder of his playing career while also prioritising his family.

He has every right to want the best for him and his family, if he thinks that the best option is Spain then fine. He owes the club nothing.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I would be very happy to see him come back, but not just on his terms. The long and short of it is, he wants more money per week than what he is on atm, end of....I for one don't see why he should get it, he was happy enough last season but now what's more and I say, bollocks to him. If he came back chances are he would end up out half the season anyway. I'm starting to think we should just move on, all this Vicente stuff may make us take our eyes off of other targets.

Sorry, KevTheRev, but I haven't seen anything saying that Vicente is asking for more money from us. Where did that come from - one of your own sources, or did I miss a post from someone in the know?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I'm saying the facts are there for everyone to see. Great player no doubt, did he actually improve our results overall. Very questionable.

I'm a bit bored of these stats as they mean nothing without context, eg who else was playing, minutes on the pitch, the opponents, pass completion etc.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sorry, KevTheRev, but I haven't seen anything saying that Vicente is asking for more money from us. Where did that come from - one of your own sources, or did I miss a post from someone in the know?

On this forum. you pays your money and takes your choice what and whom you believe. But i'm far to old and so don't give a shit what people think of me to make things up just to get attention.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm saying the facts are there for everyone to see. Great player no doubt, did he actually improve our results overall. Very questionable.

I wasn't knocking. I asked in this thread or maybe another, there's so many Vicente ones, what our win percentage with and with out him actually was?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

But how do you know the terms of his contract last year. Was he on pay as you play, possibly.
If he was, this year he would want a contract that paid him weekly, cos his fitness at the end of last season was proven, so is he not entitled to negotiate a better weekly deal, seeing as he is by a long street the best player in the Champioship, and as Gus said, and the fans proved with their aduration.
Not one person on this board knows the real reason why ehasnt signed yet.
Is all this Spanish 2nd div club talk just spin and paper talk, would you believe a journalist 100%, I wouldnt. Again nobody on this board knows

I would say stop slagging him off until we know for sure.
You ended up with egg on your face with your comments about him last season, something to do with nailing your bollox to a board or something, you dont want to eat humble pie again do you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here