Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
So basically, nothing at all has changed since the first post on this thread apart from some positive talks?

Precisely, people know absolutely feck all what's going on in his life and in the ongoing negotiations. But judging by a large amount posts on here you would have thought that he had appeared in a press conference and in pigeon English
" I refuse to play with you siiiiily Brigton nincumpoops. I fart in the general direction of your slanty roofed annexed community stadium. You and your poopy English weather make me vomit up my paella. But I have last laugh you piss teeth Brigton Nancy boys. You got me fitness and football bravery back and I go back to Elche bolthole never to return. Tony Bloom is a hamster and Gus Poyet smells of blueberrys. Now release me from my contract or I shall taunt you a second time"

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What papers, and why haven't they been linked to in this thread?

Where did I see the quote from his agent then? The one saying his agent had a meeting with BHA yesterday? He had stressed Vicente's dissatisfaction with us using the second year clause and we'd reneged on a deal that we would not do that? I read it somewhere... I read too much, I get confused!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think BHA have caused the problem by not invoking the 2nd year clause earlier. Had they done that at the end of the season it would have been clear to all parties that we wanted him to stay. We could have continued to negotiate a better contract which may or may not have been agreed but we would have avoided all this speculation from another club. We could still have been in a position to release him if he was adamant he was going to play in Spain (which would be fair). Fact is, by not doing this we opened the door to Elche (or whatever they are called). Bad management by the club. Having said that, it worked out well with Calderon when there were many on here who slated him before he re-signed!

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
What papers, and why haven't they been linked to in this thread?

The Argus - and it hasn't been linked back to this thread, because it just seems to be mainly a rehash of all the speculation in this thread. The only extra it seemed to add was the Elche claims that Vicente wanted out of Brighton to join them (but this doesn't seen to be backed up by any comments or quotes from Vicente or his agent) and that the agent was on his way over for talks (but not clarifying the agent's agenda). So, nothing concrete to confirm either way, unless you believe Elche's claims.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Precisely, people know absolutely feck all what's going on in his life and in the ongoing negotiations. But judging by a large amount posts on here you would have thought that he had appeared in a press conference and in pigeon English
" I refuse to play with you siiiiily Brigton nincumpoops. I fart in the general direction of your slanty roofed annexed community stadium. You and your poopy English weather make me vomit up my paella. But I have last laugh you piss teeth Brigton Nancy boys. You got me fitness and football bravery back and I go back to Elche bolthole never to return. Tony Bloom is a hamster and Gus Poyet smells of blueberrys. Now release me from my contract or I shall taunt you a second time"
Possibly the most sensible post I have read on this thread

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Extremely bored with the whole affair now .

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Without a doubt the stupidest posts on here are the ones judging Vicente for not making a public statement yet saying adios and thanks for everything. Even if, and it is still if, he is set on leaving then it's almost certain he will have been instructed not to say anything publicly before negotiations are finalised. If he does go I would be amazed if he doesn't come out publicly thanking the club and the fans for his time here.

And as for the revisionists now conveniently trotting out appearance to results stats for last season, aren't you forgetting the most important thing about watching football = the desire to be entertained and moved by moments of brilliance. Please tell me who else in this great club's history has made you feel anything like Vicente did when he went on that mazy run and nearly bust the cross bar against Peterborough, or scored one of the greatest indiviual goals you're likely to see up at Ipswich?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Vicente is king. I don't blame him one bit. Like i said before, im happy he as graced our pitch. Cant believe people creamed themselves when he signed and now he "may want out" people slagging him and saying all sorts of sh*t about the great one...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The Argus - and it hasn't been linked back to this thread, because it just seems to be mainly a rehash of all the speculation in this thread. The only extra it seemed to add was the Elche claims that Vicente wanted out of Brighton to join them (but this doesn't seen to be backed up by any comments or quotes from Vicente or his agent) and that the agent was on his way over for talks (but not clarifying the agent's agenda). So, nothing concrete to confirm either way, unless you believe Elche's claims.

So nothing to really act as if he has already gone and we are just negotiating an exit plan for him.

Also, even if there was something more definitive, I point to this article posted three days before CMS signed for us: Leicester boss Sven Goran Eriksson is set to win the race to sign Craig Mackail-Smith | The Sun |Sport|Football and this one two days before CMS signed for us: Sven Goran Eriksson is backing Craig Mackail-Smith to fire Leicester to the Premier League | The Sun |Sport|Football highlighting the fallibility of the press, even with quotes from managers.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Please tell me who else in this great club's history has made you feel anything like Vicente did when he went on that mazy run and nearly bust the cross bar against Peterborough, or scored one of the greatest indiviual goals you're likely to see up at Ipswich?

I think you mean Derby?!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Headline in our local paper this morning:

Fire crews called to rescue seagull stranded in a Birmingham gutter

.................... doubtless he had been out drowning his sorrows over our failure to resolve the Vicente situation

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Come on, we can surely get this up to 50 pages. Anyone got any pics of Vicente's pet cat/dog/slow-worm or anything else we can bulk the thread out with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here