The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
NSC baffles me sometimes. Let's face it, there are more facts to say he is saying than there are to say he is leaving.
FACT: He agreed to the 2nd year option before they got pregnant.
FACT: He was negotiating a new deal right before his wife gave birth.
FACT: He said he would like to stay.

The only fact on the other side is that Elche could be interested. All the rest has come from unreliable sources.

Don't get me wrong he may leave (like any player who is contracted to us) but why are people basing their opinions on the rumours and not the facts?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We played around 30 games last season without him, it isn't like he's our talisman.

In fact the games he did play in regularly towards the end of the season co-incided with one of our worst runs - a magnificent luxury and we'll be just fine without him

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FACT: He agreed to the 2nd year option before they got pregnant.
That gives more reason for him to leave. If he agreed to 2 years after she was pregnant, we'd know he wanted to be here even when he had a baby, but he planned to stay here before he realised he was having a son.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
In fact the games he did play in regularly towards the end of the season co-incided with one of our worst runs - a magnificent luxury and we'll be just fine without him

I'd love him back I just don't think we were a one man team as you rightly point out... I'll thank him for his flashes of brilliance and move on quite happily knowing we'll still be as good without him.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
That gives more reason for him to leave. If he agreed to 2 years after she was pregnant, we'd know he wanted to be here even when he had a baby, but he planned to stay here before he realised he was having a son.

But you'd think he'd realise that something like this would happen?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I think the club were stupid by extending his contract behind his back.

The fact that we helped him regain his fitness & we feel that he owes us some loyalty for that is debate able.

If he does comeback then everybody will ask the same question.is he here because he wants to be or because he has to be.

On top of that I think the way we have behaved in the last few days will make it harder for us to convince other players to sign a similar contract to Vicente.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
On top of that I think the way we have behaved in the last few days will make it harder for us to convince other players to sign a similar contract to Vicente.

Why shouldn't the club re-coup some money from someone that was allegedly washed up physically and mentally and was given the chance to shine again after our hard earned paid for him to get fit and get right in his head? I think the club has done absolutely what they should do and if Mr Vicente is too prima donna to thank the club and fans or even give them a clear message, then in my book that is a player taking the piss. Well done to BHAFC I say, no one player should ever hold a club to ransom. We've lost players like Lawrenson in the past, we don't lie down and die, we get on with business... simple as.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think the club were stupid by extending his contract behind his back.

The fact that we helped him regain his fitness & we feel that he owes us some loyalty for that is debate able.

If he does comeback then everybody will ask the same question.is he here because he wants to be or because he has to be.

If the club inserted a one way option clause, without a guaranteed year option for the player if requested, I would suspect that this was factored into his overall package last season, so the club in a sense have already paid for this option and are clearly correct to trigger it if desired.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
So basically, nothing at all has changed since the first post on this thread apart from some positive talks?

I am a man of honour and if I make an agreement I will stick to it. At the time he signed the contract he was happy with it.BHAFC have kept to their side of the bargain and the fact his wife got pregnant, as far as I know, was not the fault of Tony Bloom or Gus. He is only under contract for one more year so I really don`t think a knew born baby would be affected by this.It was probably only through the fine work of the BHA medical staff that he was able to complete the conception without calling for a substitution to finish it off for him. If he was a real man,he would have made a statement by now, saying that he will honour his agreement and do his best to repay all that BHAFC have done for him.He has already stated last season that he was very happy with his contract at Brighton and I`m sure his situation at Brighton is far better than that of any of the fans that are backing him up on here.Vicente, you are a weak individual and this club neither wants or needs you.We should get compensation for all we have done for him and then say good riddance to a very talented but weak man.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I am neither for or against an argument here, I haven't read through the 16 pages (40 per page) and have just added on to the end, I have no idea if this is a bitchfest or not. I am neither for or against Vicente. I do believe we were right to trigger the second year, we nursed him through his fragile state of physicality/mind and I think we deserve some compensation for that. He only featured in 19 games, full and sub and we didn't do brilliantly, but his flashes of brilliance had us standing up every time he got the ball. I would love to have him back, firing on all cylinders, but it looks very unlikely sadly. He hasn't repaid the loyalty afforded him by the club, which is a shame because his career exudes loyalty. But if he does come back I'll be getting Vicente on the back of my shirt, because he is sexy football personified and I'll support his every move at the Amex and away. He is quality and I love him.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I can't believe how over the top people are being. We know naff all about what is happening. If he stays great and if not then we get cash and move on. We had to extend his contract, have you not seen jerry McGuire....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The absolutism and negativity in this thread seems extreme, even by nsc standards. "No way back for him now, just negotiating an exit"? "Contract extended behind his back"? "He's off then"?

I know we're not used to good things at this club, but look back on the past year or so. Look at how no one expected us to sign CMS because Norwich, Leicester and West Ham were interested. Even this month, people gave up on us signing Kuszczak because Ipswich were interested.

Let's not rule anything out, just yet, eh?

The fact that he has an addition to the family should be immaterial as having a baby doesn't happen in a couple of weeks so knowing the expected date he has had plenty of time to talk to the club and negotiate a move, if that is what he wants. Presumably the baby was conceived after he had signed a contract and both him and his partner knew that he would be here, possibly for 2 years.

Gus had been telling him we wouldn't stand in his way, so why would he feel the need to negotiate?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
So basically, nothing at all has changed since the first post on this thread apart from some positive talks?

Unfortunately I don't think that your logic is going to get in the way of the hysterical outbursts that have peppered this thread. Talk about over emotional reactions, Salem's witch hunt comes to mind!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The absolutism and negativity in this thread seems extreme, even by nsc standards. "No way back for him now, just negotiating an exit"? "Contract extended behind his back"? "He's off then"?

To be fair Acker, I don't know if it has been brought up in the thread (sure it has), but his agent is trying to negotiate a way out of him staying at Brighton for a second year, if the papers are right (yeah I know!).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To be fair Acker, I don't know if it has been brought up in the thread (sure it has), but his agent is trying to negotiate a way out of him staying at Brighton for a second year, if the papers are right (yeah I know!).

What papers, and why haven't they been linked to in this thread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports