Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At the beginning of June, I'd love to have seen Vicente back in an Albion shirt, but now at the end of the month I'd personally rather he just f*** off. He's now left a very sour taste, and I don't want him playing for us. I wouldn't let him go though, and now I'd rather he rotted in the background if Elche aren't willing to pay for him. f*** em and f*** him.
Fans are such wankers. He was great for us and I'll be gutted if he doesn't come back, but we have no idea what he's promised us etc, and I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to be in Spain with his baby. He may not even have a choice (SWMBO).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Completely agreed. We're obsessed in this country with needing to take a side on things, before knowing ANY of the context, often.

Exactly. I'm glad his English is crap. If he read some of the posts on here, you could forgive him for thinking: "Well if that's the way they feel, f*ck them - I'm definitely not going back."

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As long as a fee is involved, that's fine.

If he is signing a 2 year deal with a smallish Spanish league club and explicitly agrees not to sign for another British club the fee could be nominal and undisclosed , both parties are in a win-win situation.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tweet from Elche president 5 hours ago: "The signings of Vicente and Corminas will be closed soon."

Doesn't sound good :(

Can everyone remember the vast majority on here were saying 'if he does go i hope it's back to Spain and i'll wish him well'. So act with some class and respect yeh. Plus as Mellotron just said we know NOTHING about negotiations. IMO Gus should never have said the 90% / 95% quote on this - it got people too excitedand even more pissed off that it isn't gonna happen now.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
As far as I'm concerned Vicente has done nothing wrong whatsoever yet and I still would love to have him back with us, and I believe it will still happen.

Anyone that's telling him to f*** off without knowing anything other than what we've been told already is stupid in my view.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm an optimist by nature but I'm sure he's not coming back. No problem, the glass is always half full these days. We thank him for, albeit briefly, lighting up our lives so we can at least say "we were there", get a fair fee for him and move onwards and upwards.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
If Vicente don't want to come back then lets just call it a day and move on. Any fee we get for him will be a bonus and will go some way to bringing the next Vicente to the Amex.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Negotiations with his agent went well today, but no concrete news as yet. Hopefully this will be a longer deal to keep him at the Amex.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Wow you are optimistic. Did you not read the thread.

Vicente is off unfortunately. Its 95%. Going to happen imminently...

Seriously tho, he is off.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Negotiations with his agent went well today, but no concrete news as yet. Hopefully this will be a longer deal to keep him at the Amex.

give it up, it aint gonna happen. only talks were to get Vicente out of contract as cheaply as possible

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011

Exactly! People getting angry at Vicente when he hasn't said a single word - how will you feel if he stays?

Spanish reports are often unreliable and even if he does leave its not because he doesn't want to stay, it's because his wife wants to be in Spain.

As far as I'm concerned, he is playing for us next season until HE says otherwise. By the way the last thing he said (to the press) was that he wanted to stay. He even started negotiating a new contract for Christ's sake. Yes, he may leave and it's fair enough if he does, but I'm actually quietly confident. Put it this way, there's more chance of him staying than the chance we had of signing him last season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He ain't coming back, 16 pages (on 40 posts per page), just accept it, he used us, he's got his appetite back and it ain't for us. Life moves on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well it seems like he's off then......it was a pleasure Vicente.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We played around 30 games last season without him, it isn't like he's our talisman.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Vicente who?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here