Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We shall probably never know ......." The club and the representatives of Vincente have reach an agreement ,Vincente has been released from his contract forthwith . The club thanks vincente for his time at the club and wishes him and his family well for the future, no further statements will be made "........is probably how we get the news.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gus should never had said we had a 19/20 chance of signing him.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We shall probably never know ......." The club and the representatives of Vincente have reach an agreement ,Vincente has been released from his contract forthwith . The club thanks vincente for his time at the club and wishes him and his family well for the future, no further statements will be made "........is probably how we get the news.

Guess thats probably going to be the size of it, could do with a few new signing announcements to dull the pain!

is Owen still available?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Gus should never had said we had a 19/20 chance of signing him.

Don't think any fan will disagree with you, fans on here have said the whole Vicente extension announcement has been a PR disaster, it has. Poyet is a top coach with modern ideas but he can't keep his gob shut.

The very special signing, 90-95% done etc, there have been many un-neccesary false dawns with players only because of Poyets words. Ignorance and suprises really are bliss

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Wow, just clicked on this thread for the first time in a few days. He's going?? Can someone sum up whats happened? I knew the baby factor would signal the end :(

The thing is fella, nobody knows and nothing is confirmed if he is actually leaving us. Just a few snippets here and the odd tweet there but no actual hard facts. His agent was over here talking to our people today, and Elche seem to be showing an interest, these are the only known facts. The other stuff has just been discussed and made "fact" on this board.
Basically NO ONE KNOWS

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Elche paper/blog 2 hours old

Vicente Rodriguez knows the interest of Elche to be done with their services after was one of his coaches in his previous spell at Valencia CF Escribá Fran. The footballer Benicalap is welcomed to join the ranks of all franjiverde for next season, however, must detract year contract in the First Division Brigthon English is the main impediment to Elche for ex internacional .

To our latest knowledge, Vincent has spoken to his club and has shown his intention to return to Spain, arguing that it has recently become a father and wants to be near family. The Spaniard could even pay part of his buyout clause to break the contract that is linked to the English team.

Elche would offer two-year contract and an annual tab is somewhere between 300,000 and 400,000 euros. To which the player would agree to it.

Let's wait a few days to see how events unfold, but Elche not willing to pay its clause from England, so that "good work" of the player with his current club to secure is essential for this transfer to a successful conclusion.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Don't think any fan will disagree with you, fans on here have said the whole Vicente extension announcement has been a PR disaster, it has. Poyet is a top coach with modern ideas but he can't keep his gob shut.

The very special signing, 90-95% done etc, there have been many un-neccesary false dawns with players only because of Poyets words. Ignorance and suprises really are bliss

Agreed, Poyet does say some stupid things at times

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don't think it is unreasonable that he wants to move back to Spain and I doubt it's about money as Elche are a small club and only get gates of around 8,000. However, if he did have intentions of returning to Spain, he was foolish in signing the contract he did last year and we have every right to invoke the 2nd year.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Elche paper/blog 2 hours old

Vicente Rodriguez knows the interest of Elche to be done with their services after was one of his coaches in his previous spell at Valencia CF Escribá Fran. The footballer Benicalap is welcomed to join the ranks of all franjiverde for next season, however, must detract year contract in the First Division Brigthon English is the main impediment to Elche for ex internacional .

To our latest knowledge, Vincent has spoken to his club and has shown his intention to return to Spain, arguing that it has recently become a father and wants to be near family. The Spaniard could even pay part of his buyout clause to break the contract that is linked to the English team.

Elche would offer two-year contract and an annual tab is somewhere between 300,000 and 400,000 euros. To which the player would agree to it.

Let's wait a few days to see how events unfold, but Elche not willing to pay its clause from England, so that "good work" of the player with his current club to secure is essential for this transfer to a successful conclusion.

That does sound pretty final, if accurate. He must be really keen if he's willing to buy himself out. Wonder how Bruno is feeling about all this. Could be nicely set up for Bruno to knuckle down and become an absolute legend in the face of, if not adversity, then certainly some disappoitment.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don't think it is unreasonable that he wants to move back to Spain and I doubt it's about money as Elche are a small club and only get gates of around 8,000. However, if he did have intentions of returning to Spain, he was foolish in signing the contract he did last year and we have every right to invoke the 2nd year.

His other half wouldn't have been pregnant when he signed for us, she would have fallen pregnant not long afterwards but it wouldn't have been a factor to consider when he signed the original deal.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
we have every right to invoke the 2nd year.

And that's why we should have done it from the very beginning. Vicente would have known he was tied in for another year, and Elche and Villareal would not been allowed to approach him.

As someone said at the time, "why negotiate an option and then not use it?"

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
This is hardly the end of the world, the situation we find ourselves in now is better than if he'd happily stayed but couldn't play because of injury niggles. A likely scenario we aren't unfamiliar with.
If he wants out then thanks but f***ing do one! The club want something for getting him to a level where he's actually an asset and rightly so.
Sort it out quick and move on, free up the money and use it to target someone else, we'll be OK with or without Vicente.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
That does sound pretty final, if accurate. He must be really keen if he's willing to buy himself out. Wonder how Bruno is feeling about all this. Could be nicely set up for Bruno to knuckle down and become an absolute legend in the face of, if not adversity, then certainly some disappoitment.

I can just imagine the text next april:

Bruno: We are doing amazing, we are pretty much sure of automatic promotion and who would of thought the semi's in the FA cup! Oh and i might be player of the season.
Vicente: Oh...i am playing in front of 4000 people and a bottle of Rioja. Ask Gus if i can come back...
Bruno: Gus says your a two timing, double faced, lying bastard and you can go **** yourself.
Vicente: Oh...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This is hardly the end of the world, the situation we find ourselves in now is better than if he'd happily stayed but couldn't play because of injury niggles. A likely scenario we aren't unfamiliar with.
If he wants out then thanks but f***ing do one! The club want something for getting him to a level where he's actually an asset and rightly so.
Sort it out quick and move on, free up the money and use it to target someone else, we'll be OK with or without Vicente.

A good assessment of the situation.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well I doubt he came here thinking "this is going to be rubbish, I'll go back to Valencia in a year". Whether it's because he didn't enjoy it, his wife, family, changing circumstances with another kid, who knows. But he didn't have to leave Spain in the first place.

It does seem most likely that it is down to family/personal reasons, everything coming out of Spain is saying that and according to that last report Elche are going to be paying him about £6k a week so it's hardly for the money.

That does make the whole situation with the 95% comments seem very strange. :shrug:

Last edited:

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Bored now! Loved watching him play for us but oh well...all this will he won't he saga..yawn. The king is dead..long live the king.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Vicente is the way it is SPELT!!! Not Vincente...... Dear god! :ffsparr:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here