Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, at least when he is fit. :lolol:
Suddenly it all makes sense. Last year he wasn't match fit, so he wore the trouser and chose to come here. Now he's fit he's in shorts, so she wears the trousers and he's back in Spain. Obvious really.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Is this true? Didn't he have several higher offers than ours, but chose us anyway?

Some chose to think that but it's pure speculation. My "speculation" is he didn't have a whole load of options and we represented the best (financially) at the time. Suggesting he came here because of our vision and/or Gus is a nice thought but doesn't feel in anyway realistic to me. I can see a player who is offered say, £80K a week rejecting a club for 100K given they are loaded anyway (even though the reality is different) but these guys on more modest money (ha!) will chase it much more given their short earning life I reckon

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I would like the club say to Vicente: You can leave for a fee.

Given the effort that's gone into him I don't see why we should let him leave for free.

If Elche want him for free they can f*** off frankly.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Poyet's cool about it,

Poyet stays cool as Vicente linked with Spain return From The Argus)

It's a little re-assuring hearing that from Poyet, but I still think it's completely on the fence.

Reading that, it just goes to show that the Club did the right thing in exercising their Option. Words like "engineer" demonstrate their back-handed dealings. I hope the Club play strong-arm over this. Too many players need kicking into place, and he appears to be our problem child. They want too much money, and expect heats and flowers from clubs in return.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yes it is a statement of fact. Perhaps he had higher paid options, but it does not alter this fact. He is foreign, he is getting paid to play football. Ergo, it is a fact.

Fact? Was it announced? Genuine question, I thought it was the more romantic of our brotherhood that put this about

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would like the club say to Vicente: You can leave for a fee.

Given the effort that's gone into him I don't see why we should let him leave for free.

If Elche want him for free they can f*** off frankly.

Spot on... we are NOT a FCUKING charity FFS...

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Or, the Messiah is changing a shitty nappy right now....................

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Still no news which could mean 1. A new offer has been made which is being mulled over. 2. The club have put a price on Vicente's head which Elche are considering. 3. The parties involved have all got drunk and have fallen asleep.

4. All parties involved are still sat around the table, but instead of negotiating the contract they are staring at a laptop laughing at all of us idiots getting so wound up about it...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That sounds pretty bad for our hopes of keeping him imo. A surly disgruntled Vicente will be useless to us, Gus being relaxed is not anything other than him being philosophical imo, I seem to remember him being relaxed about Crofts, Murray and Bennett leaving.

Let's hope it's bollocks

I can't see any way back for him ... any discussions now are about trying to come to an agreement on how he goes. No point in us forcing him to stay and then he picks up the mystery injury in pre season and we pay his wages for a year and get nothing. At some point we may have to be pragmatic and cancel his contract ... it's a real fukker but no sensible businessman is going to pay him £xK a week to not play but at least it stops him playing for the Spanish mob, that's daft.

It's a case of who can bluff the best I reckon

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, having just read the latest Argus article, I would say he is almost certainly going, so let's just get the money from the Spanish club / him / both... let's see just how much he wants to stay in Spain (understandable)...

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I think the involvement of his former colleague at Elche seems to be important in explaining their interest and his apparent enthusiasm to go there. It makes more sense now why Vicente would be attracted such a small club.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I can't see any way back for him ... any discussions now are about trying to come to an agreement on how he goes. No point in us forcing him to stay and then he picks up the mystery injury in pre season and we pay his wages for a year and get nothing. At some point we may have to be pragmatic and cancel his contract ... it's a real fukker but no sensible businessman is going to pay him £xK a week to not play but at least it stops him playing for the Spanish mob, that's daft.

It's a case of who can bluff the best I reckon

I'll answer that... Tony...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here