Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Interesting to me that quite a few posters have chosen to blame this "hiccup" in negotiations on Vicente's agent/advisers (without, as far as I am aware, any evidence of what has actually occurred during the negotiations). But whoever these advisers are, they are employed/retained by Vicente. If he felt they weren't representing him to his satisfaction, he has the power to intercede and, ultimately, fire them if necessary.

Surely if he had truly wanted to have wrapped up a new deal with the club by now, he could have made that happen. In short, if there's any "blame" to be attached then doesn't it have to be at the door of Vicente himself, rather than his supposed money-grabbing Big Bad agent?

I certainly hope these negotiations are resolved successfully and he signs a new, extended contract with the Albion. But if that doesn't happen, I would suggest it will be because Vicente ultimately didn't want it to happen.

Maybe, but of course we'd be foolish to think that an agent isn't motivated by a larger chunk of '10%'. If a particular deal is more financially beneficial I am sure the agent will try and 'sell it'.

Interesting to me that quite a few posters have chosen to blame this "hiccup" in negotiations on Vicente's agent/advisers (without, as far as I am aware, any evidence of what has actually occurred during the negotiations). But whoever these advisers are, they are employed/retained by Vicente. If he felt they weren't representing him to his satisfaction, he has the power to intercede and, ultimately, fire them if necessary.

Surely if he had truly wanted to have wrapped up a new deal with the club by now, he could have made that happen. In short, if there's any "blame" to be attached then doesn't it have to be at the door of Vicente himself, rather than his supposed money-grabbing Big Bad agent?

I certainly hope these negotiations are resolved successfully and he signs a new, extended contract with the Albion. But if that doesn't happen, I would suggest it will be because Vicente ultimately didn't want it to happen.

Hallelujah...some sense.

Way too much emotion running here. We don't know the details here, other than Vicente and his advisors will look after Vicente and BHA and the powers that be will look after us.

Sure hope there is some middle ground to be found and hope it's a long and happy stay for Vicente and his family in Brighton.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I actually think that it does sound great. We might not get Vicente but the message is clear and now out there-Brighton and Hove Albion will not get mugged again. We are not the soft touch that Withdean made us for all those years.

He might be tiny but don't f*** with Tony Bloom.

You are right.

I am not so bothered about the bloke now to be honest.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
My last info was all was going well - must have taken a turn for the worse in the last few days (or just getting too close to the deadline).
I hope there wasn't a gentlemens agreement which has been broken (one way or the other) - but even if there was Vicente had a legally binding contract.

seagullfromamex

Apr 6, 2012
I actually have a friend who scouts for Croatian league 1 team in Soain, and he knows Heredia Triguero, Vicentes agent.

Friend asked him if he can explain all the fuss surrounding Vicente, here is what friend told me:

Vicente is considering his options, but will happily finish the season in Brighton and Hove. There were lack of negotiations due to family events Vicente had last days. Vicente could not fly back to England before 5th of next month , so the only option left for the club was to utilize a contract clause if they want to keep the man. As I said, he is happy to finish the season in Brighton and Hove Albion.

Celebrate now lads!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I actually have a friend who scouts for Croatian league 1 team in Soain, and he knows Heredia Triguero, Vicentes agent.

Friend asked him if he can explain all the fuss surrounding Vicente, here is what friend told me:

Vicente is considering his options, but will happily finish the season in Brighton and Hove. There were lack of negotiations due to family events Vicente had last days. Vicente could not fly back to England before 5th of next month , so the only option left for the club was to utilize a contract clause if they want to keep the man. As I said, he is happy to finish the season in Brighton and Hove Albion.

Celebrate now lads!

I'll take the wrapper off the Champers now but won't pop it till the 5th when I hear it from the man himself.

Thanks for posting though

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

I actually think that it does sound great. We might not get Vicente but the message is clear and now out there-Brighton and Hove Albion will not get mugged again. We are not the soft touch that Withdean made us for all those years.

He might be tiny but don't f*** with Tony Bloom.

To true Rob.

"You 're never F*ck with the Albion, You 're never F*ck with the Albion".

The man is the Bollocks.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

Celebrate now lads!

Blimey this is turning into an emotional roller coaster this thread!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Celebrate now lads!

OK that's positive ... let's hope it's accurate

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It is completely normal for anyone to try and ensure they are in the best negotiating position, be they club or player.

This type of wrangling is commonplace and has certainly been seen in football before.

Everyone should just chill the f*** out as the situation will be resolved eventually.

Personally, seeing Vicente play was one of the many highlights of last season and I would love to see him lining up for the Albion in the coming season. But if he did leave, I wouldn't be bitter about it, I'd rather just remember the good times.

So while we're waiting, can we have one of those poll things like the chocolate bar one from earlier this year? Maybe about crisps?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Celebrate now lads!

This sounds positive, and Diego Heredia Triguero is indeed his agent. Fingers crossed. As others have said, it's win-win for the club, though. Either we get Vicente for the season, or we sell him and get a fee.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Celebrate now lads!

Thanks for that! Someone mentioned emotional roller coaster? I shall cry whichever way this saga goes!

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Taken and translated from the Spanish press this morining.

Vicente espera contestar esta semana a la oferta (Vicente expected to respond this week to the offer)

Vicente Rodríguez can become the signing star Elche 2012-13, and as advanced AS yesterday. The Valencian end is seriously considering the possibility in the Martinez Valero. The interest that has been franjiverde in his signing entity and the fact that Fran Escribà, its great supporter, take the bench can cause still Brighton player to accept the proposal of the Elche.Vicente intends to respond before this week to offer franjiverde. The club looks forward to your decision. The signing of the end takes cooking in the Martinez Valero offices for two weeks. Even the Elche you has already made the player two different offers. But Vicente has one one year contract with Brighton and one of the main problems that can be found to return to Spain is the decision of the English club retain him and not to facilitate his exit.Nevertheless, the Elche expected Vincent to accept the challenge and answer between later this week and the beginning of the next. Vincent has become interested by the project and the city. In fact, you been consulted their closest circle where it could accommodate with his family. If finally you not curdled the signing from Valencia, Ayoze, end of the Sporting, is in the Chamber. The Canary was already on the agenda of the Elche a few months ago.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Taken and translated from the Spanish press this morining.

Vicente espera contestar esta semana a la oferta (Vicente expected to respond this week to the offer)

Vicente Rodríguez can become the signing star Elche 2012-13, and as advanced AS yesterday. The Valencian end is seriously considering the possibility in the Martinez Valero. The interest that has been franjiverde in his signing entity and the fact that Fran Escribà, its great supporter, take the bench can cause still Brighton player to accept the proposal of the Elche.Vicente intends to respond before this week to offer franjiverde. The club looks forward to your decision. The signing of the end takes cooking in the Martinez Valero offices for two weeks. Even the Elche you has already made the player two different offers. But Vicente has one one year contract with Brighton and one of the main problems that can be found to return to Spain is the decision of the English club retain him and not to facilitate his exit.Nevertheless, the Elche expected Vincent to accept the challenge and answer between later this week and the beginning of the next. Vincent has become interested by the project and the city. In fact, you been consulted their closest circle where it could accommodate with his family. If finally you not curdled the signing from Valencia, Ayoze, end of the Sporting, is in the Chamber. The Canary was already on the agenda of the Elche a few months ago.

I think Elche seem to be missing the point that they now can't speak to Vicente or offer him a contract, as he's under contract to us. However, I'm sure we would let him go if he decides he wants to play there.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think Elche seem to be missing the point that they now can't speak to Vicente or offer him a contract, as he's under contract to us. However, I'm sure we would let him go if he decides he wants to play there.

As long as they have sufficient funds to meet our transfer fee demands, surely?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
If he doesn't want to stay, but sticks to his contract we may be able to change his mind over the coming months. If not as Bozza says, at least the club and the fans have bent over backwards over the last twelve months to get him fit and make his stay on the South Coast a good one.
If he cannot recognise that, then so be it, thanks for the memory and good luck in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here