Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Great Potter Revolution Is Here

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Potter could ring up Lampard and say something like.

So Frank, you know those two strikers you’ve got … your top two scorers, last season, yes that’s it, the World Cup winner and the young England player …… yes, that’s them …. You couldn’t see fit to … you know …. Sell them to us could you? You could? Great, thanks. Put them on the line would you? Hi, Tammy, hi Olivier, I’m Graham. We’d like you to come to Brighton instead. Is that OK? You’re both up for it, that’s marvellous. I agree, the Champions League is an overrated competition, you don’t want to doing all of that .. no, no I’m sure your wives will be fine with you agreeing to half your pay. See you in Lancing, ta ta”.

Yes, and we’re calling Leeds fans deluded!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You don't offload 7 players with first team credentials in one transfer window.

Anyway what's the rush to throw away, didn't we have a 22 or 23 man squad last season?
There's room for a few 'nailed on starters' to get Montoyaed.

We named a 24 man squad after the January transfer window, but it included Locadia (who we then loaned out to the MLS), Izquierdo (permanently injured) and Andrew Crofts (Under 23 coach named cause we had no-one else). So essentially a 21 man squad.

We've also lost Kayal and The Greyhound from that squad, but they've already been replaced by Lallana and Veltman. We've also got to name White, Mac Allister and Alzate in the squad next season.

I reckon Duffy and Montoya will be moved on, as will Ali J and possibly one of Propper or Stephens (more than likely Propper as he's got a higher sale value). Izquierdo we will need to come to an agreement on his contract and release him, or just not name him in the 25 until we know he is going to be fit, no-one is going to buy him all the time he's injured.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
People keep talking about Stephens moving on (Naylor was doing it in The Athletic a couple of weeks ago) but I'm willing to bet a shiny English pound that he'll still be with us by the end of next season.

Gross has hardly been mentioned but my guess is that he'll be the midfielder to get shifted out

Does Molumby have to be named in our squad? I

el punal

Last year was evolution as Ashworth, Barber & Bloom learnt about the magic of Potter.

Now - it’s time for wholesale change and we’ve started early!

Still plenty of business to conclude!

What an exciting Summer we’ll have as Potter clears out the old guard and recruits a wave of exciting young dynamic talent!

- IN: (Around 4?)

Lamptey style LB/LWB (J. Lewis or R.Sessegnon)

Tall quick striker, young and good on the ball and in the air: (Solanke, Edouard, Muriqi, Yaremchuk etc).

Versatile, young, dynamic DM/[emoji16]Utility: (Maitland-Niles)

Quick, young, goal scoring, skilful Forward/Winger/AM: (Neres, Sarr, Brooks etc).

U23 Graduates:

White
Molumby
Cochrane
Clarke
Băluță

- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

I know football is a ruthless business but you’ve certainly come out with the long knives on this one. I’m not sure that all on your list will be heading for the exit door, Dunk definitely not, at least not yet. Bernardo is okay. Stephens, March, Propper, Duffy and Montoya might not fit into Potter’s future plans. Izquierdo’s days are numbered, unfortunately, because of his persistent injuries. Ali-J could be our ace in the hole, in my view he is a clever player and his potential has never been fulfilled mainly down to lack of appearances.

We await and see, but you’re right there is definitely a revolution in the air and exciting times ahead.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Last year was evolution as Ashworth, Barber & Bloom learnt about the magic of Potter.

What an exciting Summer we’ll have as Potter clears out the old guard and recruits a wave of exciting young dynamic talent!

Tall quick striker, young and good on the ball and in the air: (Solanke, Edouard, Muriqi, Yaremchuk etc).

Quick, young, goal scoring, skilful Forward/Winger/AM: (Neres, Sarr, Brooks etc).

U23 Graduates:

White
Molumby
Cochrane
Clarke
Băluță

- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

Dunk out?

R u dizzy blud?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Exciting times

Although I'm happy relatively with the 2 signings so far they are almost strangely a bit anti potterball. Slow and old !

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Sort of get where you're coming from but don't you think at the top of Potter's requirements is 'technically' great. The club is trying to cover the young bit with the Academy (and some Ashworth gems) - but Potter, who has to do the alchemy, appears to value fantastic technique and personality above all else. If he can get great pace as well (Lamptey) then I'm sure he'd (we'd) piss himself (ourselves) with anticipation

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dunk out?

R u dizzy blud?

No one wants to see Dunk leave including me.

But if Chelsea (specifically) come up with a £40m+ bid and he wants to play Champions League Football, I think we’ve got enough at the back to cope. I think Webster will be a contender for POTS next season now he’s learnt his EPL trade, he has been immense since lockdown.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
People keep talking about Stephens moving on (Naylor was doing it in The Athletic a couple of weeks ago) but I'm willing to bet a shiny English pound that he'll still be with us by the end of next season.

Gross has hardly been mentioned but my guess is that he'll be the midfielder to get shifted out

Does Molumby have to be named in our squad? I

I'll see your shiny new pound and match it by adding Solly to the list. Potter knows there's a left wing back in there.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
No one wants to see Dunk leave including me.

But if Chelsea (specifically) come up with a £40m+ bid and he wants to play Champions League Football, I think we’ve got enough at the back to cope. I think Webster will be a contender for POTS next season now he’s learnt his EPL trade, he has been immense since lockdown.

Fair post.
Dunk is magnificent but I too am confident others will rise to the challenge if he moves on.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If we could sign a goal scoring striker like Giroud or Abraham to compliment Maupay & Connolly, then I think we are in for a very exciting season indeed.
Can we secure a striker of that quality? I’m not sure, although I’m much more confident after the club have surprised us with two CL regulars.
Also I think Connolly will be a cracking player and Maupay will be more confident this season, so even without another CF, we should see improvements on the pitch.
UTA

Wellbeck at Watford. 29 years old.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Agree with the context however few things here that won't happen.

R Sessegnon very highly doubt it even on loan ( high wages ) and will probably break into spurs team next season. J. Lewis will be expensive and didn't look too good last season think somebody else will take that bait.

You've put Dunk out which we cannot afford to let happen. By far our best player and one of the best defenders in the league, he'll stay and captain the side. Chelsea will avoid him probably because of his age and the fact they have Tomori, Zouma and linked with other younger centre backs.

I only expect one of Stephens or Propper to go however I also believe there is a strong possibility they will both stay. Gross, Duffy, Montoya all on the way out.

Cochrane, Baluta and Molumby will all be off on loan again possibly.

Don't think striker is a massive priority because we still have 3 very good finishers just lacking the creativity however a left back/ left wing back and a versatile winger would complete the squad for me.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Lallana and Joel Veltman are not slow.. Assuming you didn't see him in that Ajax side. Lallana is also pretty quick.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Exciting times

Although I'm happy relatively with the 2 signings so far they are almost strangely a bit anti potterball. Slow and old !

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Lallana is not slow. As for being old, Potter was talking last week about adding experience but 29 is right at the peak of a player's career.
What both have in common is being technically very able footballers. We won't sign anyone who isn't very comfortable with the ball.
Exciting times ahead.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think there will be some sales which will make a statement to the academy players. The pathway is still there.

I agree with the OP, there will be a cull.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

U23 Graduates:

White
Molumby
Cochrane
Clarke
Băluță

- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

I would be surprised if all these left. Especially the ones in bold.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

U23 Graduates:

White
Molumby
Cochrane
Clarke
Băluță

- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

My end of season review had it the other way round and I stand by that. The big revolution was changing to more possession based and more flexible tactics and introducing the likes of Connolly and Alzate and signing the likes of Lamptey.

I believe now you'll see the squad evolve. I can't see a mass clear out. We'll need a very strong squad of 25 in a constricted season with 5 subs allowed for a start. But the two signings we've seen are an upgrade on quality. Lallana coming in will naturally mean less game time for some or all of Stephens, Gross, Propper and Mooy but we know he's a little injury prone so we won't be throwing out the baby with the bath water. Veltman coming in will see the end of Duffy and Montoya for my money, but the former is probably ready to move on, having warmed the bench this season and Montaya simply isn't up to EPL football.

The squad is slowly improving window on window, which is exactly how it should be.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think we are moving in that direction but maybe not at the rapid speed that the OP anticipates. I also expect Dunk to be here next season unless a top four club comes in for him. There will be more outs than ins this offseason and just for once we may actually generate some funds. I expect one of Stephens/Pröpper to go but not both. Duffy, Montoya, Jose to go. Bernardo may stick around as we are so light in his position. March and Ali-J could go but wouldn't be surprised to see one of them stick around either.

It does promise to be an exciting transfer window, I suspect the LB will be the next position filled and we will of course have to wait until the midnight hour for the additional striker to turn up.

Or Leeds, obvs...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

U23 Graduates:

White
Molumby
Cochrane
Clarke
Băluță

- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

Why on earth would we need wholesale changes when we finally seem to be clicking? March, Propper, Stephens all good squad players. Selling Dunk a massive risk based on what he gives us.

Subtle adjustments to evolve the squad needed.

Glad you're not in charge, else it would be nailed on relegation.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

I mean...the absolute state of this.

No way are Dunk or Propper leaving for a start unless we get mega offers, which don't look like coming given everything else going on in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here