Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Pole In Goal

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely Kusz but sponsors NEVER go for a goalie.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
"A COMBINATION of terrible defending and superb goalkeeping sent Rovers crashing to their heaviest defeat of the season.
It was an undeserved but never-the-less dispiriting defeat.
Gary Bowyer’s side dominated the second half after doing much to disrupt Brighton’s rhythm before the break.
But they were unable to find a way past the inspired Tomasz Kuszczak."
Lancashire Telegraph report >>
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10798895.Brighton___Hove_Albion_3_Blackburn_Rovers_0/

Proves my point about a keepers efforts not being held as often pivotal to a winning performance, just the attack being unlucky.

Rovers didn't dominate the second half though, they came out the break well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At 2-0 I thought it would be between the two of them. A lot of kuszczak's saves were distance shots that were comfortable, with a few great saves thrown in, Barnes worked hard, played a part in all three goals (he got the ball down their flank and laid it off to Conway who crossed for Forster-Caskey). I expected them to give it to Barnes because it is frequently given to the one who scored or who scored most, but personally I would have given it to kuszczak, but I don't think it is the great upset that it has been at times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today made me realise what little he's had to do this season.

Great game by Tommy.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Kuszczak deserved it today. A string of saves and even caught a cross or two. Overall he should have been the man of the match.

The last time I remember a keeper being MOTM was Michel, vs Blackpool backs in the early 00s.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Kuszczak has made me nervous a few times this season but today he was outstanding and back to his best, deserved M.O.M today.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Simply brilliant work from from him today, and I loved the reaction when the early deflection went wide. "Not again" is written all over his face if you watch the highlights.

Think his best save came towards the end of the game, where he managed to get up to what looked like a complete no hoper.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As others have said and as I posted on the ratings thread, I think most of his saves were pretty standard for a GK. They had lots of shots from distance that you'd expect a decent keeper to save. They didn't carve out many clear cut chances apart from the free header in the 1st, @coldeanseagull has it spot on I think: it's almost giving them too much credit by giving PIG the motm because anyone can keep shooting from long distance.

We created proper chances in the box, took them and that's why we had 3 goals to their none.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
As others have said and as I posted on the ratings thread, I think most of his saves were pretty standard for a GK. They had lots of shots from distance that you'd expect a decent keeper to save. They didn't carve out many clear cut chances apart from the free header in the 1st, @coldeanseagull has it spot on I think: it's almost giving them too much credit by giving PIG the motm because anyone can keep shooting from long distance.

We created proper chances in the box, took them and that's why we had 3 goals to their none.

Spot on.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location

Agree entirely. He was fantastic, but not MOM.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
From where I was sitting, none of the saves looked that demanded. Good, yes, but nothing out of this world. Ash was my MOTM today, held the ball up as well as he ever has, good penalty and a poacher's finish.

For the record, I think all the players had great games today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here