Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I really dont want to dispel your dreams, but Pullis's last team were not that good, as i said earlier they spent a lot of last season being not very good, and they had a lot better players than you. Im not taking the mickey out of your lot now, although you are making it easy,,but i really think you should have done a WBA, at the start of the season, kicked out Holloway, got in a young ambitious manager, and be prepared to yo-yo for a couple of seasons until you were prepared for the prmier league. As it is and i maybe wrong, but i think you will really struggle for the next few years with Pullis, as the better managers in your league has sussed out how to play against his type of football, and so have the majority in our league

Quite often a manager that has been at a club for a long time needs to move on for his sake and the clubs sake. The players need may need a new voice and ideas that once worked do not have the same effect. That does not mean the manager is a bad manager and that his ideas will not work out at a new club where it is a fresh start for all concerned.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Do you think he will change his style of play? Do you think the players you have now can implement his style? And, if not, will you have the money to sign them, and, if you do, will they join your club?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Do you think he will change his style of play? Do you think the players you have now can implement his style? And, if not, will you have the money to sign them, and, if you do, will they join your club?

Only time will tell. In my opinion we don't have the players to go totally long ball. I also have no idea about the money available to him in January, as unlike some Brighton fans on here, I don't pretend to know the fine details of our finances. He managed to attract some big name players are his time at Stoke so yes, i'd be confident in that regard.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Only time will tell. In my opinion we don't have the players to go totally long ball. I also have no idea about the money available to him in January, as unlike some Brighton fans on here, I don't pretend to know the fine details of our finances. He managed to attract some big name players during his time at Stoke so yes, i'd be confident in that regard.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Unless you offer them a shedload of cash, no player any good is going to join you, as you are heavy odds on everywher( not just on here) to be relegated, at the beginning of the season you tried to sign better players than you have now and we all know how that ended up. As i have said, if Pullis plays his normal style off football, that will also deter the better players from joining you, as they will not like to be linked to a long ball side, relegated with a derisory points total.Heart doesnt count for much in modern football, if you have skill, you can gey by without it, if you have heart but no skill, you're f####d.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Agree with this. But since Holloway has left, the fight has returned to the team. I honestly think he lost the dressing room and he knew it. One thing we won't lack under Pulis is heart.

Certainly haven't been as awful under your temp guy, he seemed to be doing a decent job. Interesting to see how the players react to the change now. Pressure on pulis to show an improvement immediately.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If he is fit you will have the ideal man to play route one in GM and alongside Jerome give you hope that you can avoid relegation until Easter rather than secure it at Christmas. January will be interesting to see what other route one brute force and ignorance players Pullis brings in.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Unless you offer them a shedload of cash, no player any good is going to join you, as you are heavy odds on everywher( not just on here) to be relegated, at the beginning of the season you tried to sign better players than you have now and we all know how that ended up. As i have said, if Pullis plays his normal style off football, that will also deter the better players from joining you, as they will not like to be linked to a long ball side, relegated with a derisory points total.Heart doesnt count for much in modern football, if you have skill, you can gey by without it, if you have heart but no skill, you're f####d.

The transfer window in August was poor, no doubt. But it looks like we have learnt from that. The appointment of Iain Moody looks a masterstroke, Malky McKay can't speak highly enough of him. Their lose is our gain. I expect our January recruitment to be much better. As long as we are not to adrift then I feel we will be able to attract players. We are a London club, have a well known succesful manager, a good team spirit, passionate fans and a decent ambitious young board.

In regards to your point about skill, we do have players with that. Ward, Williams, Campana, Bannan, Puncheon, Bolasie and Chamackh are all technically gifted players. Our players are just lacking in confidence after a tough run of games. Look at our fixtures so far, it's been a very tough start on paper.

If you'd watched our games this year, we have been competitive including the Arsenal game where we could easily have got at lease a point on another day. We are not as bad as you seem to think.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Don't know if you can say we have no skill. Williams is all but back and Campana was looking pretty nifty earlier in the season. I take your point though.
Personally, I wasn't screaming for joy when Pulis was appointed. I'd have preferred Warnock on a temporary basis and then him moved upstairs to DoF for a young ambitious manager to have a crack in the championship but I'll get behind Pulis and hope he manages to forge something. Plus, who's to say any young ambitious manager would have joined us and last time they did they sodded off to Bolton pretty quickly. Personally, I'm now looking to garner the 9 points we need to beat lowest points total ever and then look upwards to the other 24 points we'll need to stay up. Do I expect us to get them? No not really but I think we'll have a decent crack of getting back to the Prem in the first attempt.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Don't know if you can say we have no skill. Williams is all but back and Campana was looking pretty nifty earlier in the season. I take your point though.
Personally, I wasn't screaming for joy when Pulis was appointed. I'd have preferred Warnock on a temporary basis and then him moved upstairs to DoF for a young ambitious manager to have a crack in the championship but I'll get behind Pulis and hope he manages to forge something. Plus, who's to say any young ambitious manager would have joined us and last time they did they sodded off to Bolton pretty quickly. Personally, I'm now looking to garner the 9 points we need to beat lowest points total ever and then look upwards to the other 24 points we'll need to stay up. Do I expect us to get them? No not really but I think we'll have a decent crack of getting back to the Prem in the first attempt.

Warnock or Pulis? Christ. There's a quandary I hope we never have to face.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
All the players you mention had better buy neck braces, cos they are going to need them. Are you seriously pleased at pullis appointment? I would have been gutted if we had got him after gus, i watch an awful lot pf football, both british, and foreign, and i had never heard of oscar, but, so far he appears to be a gem, and i love our style of football. There are no successful side i can think of anywhere who still play longball footie, even lower division sides are trying to play good skilful football now, but if you think you can buck the trend, well, i look forward to seeing you try.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The transfer window in August was poor, no doubt. But it looks like we have learnt from that. The appointment of Iain Moody looks a masterstroke, Malky McKay can't speak highly enough of him. Their lose is our gain. I expect our January recruitment to be much better. As long as we are not to adrift then I feel we will be able to attract players. We are a London club, have a well known succesful manager, a good team spirit, passionate fans and a decent ambitious young board.

In regards to your point about skill, we do have players with that. Ward, Williams, Campana, Bannan, Puncheon, Bolasie and Chamackh are all technically gifted players. Our players are just lacking in confidence after a tough run of games. Look at our fixtures so far, it's been a very tough start on paper.

If you'd watched our games this year, we have been competitive including the Arsenal game where we could easily have got at lease a point on another day. We are not as bad as you seem to think.

Chamakh, puncheon, ward, bannan technically gifted?

LMAO. Are you trolling or what?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As long as we are not to adrift then I feel we will be able to attract players. We are a London club, have a well known succesful manager, a good team spirit, passionate fans and a decent ambitious young board.

I

Nearly right about being a London club as you are registered as being affiliated to Surrey FA not London. Pullis is well known I give you that but hardly successful The rest is just pure dreaming and wishful thinking.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Chamakh, puncheon, ward, bannan technically gifted?

LMAO. Are you trolling or what?

Chamackh, a champions league record consecutive scorer. Signed by Arsene Wenger. I know he's been slagged off a lot on MOTD for his lack of goals but don't believe everything Alan Hansen says!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

If you read the post i didn't say you have no skill, i dont think you have enough quality in your defence, but your midfield is ok, and if murray proves to be a premiership player, he may get you goals like last season, or he might not like the season before. I have watched the albion for forty odd years, so i have seen players with hige hearts and no skill, and very few with huge skill, i know which i would prefer to have

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
All the players you mention had better buy neck braces, cos they are going to need them. Are you seriously pleased at pullis appointment? I would have been gutted if we had got him after gus, i watch an awful lot pf football, both british, and foreign, and i had never heard of oscar, but, so far he appears to be a gem, and i love our style of football. There are no successful side i can think of anywhere who still play longball footie, even lower division sides are trying to play good skilful football now, but if you think you can buck the trend, well, i look forward to seeing you try.

Your football under Gus and what I have seen under OG so far is dull as dishwater so please don't come across all high and mighty. You are not like Swansea, believe me. Most of the time you continually pass the ball slowly about between your back 4 and it does nothing to hurt the opposition. This means you get a high possession score each game but really it's a false stat as once you get into the oppositions half you struggle to break them down. Most of your wins are once you score first then defend for your lives to hold on. I won't deny your a hard team to beat once you go a goal up but if the opposition score first your normally ****ed, I believe you have only won 1 game in over 2 years where you have conceded first??

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Your football under Gus and what I have seen under OG so far is dull as dishwater so please don't come across all high and mighty. You are not like Swansea, believe me. Most of the time you continually pass the ball slowly about between your back 4 and it does nothing to hurt the opposition. This means you get a high possession score each game but really it's a false stat as once you get into the oppositions half you struggle to break them down. Most of your wins are once you score first then defend for your lives to hold on. I won't deny your a hard team to beat once you go a goal up but if the opposition score first your normally ****ed, I believe you have only won 1 game in over 2 years where you have conceded first??

Agree with you, when Gus was manager.

Thankfully, Oscar has changed this... So your point is currently invalid!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think its two actually, but i can see what you are saying in that yuo havent seen us very much. Last season we beat Blackpool, 6-1, Sheff Wed 3-0 Barnsley 5-1, some team from croydon 3-0, Udders 4-1, this season Blackburn 3-0, Donny 3-1, so to say we are1-0 and hang on for the win is bollox, and anyway we draw more than we win. We will see how you lot feel when you are getting shellacked every week, and your midfield doesnt touch the ball, cos its twenty feet above their heads

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I think its two actually, but i can see what you are saying in that yuo havent seen us very much. Last season we beat Blackpool, 6-1, Sheff Wed 3-0 Barnsley 5-1, some team from croydon 3-0, Udders 4-1, this season Blackburn 3-0, Donny 3-1, so to say we are1-0 and hang on for the win is bollox, and anyway we draw more than we win. We will see how you lot feel when you are getting shellacked every week, and your midfield doesnt touch the ball, cos its twenty feet above their heads

Anyone can pluck a few scores out of 2 seasons to make a point. The fact is, your football is defensive tippy tappy that more than often when you come up agaisn't a decent team results in a lose if you conceded first. For example, you only scored in 1 out of 4 of our meetings last year.

In regards to Pulis style, it really isn't as bad as you like to make out. You really think a player such as Charlie Adam would agree to sign for him if the ball was going to continueslly by pass him. A lot of Stoke's percived reputation come's from Rory Delap and his long throws. I doubt any player currently playing in the Prem could do what he did but Pulis had that weapon at his disposal and used it. In recent years Pulis has played 2 wingers in Pennant and Etherington and has gone at teams this way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here