Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Yeah but you will be playing hoofball and so will still be a laughing stock.

If it means 2 years of hoofball and then becoming an established side in the Premiership then so be bit. You enjoy your time in the Championship, I think you're going to be there (at best) for a long, long, long, long, long time :D

Yeah but you will be playing hoofball and so will still be a laughing stock.

Palace have been playing hoofball for the last three years so it will be no surprise to them. Sometimes it works but ultimately in the end fans & Clubs tire of it.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Palace have been playing hoofball for the last three years so it will be no surprise to them. Sometimes it works but ultimately in the end fans & Clubs tire of it.

Yes, getting the ball out to Zaha and Bolasie to take on defenders and rip them a new ******** (how is Greer by the way?) was so very long ball. You don't know what you're talking about Major old boy. No surprise though considering you never go to games and instead sit in your room all day trolling on your laptop...

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I cannot see a worse team than palace in that league. May change if they spunk more money in January, but this time on suitable players.

What's so funny is that there were palace fans on here backing their rather chaotic transfer policy this summer - wonder what they think now?

Palace are gambling yet again with their future. If they spend big in January and still fail they are going to have a very very worrying time next season. Those premiership funds aren't limitless. They could sink like a Bradford.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...and counting...

Dull and predictable, maybe but it's still the truth and admit it, you don't like it. You lot thought we were dead and buried 3 weeks ago but our last 2 results plus the appointment of Pulis means we are right back in with a fighting chance of survival :wave:

The fact that your caretaker manager got you 4 of your current 7 points makes it even more chuckleable that Pulis will come in now and change the style of play. I don't know of a single palace fan that's excited at all by this appointment. Perfect

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Yes, getting the ball out to Zaha and Bolasie to take on defenders and rip them a new ******** (how is Greer by the way?) was so very long ball. You don't know what you're talking about Major old boy. No surprise though considering you never go to games and instead sit in your room all day trolling on your laptop...
Zaha did not do so great yesterday did he, neither the one trick pony that got sent off? Alas you would not know that yet since you have been too busy posting on another club's forum and probably not ventured from your caravan to an away game for many a year.

Well as I've watched Palace five times in the last two seasons (which is probably 5 times more than most Palace posters on here) I can give a reasonably opinion. Hoofball , to me, is when you regularly launch it from the back to a big front man - that's what I saw from Palace when I watched them. I am not saying it's wrong or doesn't get results - just direct and lacking in finesse.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I'm not particularly defending the Major but I find it ironic that a Palace fan on a rival club's forum can accuse anyone of trolling. What do you call what you're doing?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
The fact that your caretaker manager got you 4 of your current 7 points makes it even more chuckleable that Pulis will come in now and change the style of play. I don't know of a single palace fan that's excited at all by this appointment. Perfect

Funny that. He has around a 60% approval rating on the BBS and multiple positive tweets on Twitter.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

[/B]

Yes, I'm sure Stoke fans are absolutely gutted about now being an established Premiership team, having a category 1 academy, getting to a recent FA cup final and being financially secure for the long term... :whistle:

Its a great appointment IMO. He'll get us organised, hard to beat and fighting for every ball. From what i've read on the Stoke forums over the past few days, his style of football is no where near as bad as the media like to make out. Yes, he likes a big defence and a target man but he also likes to use wingers and get crosses into the box at every opportunity. Even if the football turns out to be uneasy on the eye, it's a 2 and a half year deal so it's hardly like we will be watching long ball football for the rest of our lives.

His appointment gives us a fair chance of staying up now. Yesterday was a massive win for us, it's given the whole club a massive lift, means we are only 3 points behind 4th from bottom and sets us up nicely for 3 realistically winnable games next. As long as we are not to far adrift in the bottom 3 by the January window then who knows what will happen. Murray will be back very soon plus 3 or 4 other decent signings (including a possible loan of a certain Wilfried Zaha) and we could shock everyone and survive. I can just imagine all your faces if it happens :clap:

You do know that to become an 'established' premier league club pulis net spend was £80million? Is that the kind of money parish is throwing his way?

[/B]

Yes, I'm sure Stoke fans are absolutely gutted about now being an established Premiership team, having a category 1 academy, getting to a recent FA cup final and being financially secure for the long term... :whistle:

Its a great appointment IMO. He'll get us organised, hard to beat and fighting for every ball. From what i've read on the Stoke forums over the past few days, his style of football is no where near as bad as the media like to make out. Yes, he likes a big defence and a target man but he also likes to use wingers and get crosses into the box at every opportunity. Even if the football turns out to be uneasy on the eye, it's a 2 and a half year deal so it's hardly like we will be watching long ball football for the rest of our lives.

His appointment gives us a fair chance of staying up now. Yesterday was a massive win for us, it's given the whole club a massive lift, means we are only 3 points behind 4th from bottom and sets us up nicely for 3 realistically winnable games next. As long as we are not to far adrift in the bottom 3 by the January window then who knows what will happen. Murray will be back very soon plus 3 or 4 other decent signings (including a possible loan of a certain Wilfried Zaha) and we could shock everyone and survive. I can just imagine all your faces if it happens :clap:

A lucky 3 points from Hull and a sacked long ball merchant and suddenly they are on the verge of the Champions League. Whatever next ? a full house ! :rotlf:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Well as I've watched Palace five times in the last two seasons (which is probably 5 times more than most Palace posters on here) I can give a reasonably opinion. Hoofball , to me, is when you regularly launch it from the back to a big front man - that's what I saw from Palace when I watched them. I am not saying it's wrong or doesn't get results - just direct and lacking in finesse.

Well it's quite clear from this that your talking a load of BS. I saw the vast majority of our games last year and we played some great stuff. Which games did you watch last year?

Why not give up on the blatant lies and propaganda you always spout. It's a dull act.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Funny that. He has around a 60% approval rating on the BBS and multiple positive tweets on Twitter.

Funny that when I've spoken face to face with actual real people their view is different to yours

Well it's quite clear from this that your talking a load of BS. I saw the vast majority of our games last year and we played some great stuff. Which games did you watch last year?

Why not give up on the blatant lies and propaganda you always spout. It's a dull act.

Palace vs Albion x 5 (over last 2 seasons).

Sorry - but I think Palace were and are a poor side. Zaha was vastly overrated , but the pick of a bad bunch. They can't pass , something which is regularly said by MOTD pundits. You got lucky at getting into the playoffs and even luckier by beating two superior sides when in them - however that is your good fortune and our bad luck. However, you have been found out this season despite drafting in 15 new players. Pulis will want to bring in (and ship out) more which will lead to further weakening of any team spirit you may have.

Be honest - there are not 3 teams worse than you in the Prem. I'd say there are about 8 Championship teams better than you at the moment. If you're fishing for compliments from me then you can feck off! :clap:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You do know that to become an 'established' premier league club pulis net spend was £80million? Is that the kind of money parish is throwing his way?

In 4 years in the Prem, they never once got close to getting relegated under his leadership. His net spend of around £80 million was over 5 seasons including the Championship promotion year. Considering each season teams in the Prem now get at least £63 million each year, it's not a concern :cheers:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Palace vs Albion x 5 (over last 2 seasons).

Sorry - but I think Palace were and are a poor side. Zaha was vastly overrated , but the pick of a bad bunch. They can't pass , something which is regularly said by MOTD pundits. You got lucky at getting into the playoffs and even luckier by beating two superior sides when in them - however that is your good fortune and our bad luck. However, you have been found out this season despite drafting in 15 new players. Pulis will want to bring in (and ship out) more which will lead to further weakening of any team spirit you may have.

Be honest - there are not 3 teams worse than you in the Prem. I'd say there are about 8 Championship teams better than you at the moment. If you're fishing for compliments from me then you can feck off! :clap:

You are sweet. For starters, you never really went to 5 games did you. More lies.

We played you 4 times last season and you failed to score in 3 of those games. You were well beaten in the playoffs and it certainly wasn't hoofball. The year before that we played you off the park at the Amex and again, it certainly wasn't hoofball.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In 4 years in the Prem, they never once got close to getting relegated under his leadership. His net spend of around £80 million was over 5 seasons including the Championship promotion year. Considering each season teams in the Prem now get at least £63 million each year, it's not a concern :cheers:

No, not a concern, cos you can always go into administration, have you tried that before?

Oh yeah, i remember

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You are sweet. For starters, you never really went to 5 games did you. More lies.

We played you 4 times last season and you failed to score in 3 of those games. You were well beaten in the playoffs and it certainly wasn't hoofball. The year before that we played you off the park at the Amex and again, it certainly wasn

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Funny that when I've spoken face to face with actual real people their view is different to yours

It's easy to lie on the Internet, especially when your talking about your biggest rivals who humiliated you in your own backyard #justsaying

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

You won't have five seasons in the premiership

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here