The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...and counting...

If we ever appointed someone like Pulis I'd seriously consider giving up my season ticket. Even Stoke fans were getting sick of his agricultural style of football by the end.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Impressive list of clubs managed, Premier quality, hhmmmm

Gillingham
Bournemouth
Bristol City
Portsmouth
Plymouth
Stoke
Crystal Palace

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hadn't noticed this on here yet

Crystal-Palace-advert.jpg

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Danny Baker tweeted; Tony Pulis appointed Palace manager. Isnt that like being appointed Lou Reed's doctor

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Will he wear a CPFC baseball cap ?

PLEASE let him be wearing a CPFC basball cap.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Palace getting ready to spend another £25-30 mill by allowing Pulis to bring in his own coaches and 5 new players in January, Admin number 3 on course.

Dont believe all you hear especially on here .

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I was genuinely worried when palace got promoted as spent sensibly that money could set them up for a sustained period. Fortunately their owners are showing quite how shambolic and tinpot the club they run are by playing out an absolute farce of a season in what should be the pinnacle of the sport.

Aside from wasting money on a shower of players in the summer they now have the added cost of a managerial departure, a new guy who has obviously negotiated a very good deal for himself and a commitment to spunk more of the treasure chest in January. Those ground plans are going to be a way off now as their owners tear up the 5 year plan and resort to short term panic.

Add to that the idea of waking up as a football fan and being told tony pulis is your manager sends a shiver down your spine

No wonder they are all clinging to that playoff victory as what lies ahead looks thoroughly depressing

Yes, I'm sure Stoke fans are absolutely gutted about now being an established Premiership team, having a category 1 academy, getting to a recent FA cup final and being financially secure for the long term... :whistle:

Its a great appointment IMO. He'll get us organised, hard to beat and fighting for every ball. From what i've read on the Stoke forums over the past few days, his style of football is no where near as bad as the media like to make out. Yes, he likes a big defence and a target man but he also likes to use wingers and get crosses into the box at every opportunity. Even if the football turns out to be uneasy on the eye, it's a 2 and a half year deal so it's hardly like we will be watching long ball football for the rest of our lives.

His appointment gives us a fair chance of staying up now. Yesterday was a massive win for us, it's given the whole club a massive lift, means we are only 3 points behind 4th from bottom and sets us up nicely for 3 realistically winnable games next. As long as we are not to far adrift in the bottom 3 by the January window then who knows what will happen. Murray will be back very soon plus 3 or 4 other decent signings (including a possible loan of a certain Wilfried Zaha) and we could shock everyone and survive. I can just imagine all your faces if it happens :clap:

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
[/B]

Yes, I'm sure Stoke fans are absolutely gutted about now being an established Premiership team, having a category 1 academy, getting to a recent FA cup final and being financially secure for the long term... :whistle:

Its a great appointment IMO. He'll get us organised, hard to beat and fighting for every ball. From what i've read on the Stoke forums over the past few days, his style of football is no where near as bad as the media like to make out. Yes, he likes a big defence and a target man but he also likes to use wingers and get crosses into the box at every opportunity. Even if the football turns out to be uneasy on the eye, it's a 2 and a half year deal so it's hardly like we will be watching long ball football for the rest of our lives.

His appointment gives us a fair chance of staying up now. Yesterday was a massive win for us, it's given the whole club a massive lift, means we are only 3 points behind 4th from bottom and sets us up nicely for 3 realistically winnable games next. As long as we are not to far adrift in the bottom 3 by the January window then who knows what will happen. Murray will be back very soon plus 3 or 4 other decent signings (including a possible loan of a certain Wilfried Zaha) and we could shock everyone and survive. I can just imagine all your faces if it happens :clap:

fuckometer-150x150.gif

:wave:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not the worst appointment. If we play them next season we will struggle. Pulis will make them tough to beat. Even if a little uninspiring its what they need at this point in the season.

Where they will still struggle is upfront. There front line is horse shit.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I was referring to the criminally dull & predictable dirge trotted out by your exceptionally tiresome colleague. That said, I can always include you too if you like? :wink:

Dull and predictable, maybe but it's still the truth and admit it, you don't like it. You lot thought we were dead and buried 3 weeks ago but our last 2 results plus the appointment of Pulis means we are right back in with a fighting chance of survival :wave:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Dull and predictable, maybe but it's still the truth and admit it, you don't like it. You lot thought we were dead and buried 3 weeks ago but our last 2 results plus the appointment of Pulis means we are right back in with a fighting chance of survival :wave:

The Everton result was decent but I'd be surprised if Hull don't go down this season , punching above their weight so far.

As for Pulis , I hate to say it but he'll give you a fighting chance - whether it'll even be close to what's required is a whole nother question.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

I'm happy to admit that the truth is you certainly are both dull & predictable.

And no, I don't particularly like it. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports