The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
52 threads and counting, at least we know you really do care.

Wasn't really a farce was it? Might have taken longer than expected but we still appointed the No.1 choice of the board and most of us fans.

Even you lot have to admit he's a decent manager.

Depends what you define as a good manager really.... This is the man who spent £25 combined on Charlie Adam, Peter Crouch & Kenwyne Jones. Saying that if I was going to employ a manager to try and keep your squad up it'd probably be him but let's be honest... You're not going to stay up and he will be managing you in the championship next year which for me if I was a palace fan(shiver) I wouldn't exactly be enamoured at the prospect of that..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Guardian are saying he'll be unveiled on Monday - 2 1/2 year deal.

Could be good news if he stays until his contract finishes - 3 consecutive relegations and an administration ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ha. Excellent. Mr T. Pulis and his trusty baseball cap and puffa jacket standing with clenched jaw as his team of lightweights get barged off the ball left right and centre...and there's NOTHING he can do about it until January when he makes a bold move to bring Delap and crouch to the join the jolly Jestermen.

Ha ha ha ha. You'd need Jesus Christ to raise your season from the dead and you've hired that one trick pony to manage your team of weedy no marks...epic failure beckons.

£2mill a YEAR to let him feather his retirement nest before he inevitably "retires" at the end of the season with your shower of shit sitting rock bottom of the prem.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
On behalf of the nation, I would like to thank, the four chairmen of the apocalypse,the players, and staff, and, of course the fans, of Crystal Palace Football Club, for selflessly, in this time of great hardship for our country, depressing outlook, and horrible weather,keeping us all royally entertained, with their inept, nay shambolic search for a new ringmaster to the Fred Karno's circus that is Croydons premier sports club
That is top class.

:lolol:

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Depends what you define as a good manager really.... This is the man who spent £25 combined on Charlie Adam, Peter Crouch & Kenwyne Jones. Saying that if I was going to employ a manager to try and keep your squad up it'd probably be him but let's be honest... You're not going to stay up and he will be managing you in the championship next year which for me if I was a palace fan(shiver) I wouldn't exactly be enamoured at the prospect of that..

Who's knows whether we'll stay up but if anyone can do it, Pulis has as good a chance as any.

If we do go down we know we have a manager who took a vastly average Stoke side and got them promoted automatically whilst going on to establish them in the Prem.

It was worth the wait tbh.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Who's knows whether we'll stay up but if anyone can do it, Pulis has as good a chance as any.

If we do go down we know we have a manager who took a vastly average Stoke side and got them promoted automatically whilst going on to establish them in the Prem.

You clearly don't understand the issues here. Pulis can only organise a team to play one way. He will not be able to get your team of eight stone weaklings and midgets to play his way. The only player who can, and does, play the Pulis way is that dirty get Mile Jedinak and his elbows.

What will he make of Bolansie, Williams and Chamakh "sniff"? Judas might do well under Pulis but will need a good few matches before he can get back to his diving best and he'll have every evil defender in the prem after his knee if he looks like causing any trouble

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

You genuinely believe that PULIS was worth the wait? I genuinely find that incredible.. Footballing rivalries aside Pulis lost motivation in his last managerial job and took serious persuading to take the Palace job, hardly inspiring for you. But there you go time will tell, all I can say is if I was you I'd have far preferred a young & upcoming manager to give you a bit of identity and get you playing good football ready for next year. I can't think of much worse than watching Pulis disgusting style of football but that's just me.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That so many on the BBS are completely opposed to this appointment is enough to make me very happy indeed about it.
:bigwave:

Can see players like Bannan, Williams and Gayle really flourishing with Tony's tactics.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
So when Parish talked about getting a manager who was going to deliver the Palace style of football throughout the club, from 1st team to Academy, this is what he meant? Pulis? This is truly a bizarre appointment. Added to which, Pulis has negotiated himself a huge salary, and a commitment to spend shed loads in Jan. The relationship between manager and chairman must already be VERY strained. It will be fascinating to watch this one unfold.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That so many on the BBS are completely opposed to this appointment is enough to make me very happy indeed about it.
:bigwave:

Can see players like Bannan, Williams and Gayle really flourishing with Tony's tactics.

Gayle wouldn't flourish under Guardiola. He's not nearly good enough.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
So when Parish talked about getting a manager who was going to deliver the Palace style of football throughout the club, from 1st team to Academy, this is what he meant? Pulis? This is truly a bizarre appointment. Added to which, Pulis has negotiated himself a huge salary, and a commitment to spend shed loads in Jan. The relationship between manager and chairman must already be VERY strained. It will be fascinating to watch this one unfold.....

I listened to that interview with Parish this morning and I really cannot believe how Prince Charming can face his fans after what is a complete turn around with this appointment. He really is starting to show himself up now,

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Palace getting ready to spend another £25-30 mill by allowing Pulis to bring in his own coaches and 5 new players in January, Admin number 3 on course.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...and counting...

I was genuinely worried when palace got promoted as spent sensibly that money could set them up for a sustained period. Fortunately their owners are showing quite how shambolic and tinpot the club they run are by playing out an absolute farce of a season in what should be the pinnacle of the sport.

Aside from wasting money on a shower of players in the summer they now have the added cost of a managerial departure, a new guy who has obviously negotiated a very good deal for himself and a commitment to spunk more of the treasure chest in January. Those ground plans are going to be a way off now as their owners tear up the 5 year plan and resort to short term panic.

Add to that the idea of waking up as a football fan and being told tony pulis is your manager sends a shiver down your spine

No wonder they are all clinging to that playoff victory as what lies ahead looks thoroughly depressing

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Palace getting ready to spend another £25-30 mill by allowing Pulis to bring in his own coaches and 5 new players in January, Admin number 3 on course.

Pulis spent 25M on Crouch, Jones & Adam at Stoke, exciting times for palace :lolol: I'm just shocked some of their fans are actually HAPPY with him but there you go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports