The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At LAST... one with a sense of humour from Pinkie Brown!

"At first I wanted Pulis then I didn't then I did then I wasn't sure then I didn't and now I think I do. Lucky I'm not picking the manager otherwise it would have taken weeks..."

:clap2:

Feb 14, 2010
Palace most successful period was when they played long ball football and so its no surprise. The biggest shame however is for English football. We need more Poyet's and less Adams/Pullis type managers. I wonder if Pullis will tell the kid with drum what to do with his drum stick?!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Excowboy sums up the mood nicely...

"I'm always happy to be proved wrong - especially by Palace playing well. Can't help but feel shit about it now, though.

Frankly the only piece of good news for me now would be finding out he's on a short contract."

Titanic bids to shake off "pro-palace" suggestion.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oh my heart bleeds for them... I can chuckle at their despair... but it's the hope that is really FUNNY !

Elgin Eagle: "We still have hope, nothing official from the club, just paper talk. Hopefully they will be able to hold on till after the weekend, and see what happens in other places."

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
When does this start getting EMBARRASSING?

Cleon: "He's a ******* chav who produced the world's most boring football at great expense."

Elgin Eagle: "Well basically because 50% of people dont want to spend their saturdays/sundays/mondays watching the worst form of anti football for x months until he's sacked."

Kylie_Tracey: "... and a foul mouthed, middle aged, baseball cap wearing, thug"

Oh... it already did... weeks ago! :laugh:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is bullying tolerated on NSC?

What are your thoughts on TFP? Personally I don't think it as bad as some are making out on BBS... after all, it is not as if you were burdened with a tremendous selection of candidates to chose from, was it? *cough* Dowie *cough*

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps the reason why Parish has delayed appointing a manager for so long is that he is waiting for a winnable game before making the announcement so as to get the new manager off to a good start?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Perhaps the reason why Parish has delayed appointing a manager for so long is that he is waiting for a winnable game before making the announcement so as to get the new manager off to a good start?

Maybe. Best hope they draw someone shit in the 3rd round of the cup though. August is a long time to wait.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
What are your thoughts on TFP? Personally I don't think it as bad as some are making out on BBS... after all, it is not as if you were burdened with a tremendous selection of candidates to chose from, was it? *cough* Dowie *cough*

Spends too much money for my liking.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

A long wait - that'll be next season in the Championship.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Forever Stripes chips in with this pearl of joy: "If he's taking this long to decide he is clearly only in this for the money. As the new thread from the Stoke fan says 'he seems to have lost interest in the last two years', the prospects are grim."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Palace had done things properly, this season had the potential to be utterly miserable for us.

Luckily they are behaving just as you'd hope from such a tin pot outfit. :cheers:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If Palace had done things properly, this season had the potential to be utterly miserable for us.

Luckily they are behaving just as you'd hope from such a tin pot outfit. :cheers:

Yup, my footballing mojo has been fairly miserable since the night of shame in May, but the last 30 days (and counting) have started to put a spring in my step again.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Yup, my footballing mojo has been fairly miserable since the night of shame in May, but the last 30 days (and counting) have started to put a spring in my step again.

My feelings exactly. I know they are in the PL and have a tinpot full of money but other than that it is the same old crappy Palace being run by the most pisstakeable chairmen, cast adrift at the bottom of the table having spunked quite a few millions on a host of average championship level players before sacking their clown of a manager. Oh and Selhurst is still a seeping pus laden bumhole of a stadium they still can't fill. All in all their season is working out so much better than I'd hoped. Just missing a smattering of dressing room unrest, perhaps a fight on the training ground and a player splashed all over the tabloids front pages for being pictured snorting coke of a fat hookers saggy norks. Come on Chamakh, make us all happy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports