Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"Pulis has managed six teams, and they have all played in the same way.

He may have studied the methods of others, but that doesn't mean he's going to drop everything he has ever believed in. He's 55 - we're not going to see a volte-face here.

It's not just the long-ball, either - it's the huge sums spent on very average players, the overly physical approach and the ******* shirt-pulling at set-pieces; Stoke were the worst side I've ever seen for all that shit."

It's almost too painful to watch! :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If ever there was a wrong man for the wrong team it's this beautiful partnership. Pulis is all about defending like a ******* and being physical, attacking is not a priority. The Palace team has an awful defence, players that like to throw themselves at the ground and the only thing they are geared up for is attacking, and they're not particularly good at that anymore. Marvellous.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Steve Parish was outside Sainsbury's at Selhurst today, and saw an old lady struggling out with six heavy bags. Being a kind-hearted soul, he went over to her and said "Are you alright, love? Can you manage?" "F*ck off", she said, "I wouldn't touch the job with a barge pole".

BBS

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Pulis has managed six teams, and they have all played in the same way.

He may have studied the methods of others, but that doesn't mean he's going to drop everything he has ever believed in. He's 55 - we're not going to see a volte-face here.

It's not just the long-ball, either - it's the huge sums spent on very average players, the overly physical approach and the ******* shirt-pulling at set-pieces; Stoke were the worst side I've ever seen for all that shit."

It's almost too painful to watch! :)
Keep up the good work Titanic...!!!

This is very happy stuff. In truth, CPFC are obviously taking a long shot (long ball?) punt on their only possible chance of staying in the Premier League. To have appointed an Oscar Garcia type, long term footballing prospect, at this stage would have been pretty much accepting relegation, which they can't and shouldn't do.

The fact that it is so completely doomed to abject and expensive failure is wonderful.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Palace reveal improved offer to Tony Pulis

caps.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I like this one....

"This is going to be like watching paint dry when you suddenly dicover you have painted it the wrong colour.
eek.gif
"

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"He will be the most unpopular manager since Mullery. And how many unpopular managers win over the fans and stay for long. Not many."

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
At LAST... one with a sense of humour from Pinkie Brown!

"At first I wanted Pulis then I didn't then I did then I wasn't sure then I didn't and now I think I do. Lucky I'm not picking the manager otherwise it would have taken weeks..."

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oh dear... this one from Adrenalin John really takes the cake...

"Disastrous appointment. We need to build a team for next season and the ones beyond..
We don't need an expensive dinosaur who will drag us down with another bunch of overpaid undermotivated journeymen added to the payroll in January.

**** it appoint Millen or Warnock and take our time to get the right man in"

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oops... Elgin Eagle needs an anger management course...

"he'll get lynched. it will be the shortest appointment ever. Get it into your head that half the fanbase dont want him. How do you ever imagine that it could possibly work?

As long as Pukis isn't appointed by the way, i'll be in the prince george from 6pm before west ham, if you fancy discussing who is the clueless **** and who isn't."

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Excowboy sums up the mood nicely...

"I'm always happy to be proved wrong - especially by Palace playing well. Can't help but feel shit about it now, though.

Frankly the only piece of good news for me now would be finding out he's on a short contract."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here