Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder if there is an official record for the longest a top-flight club has been without a manager during the season.

Spain - a centre forward? Who needs a centre forward?
Palace - a manager? Who needs a manager?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wonder if there is an official record for the longest a top-flight club has been without a manager during the season.

Spain - a centre forward? Who needs a centre forward?
Palace - a manager? Who needs a manager?

Careful, Steve Parish will be on NSC next denouncing you for questioning his CEO skills.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
By the looks of it not even Pulis wants the job... Let's be honest any other premiership team he'd snap their hands off if offered the job, don't see why he's taking so long to decide, would be getting on my wick if i was a fan.

All I can say is... DOWIE DOWIE DOWIE! :laugh:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"I don’t think Pulis is a bad manager. I just think it’s disappointing that it seems we are about to make a very uninspiring and unimaginative appointment and we are missing a great opportunity to do something different. "

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
"I don’t think Pulis is a bad manager. I just think it’s disappointing that it seems we are about to make a very uninspiring and unimaginative appointment and we are missing a great opportunity to do something different. "

Is that what Parish is going to say at the press conference announcing Pulis as manager?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"Strangely, I think the reason the board have struggled with strategy is that they can sense staying up is actually an achievable goal. We've played well enough in enough games to believe that the right coaching could put a healthy amount of points on the board.

If we had been truly terrible then appointing someone for next season would have been far easier."

Deluded or what??

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"Something about his approach to this feels like he's behaving like he's too good for us. Last time I got that feeling about an incoming manager was Venables II."

Gosh they sound THRILLED!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
BZrDDp8IMAA6a2M.jpg

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"Recently spoke to one of Tony Pulis' former players. Called him 'Tony Clueless' & described tactics/training as "from the dark ages". Ooof."

:laugh:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"What a depressing day. Can't quite comprehend the thinking behind this."

The gift that just keeps on giving! :laugh:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"To wait this long only to end up with Pulis must be like waiting ages for Christmas and upon opening your present finding out you've been given a lump of coal."

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"Imagine being a twelve year old boy SP. Now imagine it’s Christmas morning and you’re sat their with your final present to open. It’s a big one, and you know what it is. It’s that Goodmans stereo you picked out the catalogue and wrote to Santa about.
Only you open the present and it’s not in there. It’s your hamster Steve. It’s your hamster in the box and it’s not breathing. That’s how I felt..."

Oh dear... *snigger*

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"CPFC2010 have made mistakes, but I've been overwhelmingly supportive of most of what they have done. This, however... I really think it's such a monumental error; another sticking plaster when, despite our league position, it was a huge opportunity to progress the club in the long-term."

I really should do some work... but this is strangely compelling.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How much is it going to cost to have GPS tracking fitted inside the footballs at Smellhurst ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here