The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 29 days...and counting...

You know what - I'd do the opposite. That season we scraped through to the Championship we were dreadful but because the pressure was off (a bit like this season) I'm very relaxed about results and enjoying the footie much more because of it.

If I were in their position I'd go to the stadia on my to-do list and just treat this season as a bonus. Relegation is inevitable so stop fretting and just enjoy the day's out with your mates. Anyway, we all know Saturday away days to Donny and Bristol and Yeovil are much more fun than Sunday at 4 in a ground with no atmosphere and 8 miles away from yours full of 'fans' from Singapore.

If winning is your main reason for supporting then you've picked the wrong team.

I agree. I'd rather get someone in who would give the team an identity and have a bit of a go at it, even if it meant getting spanked most weeks by the big clubs. They're going down anyway, might as well have an enjoyable season and plan for next year, and possibly get the odd big scalp along the way. If I was Parish I'd give someone a chance, go for an up and coming manager with some fresh ideas with the target of getting them back to the Premier League next season.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Personally I wouldn't.
He's not what we need at the moment, and it could have been a Mullery mark 2 scenario.
Don't give me that bull......You would've snapped up Gus at the first possible chance,then be crowing on here at the NSC about Gus not wanting to be here at Brighton and would rather be at Palace...remember G Murray...Palace saying that they had no interest in signing him...within days he was a Palace player....:D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They'll turn you over now I reckon. You're a worse team than last term by a good distance. And you know it.

What, Hull?

I'm not so sure. I think Hull are essentially quite poor, and have sneaked a couple of results through lame penalties and clinging on in defence. This could be one of the worst quality Premier League games in history, and it's got 1-0 either way all over it, as neither side have any decent strikers.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What, Hull?

I'm not so sure. I think Hull are essentially quite poor, and have sneaked a couple of results through lame penalties and clinging on in defence. This could be one of the worst quality Premier League games in history, and it's got 1-0 either way all over it, as neither side have any decent strikers.

Poor as they are, Palace are poorer.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What, Hull?

And next weekend it's Norwich v Palace. The wonder and glory of it.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Don't give me that bull......You would've snapped up Gus at the first possible chance,then be crowing on here at the NSC about Gus not wanting to be here at Brighton and would rather be at Palace...remember G Murray...Palace saying that they had no interest in signing him...within days he was a Palace player....:D

As I said , in my opinion.
With the Palace/ Brighton history, Poyet would'nt have been given a fair crack of the whip, and bringing along number 2 Charlie as well ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I agree. I'd rather get someone in who would give the team an identity and have a bit of a go at it, even if it meant getting spanked most weeks by the big clubs. They're going down anyway, might as well have an enjoyable season and plan for next year, and possibly get the odd big scalp along the way. If I was Parish I'd give someone a chance, go for an up and coming manager with some fresh ideas with the target of getting them back to the Premier League next season.

That sounds exactly like Blackpool when they were in the PL a couple of years ago. Palace should get that manager in.

Oh...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good news for Palace fans, Gus may soon be available :smile:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Are palace fans the thickest and most delusional of them all. I reckon they might be:-

"@PalaceCPFC: Lets all raise our glasses to the best Chairman ever to grace The PL @CEO4TAG Got our man, well played. #cpfc http://t.co/nUdxpQttPN"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What, Hull?

Maybe but Hull have actually made some Premier League quality player signings since promotion. Remind me which of Palace's many signings have that quality?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What, Hull?

Think you are wide of the mark there. Hull have got some very good players and look a decent outfit. Should have enough to ensure 6 or 7 sides will be below them.

My opinion like

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As I said , in my opinion.
With the Palace/ Brighton history, Poyet would'nt have been given a fair crack of the whip, and bringing along number 2 Charlie as well ?

Do you wish to clarify anything in that statement?

Tarrico is Poyet's number 2. If you were trying to suggest anything else, I suggest you have the number of a good lawyer handy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports