Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Palace 2013 managerial farce. 31 days...THEY FOUND ONE!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Taking a long time for a Pulis to agree to take over isn't it.... DOWIE DOWIE DOWIE! :rave:

Make the call Parish, you know you want too.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Latest Managerial applicant's CV dropping through the letterbox at Selhurst

BVrE38NIgAEfGzf.jpg:large

Is it from Harry Redknap ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I really do not think they will let him, they may not know football as they are still learning but they do know business and only the most blinkered would deny that. I know you will come back with Holloway(I almost wrote Dowie, that name has been haunting me recently) spent X amount on that lot but I do not think it is as much as everyone is imagining, the ones on big wages will be gone at the end of the season and the loans can go as well

Pulis has the upper hand at the current time , if he is appointed it will be on the basis he can bring in players who can hoof it up and down the pitch. CPFC2010 will have to throw some money his way in order to avoid ending up in the Guinness Book Of World Records.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Looks like Parish will be slagging off another journalist soon....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9034054/palace-problems

It must be great for him to be right all the time and everyone else wrong, even about his hair. You would think that after conning people into paying a fortune for what are, if we are honest, average timepieces (although associated with well known stars), he could get a decent barnet.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Looks like Parish will be slagging off another journalist soon....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/9034054/palace-problems

It must be great for him to be right all the time and everyone else wrong, even about his hair. You would think that after conning people into paying a fortune for what are, if we are honest, average timepieces (although associated with well known stars), he could get a decent barnet.

The gift that's keep giving! :laugh:

"The opportunity to plan ahead was there and not taken... Playing the part of inexperienced no-hopers might work with some supporters, but to be so woefully unprepared feels unacceptable."

"Owen Garvan signed a new two-year contract in May but now finds himself in the reserve squad, while 27-year-old French defender Florian Marange signed a one-year deal in August only to be omitted from the 25-man group a fortnight later. Stephen Dobbie, 30, was also bought and subsequently loaned out. These are not youngsters whose value could increase. They appear to be the signings of a panic-stricken club flailing around aimlessly with little strategy in place."

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Pulis has the upper hand at the current time , if he is appointed it will be on the basis he can bring in players who can hoof it up and down the pitch. CPFC2010 will have to throw some money his way in order to avoid ending up in the Guinness Book Of World Records.

There is no way we will not beat Derby's points, I will bet with anyone about that as I am sure of it

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I really do not think they will let him, they may not know football as they are still learning but they do know business and only the most blinkered would deny that. I know you will come back with Holloway(I almost wrote Dowie, that name has been haunting me recently) spent X amount on that lot but I do not think it is as much as everyone is imagining, the ones on big wages will be gone at the end of the season and the loans can go as well

SP has stated that your wage bill has trebled for this season though hasn't he? That must make it in the region of 40-45 million even before transfer, signing on and agents' fees are taken into account. Won't leave much from this season's 60m.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"If he does finally get the nod, it might just work. But all the evidence suggests that, as far as Crystal Palace are concerned, it will be more by luck than judgment"

Looks like people are finally starting to twig that Palace are the ultimate noddy club.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
BBC News... "It is expected that Tony Pulis will let Crystal Palace know later today if he wants to be their next manager..."

Blimey - he sounds enthusiastic! :laugh:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
SP has stated that your wage bill has trebled for this season though hasn't he? That must make it in the region of 40-45 million even before transfer, signing on and agents' fees are taken into account. Won't leave much from this season's 60m.

A lot of guess work going on here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So they're now sitting there waiting to see if a journeyman manager can be arsed to manage their tin pot shitty little shower of crap? Bloody hell, they are a total shower of shit aren't they.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
How did the Palace 'gamesmakers' scheme go out of interest? :timmy:

Not got a clue, I have never met one. Although people volunteering their time to help fellow fans doesn't seem a bad thing to do.

Personally I'd rather sit in the pub and enjoy a couple of pints and have a chin wag. :drink:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But E.P is correct the football under Bailey was boring and Pullis like and the crowds were falling badly.

The crowds did not like Bailey's brand of football, but I remember watching us beat Arsenal and Manchester United at home, Liverpool at Anfield, and at one stage being 5th in the top flight. People want to have their cake and eat it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here